PDA

View Full Version : Forum issues

NU13
23-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Not sure if anyone running the site is aware or not but there are several features not working correctly.

The first is the manage attackment function within a post. I f you click on this feature it brings up a black window with no options available.
The second is the option through "my profile" to find all your posts. When you click on find my posts it brings up multiple error messages similar to this one below.

warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../vb/legacy/post.php on line 280

Cheers

rodders188
23-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Posts also being deleted for no apparent readon also. You read the thread and then realise your post isnt there. Seems the forum is going like just commodores aye down hill

sdtash
23-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Probably just making room to accommodate the "GTSR is Happening "thread

Smitty
23-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Posts also being deleted for no apparent readon also. You read the thread and then realise your post isnt there. ...............

this is an issue I raised when i first joined here
was told it was normal, nothing wrong :)

what happens i have found is...make a post to a thread
post disappears (actually it doesn't, it is there) ...but does NOT appear again
until another member posts to that thread (whether replying to your post or not )

NU13
24-12-2016, 09:18 AM
I was going to mention the thread that disappeared about the guy has had two LSA die on him. Why was that deleted?

Eors
24-12-2016, 09:43 AM
I was going to mention the thread that disappeared about the guy has had two LSA die on him. Why was that deleted?

Your right...it has disappeared. I posted in it and can't find it anymore

white_lie
24-12-2016, 10:45 AM
The OP requested it be deleted as it has caused some issues between himself and the workshop mentioned.

That's probably one of the most common reasons for deleting posts/threads. That is, non contributing members/readers having issues with what is being said/revealed on here....I don't just go around deleting things for "no reason", I've got better things to do with my time.

NU13
24-12-2016, 11:20 AM
The OP requested it be deleted as it has caused some issues between himself and the workshop mentioned.

That's probably one of the most common reasons for deleting posts/threads. That is, non contributing members/readers having issues with what is being said/revealed on here....I don't just go around deleting things for "no reason", I've got better things to do with my time.

All good. Is there any chance the other issues might be addressed?

white_lie
24-12-2016, 11:35 AM
All good. Is there any chance the other issues might be addressed?
I'll bring the thread to Ron's (admin) attention. I can't really do anything about it

SirHSV
16-01-2017, 02:57 PM
I just had a chat with another member about the on going issues i will try to see what i can do to fix a lot of the forum problems.

white_lie
06-02-2017, 02:33 PM
How have you been going with this Ron?

Quoting and editing posts is also a fail with the text boxes not loading up properly. It never finishes the scripting for quotes so it all turns out like a jumbled mess. Editing a post also gets rid of majority of the text from the post and doesn't load up any of the necessary buttons.

Also a lot of duplicate posts coming thru or I'll get an error when it attempts to double post.

Everything works much better on tapatalk than the website itself.

GenF-GTS
06-02-2017, 02:40 PM
I too still have double posts all the time the only way to avoid it is to click "go advanced" and then post my reply in order to not double post.

Smitty
16-05-2017, 08:38 AM
.. the forum is playing silly buggers this morning.
Keep getting this message (more than 10 times and after logging off and then on again)

------------------------------------------
The following errors occurred with your submission

Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.

--------------------------------------------------------
reloaded the window and again and again, same error message, cleared the browser cache, same issue
logged of and then on, still an issue, closed the browser down and still get the same response to a post on that thread
.. very strange!

Smitty
16-05-2017, 08:42 AM
.. and then immediately after that post I got this error message
(and no i did not try and post it again)

like huh?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/smitty1955/Car%20Stuff%20not%20VK/HSVCapture_zpsrvfrmfeb.jpg (http://s6.photobucket.com/user/smitty1955/media/Car%20Stuff%20not%20VK/HSVCapture_zpsrvfrmfeb.jpg.html)

GenF-GTS
16-05-2017, 08:59 AM
.. and then immediately after that post I got this error message
(and no i did not try and post it again)

like huh?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/smitty1955/Car%20Stuff%20not%20VK/HSVCapture_zpsrvfrmfeb.jpg (http://s6.photobucket.com/user/smitty1955/media/Car%20Stuff%20not%20VK/HSVCapture_zpsrvfrmfeb.jpg.html)

I get this exact same one every time I post....it's been like this for maybe a year now

Nath
17-05-2017, 02:19 PM
I get this exact same one every time I post....it's been like this for maybe a year now

I too ma getting the same error after posting / if you edit you comment the thread does not re-load and rather just sits there, but ends up completing the edit for you..

SirHSV
22-07-2017, 02:09 AM
Are you still getting these errors?

GenF-GTS
22-07-2017, 02:33 AM
Yes happens time daily

AJR
22-07-2017, 10:10 AM
One issue I'm having is when I duplicate a post and try to edit one of the post to delete or change by clicking on the 'edit post' button, it just hangs. Won't allow me to edit my own post. I've tried doing this in IE11 and Google Chrome. I've even messaged the moderator to delete the duplicated post but it's still there.

MYVESSV8
21-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Ive still got the attachment issue
and posting pics

FollowTheSapper
22-10-2017, 12:36 AM
I use tapatalk and it seems to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csgts
22-10-2017, 01:01 PM
I too use tapatalk and works fine

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using tapatalk