PDA

View Full Version : noise from rear end.

u know u want one
19-05-2005, 04:39 PM
hi all. i own a VX R8 and i have a noise from the rear of my car.when i reverse and cruise in low gears i have a loud banging from where i think is the diff. sometimes it sounds like the LSD is grabing and letting go. if i break traction it always twin wheel spins. so im not shore its the diff .if anyone has had noises from the rear can u let me know please.

ozemuscle1
20-05-2005, 12:00 AM
hmm. you may have a loose driveshaft, or just a loose diff. if you can get under the car, which you probably wont be able to, have a look, and see if the diff housing moves with some pressure. youll have to take it to a dealer regardless.

VTSS350
20-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Mate have you checked your diff oil level.

I had the same symptoms and it turned out to be low on oil. Only seemed to do it in reverse. Just be carfull with the oil you buy. Its a fully synthetic oil and its not cheap.

haro
22-05-2005, 04:54 PM
A FRIEND OF MINE HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH HIS R8. IT TURNED OUT HE PUT IN A DIFFERENT KIND OF DIFF OIL. ONCE HE PUT ORIGINAL HOLDEN OIL NOISE WENT AWAY. HOPE THIS HELPS.

24-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Hi I had a 1998 GTS with the same problem and they tried the different oil but in the end they replaced the diff, I now have a 2000 GTS and have not had the same problem

u know u want one
28-05-2005, 10:14 AM
hi all thanks for the advice.I did an oil change and added anti chatter it is listed with holden. the oil i used was fully synthetic. And it DID stop the noise many thanks to 26330 HARO and VTSS350.and OZEMUSCLE1
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: