PDA

View Full Version : Underdriven Balancers

Clubbie Geoff
28-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Hello,

Has anyone fitted a Powerbond Underdriven Harmonic Balancer to their Ls1? I am thinking of having one fitted to mine but was hoping that someone could give me some feed-back. I have spoken to Marranos Performance and to Power Torque and what they are telling me does not match. Marranos claims better fuel economy and a slight increase in power whilst Power Torque says that there will be no gain in either department just that the engine will rev a bit more freely. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Generation Motorsport
03-10-2006, 10:50 AM
hey
we have fitted quite a few, and have seen a small power increase, you probably would never notice the difference on the road. But, on the track, where your revs are always up, its a good thing. if you plan to do drive days, or a lot of strip work, then i recommend it.

cheers
GM

mr&mrs R8
20-10-2006, 08:10 AM
i agree with generation here. fitting a balancer to be brutally honest isn't worth it just for street driven unless big hp is the goal. for track use it would be a top idea. small power gain would be there as less reciprocating mass and would rev just a bit harder.

Clubbie Geoff
25-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Thank you for your replies, I will put a great deal of thought to wether it is worth fitting a balancer to my ride.