PDA

View Full Version : VXR

mikegts
03-11-2005, 05:36 AM
Hey ladies n gentz,
Just curios as to what ppl think of the 'HSV VXR', I freaked out when I first saw it, interior looks mad, but a hatch with a 4cl turbo, dunno If that screams HSV, just after opinions If you haven't seen It yet, have a look here - http://www.hsv.com.au/index_new.asp?link=vxr/.

MattyMayhem
10-11-2005, 01:29 AM
I cant seem to understand why HSV would release a 4cyl vehicle if their known for their donks. Would anyone buy it? Now if the VXR had a huge donk it in now that would be awesome :?

HSV-VXR
15-03-2006, 07:27 PM
I love it and will be buying it. I have a Astra SRi Turbo atm and the VXR is high on my list for list a replacement.

murph_fan51
16-03-2006, 05:11 PM
When is it going on sale? I havent seen any on the streets yet. It would be cool if it had at least a 6cyl, putting out over 240kW. I can guarentee that HSV will sell it at an expensive price!

This is probably the most 'different' model HSV has produced in recent years. There was the HSV Astra in the early 1990's and also the Jackaroo 4WD.

HSV-VXR
17-03-2006, 06:07 PM
When is it going on sale? I havent seen any on the streets yet. It would be cool if it had at least a 6cyl, putting out over 240kW. I can guarentee that HSV will sell it at an expensive price!

This is probably the most 'different' model HSV has produced in recent years. There was the HSV Astra in the early 1990's and also the Jackaroo 4WD.

HSV VXR will be in Australia in 3rd QTR 2006.
Priced around 43k +orc.

Clip Below is of the Opel OPC Astra around the Nurburgring which was completed in 8:35.92
Fastest lap of Nurburgring was set by a Porsche Carrera GT (7:32.44) . The VXR is one 1:03.48 seconds slower around Nurburgring. Not bad for a 4 Cylinder Turbo front wheel drive.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6415481612270651855&q=opel+astra

HSV could also bring the Vectra VXR into Australia. 2.8 Turbo that produces 185kw. Not bad considering that a VS with a Holden 5 LTR pumped out 185kw

murph_fan51
18-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Does you know how it compares to say, a Subaru Impreza WRX or a Mitsi Evo 9?

And do you have any photos of the VXR Vectra? Sounds interesting!

HSV-VXR
24-03-2006, 05:49 PM
www.vauxhall.co.uk for the Vectra VXR Pics. Its quicker then its rival the R32 Golf . No numbers against the WRX or Evo yet. But it is down about 25kw on the Evo Or STi .

The VXR will be up against the WRX thats for sure . I would rather the VXR over a WRX anyday. Much more refined and has a better power to ratio then the WRX.

Update: Vectra VXR Links.

www.vxr.co.uk
http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/vxfilter/vxfilter.do?method=getBodyStylesList&brandName=New%20Vectra&brandId=631&trimName=VXR&trimLevelId=683&source=S&scope=S&dualFuelIndicator=N&carVanIndicator=C&vehicleType=C

LOWHSV
25-03-2006, 07:17 AM
to be honest i just recently sold my wrx.. i have driven alot of cars and i still have drove a car that compares to it. but in saying that i would never own another one again due to the problems i had with it.
you cant really compare a front wheel drive to a AWD, it really should have been a rwd vxr and they would sell 110% more again.
i think the reason of bringing it out is to get more business from the female side as it really is a females car. but it would look good in the shed parked beside the vz clubby

SV300
25-03-2006, 09:13 AM
I've got a HSV Astra which I have since for about 13 years, and I bought it to have as a small car to sit along side the Walky and clubby.

Second owner and in excellent condition.

Thats the market I guess they are going for. Alot of the 100 cars are already spoken for from what I hear.

James

HSV-VXR
11-04-2006, 08:24 PM
HSV will not confirm numbers at this stage on Pricing or on how many units of the VXR will be imported. I have asked many times in e-mails and the reply is always the same. Thank you for your interest. Keep watching the HSV web site for more information.

