PDA

View Full Version : Car Bras

SPECTRE
21-05-2007, 03:54 AM
hey Guys,

Thinking of buying a car Bra for my 04 GT0 for when I go for country drives. I have seen afew threads associated with them, but wondering if anyone has experienced scratching or other damage from using them. Understand the idea of not leaving them on for hours, and making sure the areas are clean prior to fitting, but still concerned about scratching.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Ta

Neil

ERASER
21-05-2007, 04:08 PM
I always use a car bra on my maloo when i take it out on cruises. If you follow a few simple rules it wont sratch your paint.
First make sure car is clean and inside of the car bra is clean. Make sure its fitted nice and tight so it doesnt flap around in the wind. As soon as you get to were you going take it off. Then refit it for the journey home.
Most important rule is never use them in the rain, ever! The road grim that comes up and then goes under the bra will scratch the hell out of your bonnet.
Also try to have a nice layer of wax on the car as this gives it extra protection.

Carmino

SPECTRE
21-05-2007, 04:28 PM
I always use a car bra on my maloo when i take it out on cruises. If you follow a few simple rules it wont sratch your paint.
First make sure car is clean and inside of the car bra is clean. Make sure its fitted nice and tight so it doesnt flap around in the wind. As soon as you get to were you going take it off. Then refit it for the journey home.
Most important rule is never use them in the rain, ever! The road grim that comes up and then goes under the bra will scratch the hell out of your bonnet.
Also try to have a nice layer of wax on the car as this gives it extra protection.

Carmino

Thanks Carmino...

Good info. I would NEVER have thought to take it off in the rain, so that is in the memory vault... appreciated.

Neil

tara13
24-05-2007, 09:42 AM
carmino's advise is good........i had one for a little while. i thought they did the job......especially if you do driving in the countryside like i do, but my mistake was leaving it on while parked at a friends and when i came out someone had taken it straight off the car. so always remove it no matter what even if at the time it's seems inconvenient.
if anyone see a vs senator car bra on ebay...........that's mine.

SPECTRE
24-05-2007, 04:37 PM
carmino's advise is good........i had one for a little while. i thought they did the job......especially if you do driving in the countryside like i do, but my mistake was leaving it on while parked at a friends and when i came out someone had taken it straight off the car. so always remove it no matter what even if at the time it's seems inconvenient.
if anyone see a vs senator car bra on ebay...........that's mine.

Cheers mate... more good info...

Neil

lowgto
26-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Are you going to get the matching red car bra...yeah go on!!!

Duke
30-05-2007, 09:46 PM

Carmino

What do you guys think about clear car bra? Any experience with this? Is it better option than conventional car bra?
Duke

SirHSV
31-05-2007, 12:48 AM
I had a black CV8 and bought a car bra for Interstate drives to Queensland as soon as I arrived I took off the bra and cleaned the car not a scratch perfect.
I was told to polish the area where it will sit on before placing the bra on the car. It tends to move easier while driving and it does help reduce future scratches. Goes on easier and the contact between body and bra is smoother that will reduce the chances of the bra scratching the body while driving long distances..

I had no dramas with the bra and the car was black!!!

Duke
31-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Does anybody know a company Duco Scratch in Brisbane? They can fit clear car bra. I called them this morning to find out more about their product and I went to their shop late today to see how the clear car bra looks on a car. I was quite surprise the car bra is nearly invisible, only when you know what to look for you can see it from very close distance. I will get clear car bra fitted next week, I will let you know the result. Their web site http://www.ducoscratch.com.au/ (http://www.ducoscratch.com.au/)

CLUBSPORT305
16-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Just got my car bra from CARBRA (derr!) and its awesome! :D

A very very good product!

Perfect match on color couldnt be happerier! :-D

mix6000
17-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks Carmino...

Good info. I would NEVER have thought to take it off in the rain, so that is in the memory vault... appreciated.

Neil
Hi, I've just got a New Black VE Maloo R8 & Dealer showed me a car with a clear car bra...Had it done on my Maloo from day 1......very impressed with the product, cars done 7,000klm in less than 2 months (I love driving it, hehehe) & there are still no marks on the car, just got back from Qld the second time & it was pissing down all the way home, wouldn't have been able to use a normal car bra?......I love it & people don't know its on till ya tell them.....OZZY COZZY in Brookvale if anyones interested, Cheers..:)

white_lie
17-01-2008, 10:54 AM
How much are the clear ones worth if anyone doesn't mind me asking. They seem a bit more practical to me (I would mostly want one on in the rain than any other time). Does any moisture get in between the bra and the duco?

mix6000
25-01-2008, 07:51 AM
I paid around $500, it's been on for 2 months now......so far so good, it hasn't lifted anywhere. They also come with a 5 year warranty...cheers:)

sorry officer
19-02-2009, 03:01 PM
hmm...i've heard to many horror stories to ever get a car bra i think... plus, they aren't exactly cheap. And all my driving is country driving, so i think taking it on and off would be too much of a pain in the ass for me, personally :oops:

HRDHSV
19-02-2009, 03:49 PM
It's definatlly a pain in the ass but its better than getting your front end spayed again and again:)

sorry officer
19-02-2009, 08:46 PM
I got a good mate who's a spray painter anyway ;) but i hope i don't have to call in too many favours...

GJ227
20-02-2009, 02:00 PM
I have had 2 carbras and found that you do need to be careful, and make sure the car is polished before putting it on, i have however left mine on in the rain, and as long as you take it off after the trip, and have the bra on tight when it does rain then it hasnt been an issue, you must hang the bra either in the garage or shower once its wet, and allow to full dry before ensuring the fluff on the inside is vacummed and cleaned of any partiucals that could scratch the next time you put it on, but if you are into making sure your car gets no stone chips and keeping your car clean, then a bra is the way to go, if not then dont bother you will ruin your paint work quicker then the stones and bugs ever will

Gj227

zclubby
09-04-2009, 04:51 PM
I think I would rather drive around with stone chips than be seen with one of those hideous bras.
Good idea but I'm sure there is a better way.
How effective are the plastic strips at the front of the bonnet, they certainly look better.

HRDHSV
11-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Your bank balance must be good then to be spraying your front end constantly.

Rookie
29-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Has anyone had any experience with paricular brands? I am in the process of buying a Vehicle in Victoria and am looking to drive it back to Port Macquarie. I have had quotes from carbra and also robco, but was just wondering if anyone had personal experience with any particular brands?

BROCKR
30-05-2009, 01:03 AM
Got mine from carbra aust, been great so far no probs, its the only one ive tried and had tho :confused::D

Rookie
30-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Carbra aust. are a little dearer but they can have one out to me in a couple of days which is a little more appealing than a 2 week wait.

aLEX R8
18-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Wondering if a VE R8 can have a carbra on because in the users handbook it says that you cant due to having front air ducts that cant be covered at any moment other wise the car over heats. Well no S**T it will over heat.
But having a black car that i love soooo much even the smallest mark gets my blood boiling.

So if anyone knows a place that does it in Melb i would be very thankful.
Cheers

HRDHSV
19-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Car bra does make them mate, ive got one from there and works a treat, there is allowances for air through your front bar. www.carbra.com.au
http://www.carbra.com.au/examples.html

aLEX R8
19-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Car bra does make them mate, ive got one from there and works a treat, there is allowances for air through your front bar. www.carbra.com.au
http://www.carbra.com.au/examples.html

cheers mate. ill get one as soon as i get my front bar sprayed because i dont have carbra. :D

E-Series GTS
22-06-2009, 05:44 PM
I've got a silver carbra for my VE GTS that I just can't bring myself to put on the car. If anyone's interested in buying it let me know. Brand new, never been put on.