PDA

View Full Version : vx clubby exhaust

jester91
10-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Hey guys I want to get a set of extractors and exhaust for my clubby but am not sure of what to get to give the car the mean growl to go along with its looks any one know what a good set would be and what it would cost.

murph_fan51
18-09-2006, 08:39 PM
http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthread.php?t=2043

Search the forum first, usually you can find what you want.

EliteM
21-09-2006, 03:24 PM
majority go for pacemakers
approx $800 fitted ($700 if u strip and do the boogy woogy) ;-)
well worth it... awesum note

jester91
26-09-2006, 11:04 PM
I got the new system it's from genie its mild steel but does the job quite nicely i think not overbearing but quite mean. set of extractors and twin 2.5 inch exhausts cost $1700 all up including a dyno run before and after.

chappy
28-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Ok for what its worth I went Pacemaker Tri-y’s (PH 5367) with the Ceramic Coating on them.

Because it was a late series VY series2 I had to move the Cats back this meant using ( VY Series II Extensions; Part No PEX5367Y x 2.) Oxy Sensor Wiring Looms.
When you move the Cats back make sure you put the in upside down to give you max ground clearance.

I then use Berklee Cat back 2 1/2" duel system (BS9586) mufflers and intermediate pipes.

The rear resonator/muffler (BS9587).

It sounds very deep and beefy had that great old V8 rumble to it.

Cheers and good luck

vyclubby
27-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Why would you replace the HSV headers? They are HM headers anyway which are have the widest powerband spread out of all on the market. Plus they are an inteference type header.

GTS215
27-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Why would you replace the HSV headers? They are HM headers anyway which are have the widest powerband spread out of all on the market. Plus they are an inteference type header.

Many would disagree with you.

vypower
29-11-2006, 06:03 PM
most common change is for pacemakers. do not... i repeat... do not go for the cheaper way out and get no name stuff. generally the flow is compromised with a budget. the best value in my view are the paceys. i have 'em on mine and it's awesome. however, i did notice a huge difference by mistake. i got a redback system put on from cats back but bottomed it out and crushed it. long story short, i was doing business with someone who had a sole operator workshop who offered to fix it at cost so i didn't say no. he changed the muffs and pipes and i got louder, and more HP. flows heaps better. no name cat back gave me extra 6rwkw on dyno. weird, and wouldn't normally advise. i think it is to do with the muffs are straight through whereas the redback enters ones side and exits on the opposite side of the muff. ei left into right. therefor having more travel. these ones enter on side and exit in middle and are much shorter. seem to flow better and give beefier note. my mates thought i'd done something to my engine!!!!

but make sure you get good extractors!!!!

Gen3r8
30-11-2006, 09:15 PM
I dont see the worth of replacing the extractors you have as you will only pick up a few extra kilowatts and for the price your better of spending the dollars on improving air intake and an Edit. I changed my exhaust from the cats back and used Difilipo which IMHO is one of the better exhausts around.

Tim
01-12-2006, 12:09 PM
If you wanna really hear your engine, get the SS inductions growler kit. Its not exhaust, but what a tough intake sound. My mate has one. You hear him coming and going. Tough as!!