PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger!

scotty
30-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi all, i was just after a little info on superchargers, i live in the country and there are no shops i can get around and ask so im askin all you guys,
I have a VP GTS to which i have had stroked out to a 355 (has stock 5litre rods in it) and a nice mild cam (c.o.m.e 427 cam), have had the stage 2 kit in the auto, the work was done about 7500kms ago, i think it should have somewhere in the range of 200kws at the wheels? i was wanting to reach into the 300s wat would be my limit before blowin the f%^$ out the engine and the rest of it, i still want it to be a nice street car as that is wat it is now, am i naieve in thinking 5grand will get me wat i want? I guess im askin wat are my otions and there respective power outputs? and price?

thanks guys look forward to some great advice?

im in victoria any workshops out there?

Generation Motorsport
03-08-2006, 10:22 AM
check out the yella terra site, the new super charger from them looks the goods, at a good price too. the stock rods will take a fair bit of power, but it is always good practise to consider the condition of the engine when planing an upgrade like this. as far as shops go, im sure if your on the net you can find a good place.

cheers
GM

Leo
03-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi,

For around $5k. Yes I agree with Yella terra or even Harrop. I am not certain how much power you can push from them but you should get 300Kw very easy.

All I can say is do your homework before you buy one.

Cheers