PDA

View Full Version : Gas conversion?

nice 28
25-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Hey guys.
Been waiting for my account to be activated and it just did.
Basically i was wondering if anyone here has their v8 running on gas.
I wanted to know if it was possible because i was looking at purchasing a hsv in the near future.
I know that most people are against the idea of running their v8 on gas, but i think that it would be good to have such beautiful cars, and be able to run them at an affordable cost.
If it was possible to run your v8 on gas, which i think it is because i've seen a few cars on carsales that run on them, what would be the cost of getting a car converted to gas.

Thanks in advance

BeteNoir
31-08-2006, 10:49 PM
The LS1 can be run on gas.

Give Apollogas a ring on (03) 9761-7883.

vta
12-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Hey guys.
Been waiting for my account to be activated and it just did.
Basically i was wondering if anyone here has their v8 running on gas.
I wanted to know if it was possible because i was looking at purchasing a hsv in the near future.
I know that most people are against the idea of running their v8 on gas, but i think that it would be good to have such beautiful cars, and be able to run them at an affordable cost.
If it was possible to run your v8 on gas, which i think it is because i've seen a few cars on carsales that run on them, what would be the cost of getting a car converted to gas.

Thanks in advance

nice 28

On Gen111 the only approved LPG kit is a vapour injection kit I have driven and done custom tunes on these vehicles. The LPG conversion cost is currently $4000 to $4500 less the government subsidy drive in drive out (done by Riverstone LPG in Sydney) the performance level is equal to petrol and respond to custom tuning in the same manner as petrol you should not use the earlier mixer type LPG installation on GenIII as the petrol computer does not like the fuel delivery accuracy of the cheaper non approved mixer type LPG kits.

Additional LPG Gen111 information and photo's on www.vtatune.com

VTA

Niteshadow
22-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Nice 28,

Alot of people with V8's are looking at doing the gas conversions to their Gen III's & LS1's.
After fitting & having a full mafless tune, they are coming out with better power figures than the petrol counterparts.
Somehow LPG gives the engine tuner more tuning abilities for more effienct performance!

Good Luck.
Niteshadow