PDA

View Full Version : mods an tweaks...

RagE
31-07-2005, 09:13 PM
iv got a VS senator 215i auto. i was wonderin wat yous wuld recommend i culd do to the engine etc to give it sum more power an torque. wat culd be done to increase low end power? nothin to expensive but not the cheap crap either :D cheers

-HSV-
01-08-2005, 04:39 PM
iv got a VS senator 215i auto. i was wonderin wat yous wuld recommend i culd do to the engine etc to give it sum more power an torque. wat culd be done to increase low end power? nothin to expensive but not the cheap crap either :D cheersg'day and welcome!

the first thing i need to know, is how much you want to spend? basically, the first thing to buy regurdless of what you want to spend is an exhaust and some extractors. depending on the system you get generally you can pick what you want it for, top end, low down etc etc...

if you want to fork out some more cash, get a stroker, a 355, 383 or maybe even something bigger. usually a stroker kit will give the most low down torque possible with the right cam. if you dont feel like spending that much, just go for a cam. :)

Tim
02-08-2005, 01:46 PM
iv got a VS senator 215i auto. i was wonderin wat yous wuld recommend i culd do to the engine etc to give it sum more power an torque. wat culd be done to increase low end power? nothin to expensive but not the cheap crap either :D cheersg'day and welcome!

the first thing i need to know, is how much you want to spend? basically, the first thing to buy regurdless of what you want to spend is an exhaust and some extractors. depending on the system you get generally you can pick what you want it for, top end, low down etc etc...

if you want to fork out some more cash, get a stroker, a 355, 383 or maybe even something bigger. usually a stroker kit will give the most low down torque possible with the right cam. if you dont feel like spending that much, just go for a cam. :)

The 215i is already stroked and has awsome low end torque. Better then the gen3. :wink:

GTS215
04-08-2005, 04:05 PM
iv got a VS senator 215i auto. i was wonderin wat yous wuld recommend i culd do to the engine etc to give it sum more power an torque. wat culd be done to increase low end power? nothin to expensive but not the cheap crap either :D cheers

To ADD to the already low down torque, you can add Pacemaker headers, and a twin 2 1/2: cat back for a start then go from there.

RagE
04-08-2005, 06:48 PM
its already strokered an has extractors. a mate of mine thats got a vr senator says theres some heads u can get put on that increases it to about 300kw.. is that right? ill spend a fair bit on it. $15000ish for now.. more later on. what cam do yous recommend? its a wicked car for me first one :D

GTS215
05-08-2005, 08:11 AM
its already strokered an has extractors. a mate of mine thats got a vr senator says theres some heads u can get put on that increases it to about 300kw.. is that right? ill spend a fair bit on it. $15000ish for now.. more later on. what cam do yous recommend? its a wicked car for me first one :D

I take it you want to spend $1500 not 15k, the biggest restrictions on these motors are the manifold anything from 4500rpm they start being retrictive. Maybe look at a COME, STARR manifold, 90mm throttle body.

Another memeber on here can tell u more details of his current project but his putting in a Crane 284 cam in his VS GTS.

-HSV-
16-08-2005, 10:54 AM

The 215i is already stroked and has awsome low end torque. Better then the gen3. :wink:theres no reason you cant go bigger. hmmm... 383... :)

ozemuscle1
16-08-2005, 10:01 PM
[/quote]theres no reason you cant go bigger. hmmm... 383... :)[/quote]doesnt the 383 stroker need to be sleeved? and doesnt that cost a bit?

-HSV-
17-08-2005, 10:14 AM
theres no reason you cant go bigger. hmmm... 383... :)[/quote]doesnt the 383 stroker need to be sleeved? and doesnt that cost a bit?[/quote]im unsure what needs to be done. if you have the money go for it - its currently on my "to do when money persists" list.

RagE
17-08-2005, 10:21 AM
wuld goin 383 do a lot for how much it sounds like its goin to cost? i kno itll be an easily noticed change but if its gona cost a bit itll probably be on my " to do when money persists" list too... :P . im lookin around on the net now for manifolds, cams and heads. one of my mates wants to put an LS2 motor in his gts :shock: :D hes not sure if its goin to work...

Generation Motorsport
17-08-2005, 06:54 PM
super charge it !

RagE
17-08-2005, 07:05 PM
that too.. but not yet.. i wana keep the little amount of licence i have left :P :lol:

Generation Motorsport
18-08-2005, 08:26 AM
say it with me cuz.....TRACK DRIVE DAYS, take it out and drive it like you stole it. Generation motorsports resident beauty, Molly Sproket, books us both into drive days often for therepy purposes. The therepy is helping, ive cut my street racing down to twice a week, but it hasnt been easy.

HSV GOD
26-09-2005, 04:40 AM
383 stroker with a roots style blower(eg.yella terra,eaton) should give you the extra bottom end that your after :P

sound awesome aswell 8)

RagE
26-09-2005, 04:13 PM
iv been thinkin bout puttin a bigger stroker kit an supercharger in it but iv just bought a brand new honda crf450x an cant spend much money now :( but me bike will keep me amused for long enuf :D

mikegts
26-09-2005, 05:22 PM
where are your priorities !!! car before bike :P haha gl with it all let us know 'when' u mod it ;)

RagE
08-10-2005, 08:44 PM
haha i got to many toys... damn bikes aint lettin me get this dyno tune done. crf450 will be here tomoro.. more luvly debt :D :lol: