PDA

View Full Version : Need help with install please

Swinghammer
23-12-2006, 12:50 AM
Got a quick question for you guys

Doing the complete install on the weekend.
Question is: when I have the rear seat removed in the GTO for the install, I have heard that I must be very careful not to set the airbags off. can this happen with the airbags with the seat out?

And if so, How can I test the stereo system is working before I put all the seats and trim back in without me setting off the airbags?

I know to have the battery disconnected during install.

help would be very much appreciated please

MattyMayhem
23-12-2006, 02:31 AM
The only thing I can think of is touching something that would short the airbag firing thingo...

Testing should be simple...but when you wanna see if your new system goes off with a bang you want to hope the bang isnt an airbag.

You need educated advice though =)

Swinghammer
23-12-2006, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the reply Matty. I have done so much research for the install. I can't remember were I saw this warning about rear seats and airbags

VYSV8
23-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the reply Matty. I have done so much research for the install. I can't remember were I saw this warning about rear seats and airbags

i havent heard of this issue before the bag shouldnt fire unless there is a far bit of force applied to the direct area or as mentioned before you play with the wiring of the bags themselves.