PDA

View Full Version : VQ wont start??

GRANT
15-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi I have a VQ stato 5ltr auto that will not start, when you check there is spark and loads of fuel on the plugs like its flooding, I have noticed that when you sit with they key in run pos after aprox 30sec you can hear the injectors start to chatter. Ive swapped the ignition modual and the computer from a VN 5ltr and the chatter stopps but then the plugs never seem to be getting any fuel with the VN computer in it and the car still wont start. Does anyone know if these computers are similar enough to start the car??? Could I have a stuffed hall effect pickup in the disy even if I am getting spark? I have noticed that if throtle is held fully open you can hear a small popping noise in the airbox almost like when the disy timing is out but never a backfire. lost need help!!

norton
15-02-2006, 08:36 PM
the vn & vq comps and modules should swap no prob. check my post intermitent injector pulse failure as an idea.

GRANT
16-02-2006, 04:57 PM
thanks Norton fixed problem it was the computer causing the injectors to go crazy but the ignition modual or (interface as some call it) was also faulty allowing spark but sending mixed signals to the main computer. I also noticed it was making the tacho bounce up to 2500rpm during crank over. Seems the VP and VQ computers are the same but the VN has some differences. Cheers for info. :D