PDA

View Full Version : Bowden car products

pedro25
22-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Was wondering if anyone used Bowden car cleaning products ?, many have said they are excellent and I am thinking I would perhaps prefer all my products being from the one supplier.

327ehute
22-09-2015, 08:44 AM
I use the 'Naked Glass' glass cleaner, hands down the best glass cleaner I have ever used and I think I have tried them all. Never any streaks, fogging or residue of any kind. Plus for a while they were refilling you bottle at Hot Rod and car shows shows.

voodoo_sv6
22-09-2015, 09:25 AM
I've only used their clay bar as I saw them on special. While I find the clay bar disappears a little faster than previous ones I've used, it was about 1/2 the price of the premium ones I'd been buying. I now use the premium clay bar on my non HSVs and the Bowdens strictly on the HSV.

If this is an indication of their product range, I would suggest they are a very good product.

Me personally, I slut around with different brands for different jobs on the car till i find something I like and then stick with it until someone offers me a good reason to consider a different product.

I use about 5 different brands of products on my car.

FLI355
22-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Its ok but plenty of better stuff out there.

I use a suite of about 10 different brands but I have a detailing side business of doing high end paint correction.

Actually just checked. 21 different brands lol

ShaneO-GTS
22-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Hi Pedro,

I've tried everything over the years but now I only use Bowden's products on all my cars. There is other good products out there but not in an entire range of exceptional car cleaning products.
I have nearly every product they manufacture and the standout for me is the "wheely clean" mag wheel cleaner is without doubt the best I've ever used.

I have a Range Rover a GTS and the wife's Mercedes Benz and as you know are seriously big on brake dust. You just spray it on and it turns purple as it reacts with the metal particles in the brake dust and I use a pressure cleaner to remove and you get the entire internal/external of the rim and calipers back to sparkling brand new.

You can order all the products online from Bowden's direct and they deliver to your door. Read all the testimonials on there website under the individual products.

One tip : order the wheely clean in at least the 2 litre container as you will love it. I get the 5Lt pack as I have 2 kids with alloy wheels on their cars as well.

Give it a go and see what you think. Cheers

FLI355
22-09-2015, 10:30 AM
Have you tried Gyeon products? Einszett?

JWM
22-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Have you tried Gyeon products? Einszett?

I've got Gyeon on two cars and very happy with it. Lasted about 12 months on my wife's car which is driven all the time, still like new on mine which spends most of the time in the garage (as you'd hope I suppose!)

pedro25
22-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Hi Pedro,

I've tried everything over the years but now I only use Bowden's products on all my cars. There is other good products out there but not in an entire range of exceptional car cleaning products.
I have nearly every product they manufacture and the standout for me is the "wheely clean" mag wheel cleaner is without doubt the best I've ever used.

I have a Range Rover a GTS and the wife's Mercedes Benz and as you know are seriously big on brake dust. You just spray it on and it turns purple as it reacts with the metal particles in the brake dust and I use a pressure cleaner to remove and you get the entire internal/external of the rim and calipers back to sparkling brand new.

You can order all the products online from Bowden's direct and they deliver to your door. Read all the testimonials on there website under the individual products.

One tip : order the wheely clean in at least the 2 litre container as you will love it. I get the 5Lt pack as I have 2 kids with alloy wheels on their cars as well.

Give it a go and see what you think. Cheers

Cheers, have you tried the auto body wax and the fully slick spray ?

walkysa
22-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Just like Shane0-GTS I've tried most products, the Naked Glass is the best glass cleaner I have come across, I've replaced my usual Do Do juice detailer with Bowdens spray detailer and only last weekend tried their Auto body wax on my sting red GTO and it looks and feels brilliant. Lots of stuff out there but Bowdens is reasonably priced and easy to get hold of.

Cheers

WalkySA

pedro25
23-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Just like Shane0-GTS I've tried most products, the Naked Glass is the best glass cleaner I have come across, I've replaced my usual Do Do juice detailer with Bowdens spray detailer and only last weekend tried their Auto body wax on my sting red GTO and it looks and feels brilliant. Lots of stuff out there but Bowdens is reasonably priced and easy to get hold of.

