PDA

View Full Version : HSV Exhaust on Commodore SS

nomad1957
23-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Would an HSV Exhaust system give me any performance improvements on a VX SS over the stock system.? Also, what other mods would be necessary to take avantage of the increased flow - ie air cleaner, injector programming/chip etc?

-HSV-
23-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Would an HSV Exhaust system give me any performance improvements on a VX SS over the stock system.? Also, what other mods would be necessary to take avantage of the increased flow - ie air cleaner, injector programming/chip etc?yes, it'll make a difference. get an aftermarket one, they
ll flow better, sound better, and give more power!

generally get a CAI as well and you may like to get an 'LS1 Edit' to get the most of the gains from the mods. next on the list will probabaly be a cam and after that, well, theres many options!

ozemuscle1
23-06-2005, 07:40 PM
An aftermarket would be better. although the HSV exhaust is good, it is limited by the factorys limits on power and noise.

GTS215
05-07-2005, 08:08 AM
I would go with a custom Twin 2 1/2incg all the way from the Cats back- from $600 onwards for mild steel, the HSV systems as mentioned are pretty good but they are still very quiet and can be a little restrictve than a straigh through system.