SV300
11-04-2006, 11:19 PM
HSV will not confirm numbers at this stage on Pricing or on how many units of the VXR will be imported. I have asked many times in e-mails and the reply is always the same. Thank you for your interest. Keep watching the HSV web site for more information.

I can tell you 100 cars will be imported 2006. Most are already taken.

JAmes

HSV-VXR
11-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Heartland at Parramatta are doing a Deal for Opelaus Members on the VXR. No price confirmed from HSV at this stage so until then i will not confirm an order with any dealer. I also have a few other options up my sleeve if the Heartland deal falls through.

Im hoping its a the import of the VXR is Continued in 2007.

SV300
12-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Price should be 43,999 plus on roads etc..

That was I was told personally by HSV.

It should continue depending on demand I guess into 2007. They have an alotment of 100 cars in 2006.

Hope that helps. The brakes will not be as diplayed though. They had 343 with six piston which wont make production.

Trim finish will also be unique. DOnt think there will be any optins as it comes as the top of the range base unit from Vauxhall.

Hope that helps.

James

HSV-VXR
12-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Im Hearing from a insiders at Vauxhall in the UK they will have the AP Brake upgrade as standard in Australia. They Are currently in development in the UK for the VXR as an Aftermarket Option to be sold through The VXR Preformance Centre ran by the Works BTCC Team (888 Motorsport).http://www.vxrperformance.co.uk/braking.html Also hearing that the Milltek Exhaust System may be offered through HSV as an Option for the VXR. Im hoping so. Makes the car sound alot nicer then the Tuned Exhaust system thats fitted Standards. The Stock system makes a nice note though .

HSV-VXR
18-04-2006, 08:33 PM
whats the general feel with HSV owners about the VXR being added to the HSv range anyway?

ssv8pilot
29-06-2006, 07:24 AM
whats the general feel with HSV owners about the VXR being added to the HSv range anyway?

Maybe I can add a perspective on this. I'm not a current HSV owner. Contemplating purchasing an VE SS when they come out.

However - starting to think about the long term sense in running a V8 - with escalating fuel prices and poor long term resale values on the big cars.

For that reason alone - the prospect of a smaller HSV is at least worth a look. Ordinarily I would not have an ounce of interest in the Astra range.

So my contribution is this - HSV may need to have a small car in the range as the sales of big V8's decline. Holden unfortunatlely don't have a mid size sports model of note - so the HSV Astra may be able to fill that gap.

murph_fan51
29-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah you are right ssv8pilot. Large cars sales, and V8 sales have reduced in the last couple of years, and people are looking at smaller, more economical cars. It will be interesting to see how well this VXR sells..

HSV-VXR
10-07-2006, 08:00 PM
I heard a romour and its only a romour. If the VXR sells well they could look at the VXR Vectra. Now this sounds wrong to me as Holden Dropped the Vectra off its Model List and is selling the stock thats left in the country. they were to expensive to compete . In there sector of the market they were priced ok. But when you look at it 4k more and you have a SS makes more sences really. Bigger car and More power.

As for the HSV VXR im hearing conflicting details of a launch date. Im guessing that it will be launched round the same time as the Up Comming HSV VE Range.

I have been Lucky enough to go gain a ride in a VXR Astra while i was in the UK two weeks ago. They are one Quick Hatch and they fit right in the HSV ideals of there products.

Those who buy one will not dissapointed

Shaun

ssv8pilot
12-07-2006, 10:47 AM
As for the HSV VXR im hearing conflicting details of a launch date. Im guessing that it will be launched round the same time as the Up Comming HSV VE Range.

Shaun

My understanding is that 150 are headed for these shores around August - around 3 per HSV dealership. No more orders being placed until Jan/Feb 2007.

I have a deposit on one and will decide on either the VXR or the VE SS once both are available for driving.

MattyMayhem
17-07-2006, 09:51 PM
43,999 plus onroad you say?

Don't mind me, but dosn't that seem a little two much for a suped up astra ?

ssv8pilot
23-07-2006, 08:43 AM
43,999 plus onroad you say?

Don't mind me, but dosn't that seem a little two much for a suped up astra ?

Some could say the same about a suped up commodore.