Cheers

WalkySA

Ok, cheers for the reply.

hsv-cigars
23-09-2015, 10:00 AM
I think you gotta be real careful of what kind of rim cleaner you use as it can stuff up the brake caliper paint .

pedro25
23-09-2015, 10:22 AM
I think you gotta be real careful of what kind of rim cleaner you use as it can stuff up the brake caliper paint .

About 6 months ago a guy suggested I try a particular wheel cleaner, it works exactly the same way as that in the Bowdens range, eg turns purple when reacts with brake dust etc. I am reasonably sure it was not Bowdens though, the stuff smelt that bad I could never use it again so I need to try and confirm its not the same product.

JWM
23-09-2015, 12:59 PM
About 6 months ago a guy suggested I try a particular wheel cleaner, it works exactly the same way as that in the Bowdens range, eg turns purple when reacts with brake dust etc. I am reasonably sure it was not Bowdens though, the stuff smelt that bad I could never use it again so I need to try and confirm its not the same product.

Ha, purple and a bad smell sounds a lot like what I use, which is this stuff - https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/einszett_1z/colourtec_wheel_cleaner

pedro25
23-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Ha, purple and a bad smell sounds a lot like what I use, which is this stuff - https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/einszett_1z/colourtec_wheel_cleaner

Yep that is it, would love to know if the Bowdens product smells like that, bloody terrible smell.

lmoengnr
23-09-2015, 02:12 PM

Best stuff I've used for wheels, and its safe to decontaminate your paint work as well.

Doesn't affect your caliper paint.

voodoo_sv6
23-09-2015, 02:30 PM
I use pH neutral car wash on my wheels. Doing them regularly means that there is no need for anything stronger.

Takes about 5 minutes per wheel to do them properly every weekend, including my hand in behind the front face to clean to the rear of the rim as well as the caliper. Every 500km, I rotate the tyres so the caliper and the wheels get an even better clean.

The SV wheels allow access ... just

FLI355
23-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Nope incorrect. My wheels have brake dust embedded in them after a lot less than 500km. Guatentee they aren't as clean as you think they are.

white_lie
23-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Clean them as per normal, then put a de-ironising cleaner (like the guys are saying) on them and see how that goes

voodoo_sv6
23-09-2015, 08:31 PM
Nope incorrect. My wheels have brake dust embedded in them after a lot less than 500km. Guatentee they aren't as clean as you think they are.I have an E3 clubby with 4 pots and original pads on gloss black SV wheels. They clean up perfectly as described above. After a return trip from Sydney to The Gold Coast a week ago and running up 3000kms between proper hand wash of the wheels I had to use something a little stronger but they are as clean as I think.

I'm the guy who spent over 3 days correcting my paint on my metallic black 200,000km old Car which afterwards won an award for its paintwork a few years ago.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/libertygt/Liberty1.jpg

FLI355
23-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Nice job. Can still see peel in it though. You're quite clearly the man, my apologies sir.

My job isn't quite as good.......

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/FLI355/E330E61C-CE3E-4FEB-8F1F-A20DF2E89D65_zpsglc2n1p6.jpg (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/FLI355/media/E330E61C-CE3E-4FEB-8F1F-A20DF2E89D65_zpsglc2n1p6.jpg.html)

voodoo_sv6
23-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Oh that's a sweet finish and no peel. Thumbs up

hsv-cigars
23-09-2015, 10:19 PM

i think that stuff is called dragons blood . what ever you do , do not use autoglym rim cleaner of any type . They have a type thats good to use on painted wheels like ours So they say , i bought it and tried it complete bullshit cost me $20 and yeah it cleaned the rotor hat pretty darn good but almost attacked the red on my calipers and luckily i didnt leave it on for too long when i sprayed it as i washed it off pretty quick . it left tiny water stains on the calipers and my heart just sank like what the fark omg . when i got home i let it cool down and used some meguiars ultimate polish on the calipers which cleaned off the marks and made the red on the calipers sparkle actually made them look a deeper sharper shinier red which turned out amazing . Im never again using anything on my rims except soap and water . normally i would just get a damp wet rag and clean my rims by hand then a dry microfibre to buff off .

