PDA

View Full Version : My boot install progress!

-HSV-
29-08-2005, 02:52 PM
hey guys!

just finished off the main part of my boot instal - wiring it!

its 100% completed, for the time being, except for my carpeted boot trimming which will section off the sub box from the rest of the boot - allowing only the perspex to be the visible part of the box. the trimming is being made up as well speak, all for free, including the timber!

ok, basically i just wired the whole lot up with the remote lead going to the ciggy lighter power, power to the battery, ground to the panel behind the carpet on the LHS, RCA's only about 1m as you will find out later and about some 8G cable for the subs as it was already connected like that (:eek

now, i had to use a hi-lo level converter because im still running the stock HU. rather than my running my RCA's to the HU and fiddling around behind there with the converter i decided to look into it further and see if i could run the signals from the L/R speaker lines which go to my stock 8" subs in the parcel shelf. i found a wiring diagram and set to work. my converter sits in the boot near the eurovox amp behind the carpet on the LHS. i havnt noticed any noise or anything yet which is really good. i gave all the wires a pretty hefty coating with electrical tape in some aim to prevent noise.

all there is at the moment are 2 X alpine type-R subs (300rms), 1 alpine monoblock amp (500rms), a ported box with neons and perspex, an alpine bass engine amp controller and a 4G wiring kit.

thats all all there is to it so far, the pics can do the talking

(lemme know what you think/ideas)

btw, i want my amp mounted where it is only over a little so that its covering the handle for the spare tyre section.

**pics coming soon**

-HSV-
29-08-2005, 03:03 PM
heres the pics, enjoy :D :D

RagE
29-08-2005, 06:39 PM
how long did it take ya to wire up ya amp an subs an speakers etc? i gotta get around to wirin mine up but i just cbf.. i kno itll take to long an will end up pissin me off... impatient i am :x

-HSV-
30-08-2005, 09:42 AM
how long did it take ya to wire up ya amp an subs an speakers etc? i gotta get around to wirin mine up but i just cbf.. i kno itll take to long an will end up pissin me off... impatient i am :xall up it took about 6hours by the time i pulled the trimming and stuff out. i enjoy that sort of stuff though :D

speakers are just standard!

RagE
02-09-2005, 06:52 PM
6 hours :?: :idea: pass... ill just get my brother to do it.. hes an auto electrian. haha im so lazy :D

-HSV-
03-09-2005, 02:35 PM
**update**

heres some new pics of my trimming!

i went to put it in and one of the holes was in the wrong spot so i had to move it. just gota carpet the board and fit my fire extinguisher to the LHS and it'll be pretty much done!

RagE
03-09-2005, 03:24 PM
have u got that red cable earthin at the same bracket the batt earths at? wat length of cable did ya need to do ya whole car? iv got 6m of 8 gauge cable, 6m of 18 gauge trigger cable, 5m of rca cable an a bit of black 8 gauge cable... wuld i need much more? :?

SirHSV
03-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Looking good mate!! :D

-HSV-
03-09-2005, 09:44 PM
have u got that red cable earthin at the same bracket the batt earths at? wat length of cable did ya need to do ya whole car? iv got 6m of 8 gauge cable, 6m of 18 gauge trigger cable, 5m of rca cable an a bit of black 8 gauge cable... wuld i need much more? :?

i forget the exact measurements but i used:

-6m (may have been 6.2m) of 4G cable for + power.
-1m of 4G cable for earth (mounted it onto a plate in the boot on the LHS that connects to the parcel shelf)
-6m of RCA's but in my case i really only needed about 1m for them.
-6m of hook up wire for the trigger cable was plenty. you shouldnt need 18G cable, just some hook up wire... i only used about 5m of it.
-about 3-4m of 8G cable for the subs

that was about all i think...

it depends also where you're going to mount your amp, because mines at the back left of the boot i needed a fair bit because technically its going from one side of the car so the other! if you have any questions about anything else feel free to ask :)

RagE
11-09-2005, 07:24 PM
finally got around to connectin the subs an amp :) took like 5-6hrs... got all the cable runnin along the drivers side at the bottom of doors. i think the amp is drawin to much power from the battery.. seems like its gotta work hard to start the motor. 12000watt amp and 2x500watt subs. havent connected the speakers yet but that will be next weekend. is there an easier way then pulling the doors apart to wire up the speakers in the door?? does anyone kno wat color the wire wuld be for the stereo memory in a vs senator? coz i took the old head unit out an put a pioneer one in an havent got the memory hooked up yet..

RagE
12-09-2005, 09:24 AM
another q... how well will the standard speakers in my car be if i just hook the amp up to them? coz i think they are only like 30watt or sumthin... just wonderin so if i dont have to buy new speakers i wont :) . stupid thing wit the way we wired up mine was that we cut the wires from the old HU witout writin down which color went where.. :lol: :roll: all is good except i have to change all the settings in the HU everytime i use it :?

-HSV-
12-09-2005, 11:20 AM
umm not really sure sorry mate!

better off posting a new topic in the audio section and asking :)

i forgot to answer your question before about the battery, its sort of a bolt that goes through, and its got like 3 or so wires coming off it, i just stuck it on there lol...

the battery will suffer a bit, i gota charge mine up if i dont drive my car once a week! :(

RagE
12-09-2005, 04:20 PM
all is good now :D expect for a cant be bothered gettin the antenna to work lol. will post pictures later on wen i start makin my boot an everythin look the way i want it to :) thanx btw -hsv- :)

-HSV-
13-09-2005, 09:43 AM
all is good now :D expect for a cant be bothered gettin the antenna to work lol. will post pictures later on wen i start makin my boot an everythin look the way i want it to :) thanx btw -hsv- :)no worries, keep us updated with progress pics :D

DRIFT1
12-03-2006, 12:27 PM
LOOKIN V. NICE!!!!
keep us posted :D

GTS215
14-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Hows the engine work coming along HSV :)

weiry
23-08-2006, 05:34 PM
eyy guys i ave a VT and am lookin 4 c2r kitrs 4 it i cant find em anywhere n the websites stuffin up!! i want 2 price them but i cant if any1 can help me find out how much n where about in melbourne i can get em plz say i NEED help thanks guys! PLZ HELP

V-Mad
25-08-2006, 02:34 PM
there's a tonne of red X everywhere!

Big_power
02-10-2006, 08:38 PM
This boot system sounds great, just be careful that you dont make it too heavy. These cars weigh enogh just as they are.