PDA

View Full Version : HSV, why is it so ..........

HSV8R8
16-12-2005, 12:17 AM
I am hoping to learn more about a few things about this car that really bug me - hope some one can offer the elusive answers to the questions below

1) Why does the engine rev at 1500 rpm when coasting in neutral and any speed over 1 km/h? - can this be disabled?
I presume it is to minimise engine locking the wheels when selecting gears or down shifting but 1500rpm - that's equivalent to 15% throttle position - is that nessecary? - it feels unsafe!

2) Why does the gear lever start out nice and tight and positive (6spd) and after a while end up feeling loose, prone to vibration and just terrible? - are short shifters subject to the same fate? - and how many times can you get this fixed under warranty - is 3 too much ?

3) How many time's must the climate control system be fixed befroe it is actually fixed ? I checked the owners manual but it doesn't say that not working properly is part of the specification - maybe it's like the gear shifter - after 3 goes it may be better ?

4) What is HSV's take on technical ***istance with issues like this - I cannot find anyone to talk to - without paying for someone to "look @ it", only to be told - "that's how it is"

please help :cry:

MattyMayhem
16-12-2005, 12:46 AM
Gee that sounds very frustrating !

So all the HSV dealers are saying that they will charge you to look at it...even though its under warranty?

You pay all that money on a vehicle, and if you think there is something wrong with it, it is your right to get them to sort it out. You didnt work everyday and spend your money on a car with problems, unless you specified in the contract that you wanted the problems.

Was this car bought new?

GTS215
16-12-2005, 08:58 AM
I am hoping to learn more about a few things about this car that really bug me - hope some one can offer the elusive answers to the questions below

1) Why does the engine rev at 1500 rpm when coasting in neutral and any speed over 1 km/h? - can this be disabled?
I presume it is to minimise engine locking the wheels when selecting gears or down shifting but 1500rpm - that's equivalent to 15% throttle position - is that nessecary? - it feels unsafe!

2) Why does the gear lever start out nice and tight and positive (6spd) and after a while end up feeling loose, prone to vibration and just terrible? - are short shifters subject to the same fate? - and how many times can you get this fixed under warranty - is 3 too much ?

3) How many time's must the climate control system be fixed befroe it is actually fixed ? I checked the owners manual but it doesn't say that not working properly is part of the specification - maybe it's like the gear shifter - after 3 goes it may be better ?

4) What is HSV's take on technical ***istance with issues like this - I cannot find anyone to talk to - without paying for someone to "look @ it", only to be told - "that's how it is"

The T56 (truck gearbox) are commonly known to be noisy and notchy. Especially when they get older.

Idling on 1500 is normal mine (holden 5.7) sits around 1000 on idle. At a recent HSV club meeting, the HSV Boss did highlight the fact they are working towards better customer servcie and having people avaiable for tecnical issues over the phone rather than the slack and lazy dealerships who seem to run away from customer complaints.

GTS215
16-12-2005, 09:06 AM

The T56 (truck gearbox) are commonly known to be noisy and notchy. Especially when they get older.

Idling on 1500 is normal mine (holden 5.7) sits around 1000 on idle. At a recent HSV club meeting, the HSV Boss did highlight the fact they are working towards better customer servcie and having people avaiable for tecnical issues over the phone rather than the slack and lazy dealerships who seem to run away from customer complaints.

HSV8R8
16-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Gee that sounds very frustrating !

So all the HSV dealers are saying that they will charge you to look at it...even though its under warranty?

You pay all that money on a vehicle, and if you think there is something wrong with it, it is your right to get them to sort it out. You didnt work everyday and spend your money on a car with problems, unless you specified in the contract that you wanted the problems.

Was this car bought new?

The car has just run out of warranty, I bought it from an owner who had it since new. After I bought it, I managed to get a list, as long as two arms, of warranty issues it had.
Becasue I have been beating my head up against a wall for so long with no results, now it is out of warranty.
When is was under warranty, the common response was - oh that's how they are - shifting the blame back to the manufacture - this may be right or wrong, or indifferent - but what is the manufactures responsibility for some oversights in engineering - and how do you get to them if the delears are not prepared to push your barrow that way ?

Generation Motorsport
18-12-2005, 11:29 AM
the speed sensor will see that the car is in motion, and keep the idle bumped up, it could be dissabled, but why would you want it to, coasting in neautral is probably not the go, as for the gearbox, it has a plastic locating bush under the pivot, thats what wears, stop replacing it with the original, there are a couple available that can be used with the original shifter, or you can go for a harrop, or rip shifter. As for the A/C, no idea dude, not my field, but if it needs to be fixed again, that suggests to me it was never fixed properly in the first place.

cheers
GM