pedro25
24-09-2015, 12:16 PM
Looks like it may be a busy weekend lol

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/porky151/IMG_3053%202_zpsjauihavh.jpg (http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/porky151/media/IMG_3053%202_zpsjauihavh.jpg.html)

hsv-cigars
24-09-2015, 02:24 PM
How good is that tire shine ? Does it fling onto the paint ? Me and you have the same car color and all . So you know how frustrating it is when you get tire fling splatter on the paint hahah

pedro25
24-09-2015, 05:41 PM
How good is that tire shine ? Does it fling onto the paint ? Me and you have the same car color and all . So you know how frustrating it is when you get tire fling splatter on the paint hahah

I washed the car with their auto body gel today ready for wax etc tomorrow and it is the best stuff I have ever used to Wash a car, hopefully an indication of other products. Will try tyre shine tomorrow and let you know how it works etc

RCBVFGTS
24-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Yep that is it, would love to know if the Bowdens product smells like that, bloody terrible smell.

Christ, I tried the Bowden's purple stuff on my genuine VX SS rims and I nearly collapsed due to gassing! I'd run out of Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner and tried the Bowden's one. Never ever again! My God, please never use it in a confined space, seriously I'm no chemist but I truly swear that stuff will knock you out if you do. That product needs to be seriously reviewed by Bowden's before there is someone hurt.

Try the Opticoat range of products guys, and the Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner

pedro25
24-09-2015, 10:56 PM
Christ, I tried the Bowden's purple stuff on my genuine VX SS rims and I nearly collapsed due to gassing! I'd run out of Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner and tried the Bowden's one. Never ever again! My God, please never use it in a confined space, seriously I'm no chemist but I truly swear that stuff will knock you out if you do. That product needs to be seriously reviewed by Bowden's before there is someone hurt.

Try the Opticoat range of products guys, and the Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner

Yes it is quite strong as used it today, do not think it quite as bad as the other product I used 6 months ago that has the same chemical reaction etc

rodders188
25-09-2015, 01:43 PM

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/porky151/IMG_3053%202_zpsjauihavh.jpg (http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/porky151/media/IMG_3053%202_zpsjauihavh.jpg.html)

never been keen on chamois to dry car, much prefer the swisvax blade and there drying cloth, washable. Leaves a great finnish

FLI355
25-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Wow. Those blades are a recipe for absolute disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_cq2PtYRD8#t=218

white_lie
25-09-2015, 01:59 PM
You use a squeegee on your paint?! I wouldn't even use one on my glass!

FLI355
25-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Should state I would never use a leather chamois anymore either. MF drying towel only. Dodo Juice ones are epic.

white_lie
25-09-2015, 04:28 PM
I like the waffle weave

FLI355
25-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Its not bad at all. Not quite as soft and plush though as the MF ones.

pedro25
25-09-2015, 04:53 PM
I have always preferred a microfibre chamoi, meaning a really good quality one as well. Tried a drying towel or something years ago and hated it.

pedro25
25-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Well stuff me, just seen this advertised for the weekend, I got a discount anyway so not really out of pocket plus they do not stock all their products.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/porky151/IMG_3060%202_zpsdtpzr76w.jpg (http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/porky151/media/IMG_3060%202_zpsdtpzr76w.jpg.html)

Strick
25-09-2015, 07:34 PM
What does everyone use to get the very very fine "spider web" i think its called, scratches out of paint? I have a Das-6 pro where i use Menzerna coarse and fine then lime prime to finish it off. Am I using the wrong pads on the polisher? Or wrong polish?

white_lie
25-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Use a firmer pad for heavier cutting and work to a softer pad to finish with the lime prime. Same deal with speed. Start on the slowest to spread the product and then wind it up. Faster for heavier cuts, working down in speed the same as pads and compounds.

