PDA

View Full Version : Independent before/after interchiller dyno test

GenF-GTS
23-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Independent before/after interchiller dyno test carried out under controlled conditions.
In the coming month we will be doing another independent before/after dyno test with various media outlets.

I hope you enjoy the video, watch in HD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKMzOxJcL0U

LSExpress
23-12-2015, 05:19 PM
Are we going to see a stockist over here west?

GenF-GTS
23-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Are we going to see a stockist over here west?

Bye Performance, and Active are fitting chillers next year once they have fitted and understand the system they will be listed.

Strick
29-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Cant see anything on the Tekno websites, did they not release the info themselves?

GenF-GTS
29-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Cant see anything on the Tekno websites, did they not release the info themselves?

We filmed it with their tuner who did the dyno runs and backs the claims shown in the video 100%, then the manager of the company has expressed his feelings in regards to the video quality not being up to their standards, so we have since had to edit the tuner talking on camera and the car out of the video all together.

This is also the reason why we are going back to do this again with a media outlet like Full Boost to do the filming and ensure there is no funny business.

I will say this, the dyno room was incredible it simulated road conditions perfectly and we have not seen a gain this high before on other dynos, the most we have previously seen was 47rwhp in saying that when on other dynos the cars have suffered badly after doing several back to back runs from not getting anywhere near enough air flow, that factor was removed with this dyno room it had perfect air flow, IAT1 was completely normal as were oil and engine coolant temps, the room would have cost $250,000.

When the car made 77rwhp I said it was too high and made them do the chiller run again, it again gained the same power so I made them do the baseline again too, the gain is true and the dyno room simulated real world conditions.

Strick
29-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Great, thanks for expanding on that.

LSTNR
30-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Without wanting to stir the pot as I have seen the results for myself , can you explain why there is a substantial difference in AF/R from run 1 to run 2 ?
Also you need to also show boost pressure....

GenF-GTS
30-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Without wanting to stir the pot as I have seen the results for myself , can you explain why there is a substantial difference in AF/R from run 1 to run 2 ?
Also you need to also show boost pressure....

I wouldn't say the AFR's are substantial i can see it averaging 12.1 to 12.2 in the first video and 12.0 to 12.2 in the 2nd.
You have to remember you are simply changing the air from summer to winter the ECU takes car of the rest, if you could change the temperature in the dyno room from summer to winter you will see the exact same result and the AFR's will do the same thing. The difference here is 37c ambient temp and with the chiller it is equal to 0c ambient temp. Whatever the AFR's are doing they will do the same if you drove in 0c ambient and adjust accordingly to the temps.

From another post I made on here about boost pressure:

I have logged boost which initially was a bit of a head scratch until thinking about it more....posting this now is likely to open up a can of worms as many here are unlikely to get their heads around what I am about to say so I will try and go into detail with my explanation.

Russos car made 606rwhp without the chiller turned on, then with the chiller turned on it made 645rwhp, however it was first said in these words, "it made more power but it lost boost pressure....it lost about 1psi of boost"

Now many people think boost is a holy grail that 20psi is better than 18psi and 10psi just isn't enough.....however boost pressure is a measurement of restriction.

In simple terms lets say your blower pushes in 2L per second of air, then you put headers on the car which relieves the exhaust back pressure as they flow better and by doing so your boost drops from 15psi down to 12psi, you have gained efficiency the blower is still pumping in 2L per second but now it is doing it with less stress and restriction.

Now how the chiller works by reducing boost pressure, when you make loads of hot air that air expands and creates more pressure, this pressure is directly after the blower rotors in the hat of the blower, it's so hot it needs more room since it cannot get more room it pressurizes more thus increasing the boost pressure, when you chill or cool this air charge it will not be as expanded and thus it will have less pressure within itself, thus it is cleaner and more free flowing....efficiency is improved.

And it goes to show you lowered the boost pressure and made more HP, the blower still pushed in 2L per second and it did it with more efficiency.

voodoo_sv6
31-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Good explanation of the boost variations