PDA

View Full Version : faulty fuel gauge

welcome to the CLUB
07-08-2005, 12:10 AM
well..... i own a vt11 r8 and i have some serious issues with my fuel gauge... you see every time the level gets to about 1/3 of a tank it starts to read in accurate, the fuel light will come on and the distance to empty will just start counting down eventually till 0, it also seems to bring on the light on the dash for the seat belt pre tensioner alarm but then it will disappear again(it never does this with a full tank) does anyone else have this problem or any helpfull information because holden dealers seem to have no idea.....

Blownvsute
07-08-2005, 12:31 AM
If it has a trip computer you should be able to reset the low fuel alert...check your user manual that came with the car....
If it hasn't got a trip computer then check your wiring from the fuel sender and the dash wiring,as a last and most expensive fix-it try replacing the fuel sender.

Generation Motorsport
10-08-2005, 10:48 PM
there was a problem with some of the sender units in VT's have seen the problem a few times, when the level gets down, it either stops reading, or stays at 1/4 .....then you run out of fuel. from memory, you need to replace the sender unit. check with your nearest dealer.
cheers
GM