I guess it depends on the Astra's final specs.

HSV would always price their cars at the premium end. Time will tell

HSV-VXR
17-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Romour has it that our stocks are build and waiting shipping. I know of a Sydney Dealership that has Nine coming in. Between 3 outlets.

V-Mad
21-08-2006, 08:46 PM
How many kW is it?

murph_fan51
21-08-2006, 09:00 PM
V-Mad,

176kW
320Nm

0-100: 6.2sec
Top speed: 240kph

BeteNoir
27-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Romour has it that our stocks are build and waiting shipping. I know of a Sydney Dealership that has Nine coming in. Between 3 outlets.
Most of them have been sold already!

Like the HSV E-Series, the VXR will purposely be kept in short supply to increase exclusivity.

HSV-VXR
29-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Ive been lucky enough to have been in a VXR already . (In the UK while i was over there spent some time with some owners of some Vauxhall VXR Astra's)

They are priced well. I will be placing my order for some time next year.

HSV-VXR
27-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Believe they are in the country and on there way to dealerships this week and next week.

SV300
30-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Seen one in the flesh today. It was the blue.

Looked good, but still has the Opel "Z" logo's inside and the HSV badge front and back and wheels.

Didn't get to play with it or sit inside as it was SOLD.

The seats were all leather though from what I saw.

J

HSV-VXR
04-10-2006, 01:28 AM
OPC (Opel Preformance Centre) Cluster and Opel Flash Steering wheel arent ment to be in there. Ive seen one and sat in one (for the second time in a matter of 3 months) Seats are confy as. Love them But im a little dissapointed that HSV have released them with the Opel Flash and OPC Dash.
Takes away from the car being a VXR. Even though the Vauxhall VXR and Opel OPC Astras may look the same they are different. Many small details between them make them different.
One dealership made mention that they will be change to VXR and HSV Spec inside before delivery is made.

danielt
05-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Test drove a VXR yesterday. There's one available for test drive at Armstrong Holden in Wooloongabba for those in Brisbane. Not convinced the VXR should be labelled a HSV. Reasonably quick off the line. Lots of turbo lag once when you're cruising along (say 60km) and you want to overtake. Wasn't able to take it through many turns to see how it handles though. Interior is fairly plain looking compared to when you think HSV (or even VZ or VE commodore for that matter!). Speedo is different to the pictures depicted on the HSV website. (HSV website speedo looks much better than in real life). I haven't however driven many turbo 4 hot hatches so I am not sure how this rates overall with the others in its class.

murph_fan51
05-10-2006, 08:35 PM
So are you VRX enough? hehe

HSV-VXR
10-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Test drove a VXR yesterday. There's one available for test drive at Armstrong Holden in Wooloongabba for those in Brisbane. Not convinced the VXR should be labelled a HSV. Reasonably quick off the line. Lots of turbo lag once when you're cruising along (say 60km) and you want to overtake. Wasn't able to take it through many turns to see how it handles though. Interior is fairly plain looking compared to when you think HSV (or even VZ or VE commodore for that matter!). Speedo is different to the pictures depicted on the HSV website. (HSV website speedo looks much better than in real life). I haven't however driven many turbo 4 hot hatches so I am not sure how this rates overall with the others in its class.

The Cluster and Opel Flash on the Steering wheel is a big talking point . The One in the Pictures is a True VXR Spec. The ones being delivered are OPC Spec.

I have asked why this when i looked at one in a dealership. They claim its to do with ADR Rulling and cost. I personally think HSV have Cheapen the car buy doing this. Im hoping its only this batch that have come like this. Im holding off till the second batch arrives now till i think about placing the order.

As for Handling they handle well. I was lucky enough to go in 2 VXR's In London in June this year. They are rather responsive . Lag isnt that bad in them.

SirHSV
11-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Ok but then why post images with the wrong cluster marketing trick or???

It is a shame!!!

What is the asking price?

HSV-VXR
16-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Waiting on an Answer from some Very reliable contacts overseas at this point in time. When i get a reply i will let you know whats happening with the clusters and wheels. Its a Factory issue . Not HSV Fault