PDA

View Full Version : Vt 3.8l Problem!

Junz
12-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Ive got a stock vt and i have this clicking noise coming from the front i was told it was the camshaft being to great but im not sure if it is affecting the take of in my car. It doesnt rev hard from take of and sometimes power kicks in so im not sure if its the accelerater cable, even when i put my foot down it doesnt have a fast take of and it might be the camshaft but i aint sure....I then got an exhaust and that didint help..??

sk8ie_boi
19-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Ive got a stock vt and i have this clicking noise coming from the front i was told it was the camshaft being to great but im not sure if it is affecting the take of in my car. It doesnt rev hard from take of and sometimes power kicks in so im not sure if its the accelerater cable, even when i put my foot down it doesnt have a fast take of and it might be the camshaft but i aint sure....I then got an exhaust and that didint help..??
I think this maybe normal, I'm not fully understanding what your saying, but my VT does sort of kick in power afterwards and not straight away.

Generation Motorsport
24-07-2006, 09:33 AM
i dont know what to say about this one, but any noise should be checked out, and power delivery should be smooth and consistant. id take it to a competant mech and get it checked.

cheers
GM