PDA

View Full Version : vx v6 supercharged wannabe

EliteM
05-09-2006, 12:52 AM
G'day holden gurus,

Im have stock vx 6 and "Required" to fit a supercharger after being beaten by a evo lancer (i know it may be quick but F*&k i hate 2L) anyway... i can get a bolt on used m90 (heads, manifold, fuel rails, supercharger, wiring loom, supercharged memcal, harmonic balencer, supercharged engine cover, crank angle sensor and pulleys.) unfitted for approx $2000. now what i would like to know if i should go ahead with it or buy a 6 already charged? if i do the upgrade is there anything else i have to do..strengtheing wise...

or betta yet..should i sell my self and save for the new record breaking maloo's? show that f&^*& 2L whos boss ;-)

thanks in advance guys

BeteNoir
05-09-2006, 07:23 PM
I doubt that a supercharger alone will let you beat a post-2000 Evo.

BRENT
06-09-2006, 06:38 PM
G'day holden gurus,

Im have stock vx 6 and "Required" to fit a supercharger after being beaten by a evo lancer (i know it may be quick but F*&k i hate 2L) anyway... i can get a bolt on used m90 (heads, manifold, fuel rails, supercharger, wiring loom, supercharged memcal, harmonic balencer, supercharged engine cover, crank angle sensor and pulleys.) unfitted for approx $2000. now what i would like to know if i should go ahead with it or buy a 6 already charged? if i do the upgrade is there anything else i have to do..strengtheing wise...

or betta yet..should i sell my self and save for the new record breaking maloo's? show that f&^*& 2L whos boss ;-)

thanks in advance guys
Hi mate,

Your alot better off if you can iether buy a complete engine with the orginal super charger on it or better still buy a v6 with the supercharger already in it. U will end up saving alot more money buying a car which already has the supercharger in it.

BeteNoir
06-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Brent makes a fair point, but you have to be very careful. Be wary that the car could have been utterly trashed day-in-day-out by the driver. If so, you probably wished you did the supercharging yourself.

There is always the factory supercharged S, but you are limited to an auto. Some of the earlier VT models did have manual transmissions however.

BRENT
07-09-2006, 09:14 AM
U should be able to get yourself into a factory made L67 for around 10,000 - 12,000ish. Save you alot of time and money then trying to fit an eaton to a ecotec engine.

EliteM
14-09-2006, 09:33 PM
thanks guys...hmmm...mite be easier buying another v6 factory charged. bugga!
but if i do charge my current 6..im always wanting to get more n more...s&^t just doesnt stop. thanks again