PDA

View Full Version : VY Clubsport Exhaust

Nummy
20-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Hi I've got a VY Clubsport and I was hoping someone could give me a few ideas on the best exhaust system to put on my car. I'm not really chasing a big power increase i just want my car to sound more like a V8 than it currently does. $1000 or less is what i'm looking at spending.

Also I would like to know the cost and benefits(power) associated with changing the air filter to a K & N. Thanks for any help on this.

Generation Motorsport
24-07-2006, 09:29 AM
if you only want sound, then a cat back system will do, and are about $800 fitted, with the K&N, if you just want to replace the filter, its about $120, or if you want some induction roar, and better power, a K&N air charger kit is the go, and is about $400.

cheers
GM

Sonny@Marranos
26-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Hi I've got a VY Clubsport and I was hoping someone could give me a few ideas on the best exhaust system to put on my car. I'm not really chasing a big power increase i just want my car to sound more like a V8 than it currently does. $1000 or less is what i'm looking at spending.

Also I would like to know the cost and benefits(power) associated with changing the air filter to a K & N. Thanks for any help on this.

If ur gonna do ur exhaust,do it right the first time as there is alot of crap out there,go the full di fillipo system,it will give you power,crisp v8 sound and no drone ! ,the quality of the di fillipo system is proven i have fitted over 50units to date...

As far as intakes go,there isnt a intake system out there that matches a over the radiator unit,dont waste ur money on anything less,if its just raor you want,add a second hole and monaro cold air intake shroud,it will cost in parts $30approx + k&n filter $120,if ur handy with the tools you can do it urself

regards sonny

GTS215
27-07-2006, 07:56 AM
As Sonny suggested with the monaro 2nd hole mod, this link was posted from the ls1 forum on how to do it.

http://www.users.on.net/~pedroj/ute/vy_ute_airbox.html

or another example

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=52147&highlight=2+hole+mod