PDA

View Full Version : Hello good people

DanGTS
25-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi

Just wanted to say hello. I just got my GTS yesterday - Black on Black.

Now I have to sell my old GTS - though it's not HSV it's a Skyline GTS-t...and I thought it was quick..Ha!

Ive had a couple dramas with my new car, told it is due to build up on the spark plugs
I got the car 1km away from dealership and the check engine light went on. Brought it back in, waited 30 mins for engine to cool and they changed a plug. Went for 60k trip and half way through the light came back on. Now they tell me to burn it in this weekend so I will take it for a 100k trip today up to Palm beach and back. If that doesnt help back it goes for a full set of plugs.

Either way it put a big downer on what should have been a happy day.

Though I have never had good luck with cars, first one was a '69 GTO (in canada) my old man sold it before i got my license. 2nd one was a Bradley GT (kit car) and it caught on fire before i got it on the road, 3rd one was a piece of junk that blew 2 engines, 4th got stolen 2 weeks after i put a CAI, catback and chip+dyno (integra r), 5th got stolen before I could mod it(replacement integra r), 6th got t-boned at an intersection, other drivers fault and I waited 3 months for parts since it was so new

Skyline was gold until I let me mate testdrive it last weekend...he got hit so it's in the shop..

I plan on modding my beast, CAI for christmas and catback for birthday (if my wife agrees) and new chip/dyno when I find the cash...so I should have some tips and stories to tell over next year.

Anyway enoguh of my ramble.

Cheers,
Dan

vypower
25-11-2006, 01:23 PM
congrats on the car. don't worry bout the troubles. im sure it'll fix up ok.

enjoy....

murph_fan51
26-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Did you get the new E series GTS?

DanGTS
27-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Yes sir. VE. #GTS 0339

vypower
27-11-2006, 01:31 PM
we envy you!!!

you've gotta put some pics up on here for us

hows she feel compared to the rice burner?

SirHSV
27-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Welcome on board mate nice ride a bit strange for a new car to do that but never mind.... WE NEED IMAGES MATE PLEASE UPLOAD LOVE TO SEE IT WAITING!!!!

Yes sir. VE. #GTS 0339

DanGTS
27-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Agreed, will do on Sunday. I am on holiday in NQL until then. If I wake up early nough b4 flight tommorrow i may snap a few off.

Even though Ive taken it somewhat easy on it until i break 1k kms it has so much more stick than the Skyline. My mate and I went for a spin today, he has a R32 GTR skyline and he was really impressed with the torque. The traction is awesome also.
Only thing i miss would be the 4 wheel steer. I don't miss the constant sound of the turbo blow off though.