PDA

View Full Version : Tune up for VP In Melbourne

mikegts
29-08-2005, 10:37 PM
ey how r we all,
got a mate with a VP Calais 3.8 (yes were all shattered it's not a 5lt), he's looking for a good place In Melbourne to tune it for him and make it a louder.
He has a straight pipe (attempting to make it fair bit louder) not the best in my opinion, but Isn't sufficient for his liking.
Any ideas on where In Melbourne he could take his car to get all this done, or just places he could ring to get some quotes, plus any Input on what he could do,
Regards Mike

GTS215
30-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Its hard to say, but i would suggest that its not worth the $$ to spend on an actual 'tune' unless considerable work has been done, even then you would really need an aftermarktet computer and not a tune on the original ecu. You could always start with headers, exhaust, CAI then head down the head/cam path although its probably better then to put an 8 in. Even aftermarket chips which claim an extra 15kw have proven to be worthless for the money your paying for them.

mikegts
30-08-2005, 06:18 PM
ah k then,
very good point you make, agreed bout not getting an aftermarket computer they are quite the wallet cleaner, what would you suggest In the way of exhaust changes, ie. cat back or full system, size etc. what brand of headers would you recomend coz quality and durability Is what we're after, thanxz for the advise mate, much appreciated,
regards Mike

GTS215
07-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Best Extractors would be pacemakers headers (www.pacemaker.com.au) with a 2.5" single exhaust any bigger and you will lose bottom end power.

mikegts
07-09-2005, 09:20 AM
k well thanxz alot for that I'll p*** on the info, appreciate the advice, regards

mikegts
07-09-2005, 09:56 AM
GTS215 do you have an idea on what this will cost i went to pacemakers site and read up on all of it but couldn't find a price or stockist in melbourne, soz for all the h***les just tryna get all the info needed to get work done on the car, thanks heaps again mate, regards mike

GTS215
08-09-2005, 08:31 AM
How much do you really want to spend?

ATM there is a guy selling the following which will give you an idea on what the cost it, plus fitting of course.

"Set of pacemakers, twin-cats, y-piece to 2.5" system, redbackmuffler to 3" chrome dump tip, finished in exhaust temp black (cept tip) to fit ECOTEC manual. Done 500kms max - i had the exhaust fitted then detonated a piston about 2 days later. comes with receipt for $1100...
In Sunbury, Vic can post pics, can deliver most places in Vic.
$950ono"

mikegts
11-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Nah that's great, thanxz for all the help mate appreciated