PDA

View Full Version : Grange DVD AV problem

nickbo
20-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi there,

Anyone with an Grange tried the external A/V input on the DVD. Mine does not pick up the signal or, the AV input is stuffed.

1st thing is, has anyone else tried it ?

MattyMayhem
21-03-2006, 10:26 PM
What are you trying to hook up to it out of interest?

What jacks are there that you are trying to use?

nickbo
22-03-2006, 12:57 AM
I got an "In car" TV tuner from Jaycar which outputs composite PAL and L/R audio via RCA Jacks.

This definately works because I have tried it on a TV with composite in and no problems.

I rang Holden today to see if there may be a known firmware fault in the Panasonic DVD - but no-one knows (at this stage).

I was just wondering if anyone had tried it on a caprice or other grange....

cheers

nickbo
22-03-2006, 12:58 AM
oh, sorry - RCA inputs on the front of the DVD player (it's a badged panansonic - but there's nothing on any panasonic web-sites either)

ChrisR
27-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Question, is the input PAL or NTSC? ASLogistics can tell you but the fact it works on your TV does not mean it is compatible with the car. A conversion box may be required. I own an FPV and use a RGB conversion box that works well and I have DVD, Sat Nav, Ipod, Reverse Camera and baby cam. I use a Nesavision splitter via remote that allows you to have different inputs on the roof vs front screen. Again, chat through the PAL vs NTSC with an expert.

LS3 050
27-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Question, is the input PAL or NTSC? ASLogistics can tell you but the fact it works on your TV does not mean it is compatible with the car. A conversion box may be required. I own an FPV and use a RGB conversion box that works well and I have DVD, Sat Nav, Ipod, Reverse Camera and baby cam. I use a Nesavision splitter via remote that allows you to have different inputs on the roof vs front screen. Again, chat through the PAL vs NTSC with an expert.

Hey dude, check the date... this conversation took place 3 years ago. I think he may have solved the problem by now:D

ChrisR
27-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey dude, check the date... this conversation took place 3 years ago. I think he may have solved the problem by now:D

sorry, date hard to see on an IPhone and I'm only on this forum occassionally! Good site.

Stewiecasserole
28-10-2009, 10:52 PM

Nicely owned :lol::lol::lol: