PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Best Oil To Use????

Harrow
22-05-2006, 12:57 AM
Hi All,Just Wanting To Know What Is The Best Oil To Use In GTS Gen 3 Engine?Hardly Driven,But Will Be Driven Hard On Race Track,Street Drag odd Cruise.
Also Whats The Best Oil For 6sp Manaul Box?And Finally What Best Oil To Use In Diff?2001 hsv vx gts 300kw.I Would Appreciate Any Help Thanks All

yunhsv
30-05-2006, 12:19 AM
you can try the New Castrol Edge sport :) 0w-40

I'm currently using the Castrol Edge sport 5w-30 :)

Or else looks for Royal Purple oil ;)

Harrow
01-06-2006, 04:47 AM
Thanks yunhsv

yunhsv
01-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Not a Problem'

Another think a bout your Gear Oil. I'll use Redline for the Tranmission and probably the same for the diff (unsure)

good luck

Generation Motorsport
02-06-2006, 09:47 AM
redline light for the box, and for the diff as well, but if you are gonna give it a real hard time, put the heavy in the diff. i'm not a fan of super light wight engine oils. remember when you are in top, on the highway, you are only doing less than 1500 rpm, with only about 15/20 oil press. use a real oil, and you will have the engine a long time. I like pennzoil 15w50 GT, or anything along those lines. it does not have to be a synthetic, your engine should never get that hot that it needs a synthetic. if it has a turbo or 2 , then you would go a syn, but i would still use something with a bit of weight. it may cost a couple of horses, but its the best insurance for the donk.........AND CHANGE THE STUFF EVERY 5K + FILTER. If you are going to a track day, it doesnt hurt to put an extra litre in to prevent oil surge.

hope this helps.
cheers
GM

Harrow
12-06-2006, 03:55 AM
Thanks GM,Your A True Legend In The HSV Field.Much Appreciated Again.

Niteshadow
22-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Harrow,

Check out www.mainlube.com.au

Their oils are going far beyond what other oils have to offer & they are made in Australia.
If you buy any of his oils, he can test your old oil & send the results back to you. Then after 5,000kms, will retest your new oil & see what difference it has made.
Any question you have, no matter how hard your question, he'll give you it all.

Niteshadow