PDA

View Full Version : LS2 Edit + Exhaust

12MRC
03-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi Everyone,
I've just placed an order for my very first HSV (Z Clubby) which will arrive mid Dec. I can't wait. I'm doing some research now into the modifications I can make to increase power, torque, etc. I'm only really interested in changing the exhaust and maybe an LS2 edit. I've searched the forum first which answered some of my questions, but I still have a few outstanding which I hope you can help me with.

1) I was looking at buying 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 ceramic coated 4 into 1 headers, but I read somehwere that the 'Z' Clubby already has the 1 3/4 standard?

2) I was going to leave the cats alone. I believe the standard cats are already opened to 2 1/2"?

3) I was going to replace the exhaust from cats back with stainless dual 2 1/2" because the standard exhaust is only 2 1/4"?

4) Has anyone engineered an edit for the LS2? If yes, is there a location anywhere in Brisbane?

Thanx heaps.

GTS215
06-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Have a look at http://www.powertorqueengines.com there probably queensland's best and have the runs on the board.

hsvcarstereo
09-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Just bought my VZ Clubby about three months ago and had the cat back exhaust done by Genie Exhaust in Perth. I had it done by the dealer who didnt get the dyno done before :o( But I did have it done after and got 328hp at the wheels with everything stock but the exhaust. Very happy :o) The dealer told me that it void the warranty if I had fitted the extractors (still following up with HSV on this) The only other thing I did was add the Street Rip Shifter and added Redline oil. Transforms the car to a w**** new level. Rip Shifter from www.jhp.com.au