Always make sure the paint is glass like smooth before using the buff, clay bar if necessary

FLI355
25-09-2015, 07:54 PM
If you're in Sydney I can offer tips. What menzerna product are you using? If FG500 and with a das6 it's going to take a long time to get those fine scratches out. The das6 really isn't made for that (but it can do it if you spend the time on it). You'll need a course foam pad, prime the pad properly. Relatively high speed on the machine but slow arm speed. Work on 1/4 of a panel max at a time. I suggest you get some optimum hyper compound to speed up the initial cut. PM me if need be or message me on the book of faces if it's you that just joined :)

Strick
26-09-2015, 08:14 PM
I was in Sydney until last this year, pitty we hadn't chatted before then or I would of taken you up on that offer.

I havent been game to use the 500 yet, ive only used the PF2500, followed by SF4000 then the Lime Prime.

So something like this for the first run :

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint_protools/blue_cutting_diamond_pad_6

I cant find the hyper compound on the car are products website, where do you get your stuff from?

So would it just be that I havent been using the correct pads to cut into the paint enough to get rid of the really fine scratches?

Thanks for those tips white_lie, thats not something I have been doing but will start from now on.

FLI355
26-09-2015, 08:45 PM
That's why mate the PF2500 is a finishing compound essentially not a heavy cut. Trust me the FG500 is nothing crazy. For most people you wont even be able to tell the difference between the final finish of that and the PF2500. I get the hyper compound from ZAS. I use both them and car care products. I'd try FG500 first on a cutting pad to see if that gets things out because the finish will still be good enough to leave as "finished" if you use the hyper compound it isn't one step and you will need to do another pass minimum of 2500 to bring back more shine.

Strick
26-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Sounds like a plan, thanks for that. Has been about a year since I had a decent run on the SV so its needing another once over.

Senator01
26-09-2015, 10:27 PM
If you're in Sydney I can offer tips. What menzerna product are you using? If FG500 and with a das6 it's going to take a long time to get those fine scratches out. The das6 really isn't made for that (but it can do it if you spend the time on it). You'll need a course foam pad, prime the pad properly. Relatively high speed on the machine but slow arm speed. Work on 1/4 of a panel max at a time. I suggest you get some optimum hyper compound to speed up the initial cut. PM me if need be or message me on the book of faces if it's you that just joined :)
What exactly do you mean by Prime the pad? Also, I notice I get a lot of polish residue/beading spinning off the pad after a while. Any ideas how to minimise this?

FLI355
28-09-2015, 08:18 AM
The pad should be completely coated in compound. Not the three dots a lot of people recommend. Some polishes are better than others for dust or residue. A trick is when the pad is drying out spray the pad win a tiny bit of water and keep going.

Strick
28-09-2015, 09:10 AM
The pad should be completely coated in compound. Not the three dots a lot of people recommend. Some polishes are better than others for dust or residue. A trick is when the pad is drying out spray the pad win a tiny bit of water and keep going.

Geez must go through alot of polish, or do you only put that much polish onto the pad when you start a new panel or even only when starting the car

FLI355
28-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Only coating the surface of the pad, not infiltrating the whole pad itself. Doing it this way and refreshing the pad with water will not use any more polish. Watch some of the driveclean videos on youtube :)

Strick
28-09-2015, 07:29 PM
CHeers, will do

pedro25
30-09-2015, 05:55 AM
Thanks Bowdens for making some awesome products, I have also done the interior with their leather love and leather guard.

This is the finished product after Bowdens auto body gel, auto body cleanser, 2 coats of auto body wax and 1 coat of their fully slick spray, watch in HD etc and yes I do not clean my inner rims lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvQo0R8fhng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eRQ7K_ZWXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCUKv6Qo5mM

ShaneO-GTS
30-09-2015, 10:21 AM

Wow, Pedro you went to clean town like me with the Visa. How soft are those Drop Bear MF's !!.

I haven't tried their wax as I have Opticoat however your car looks awesome shiny and great vids too. Thanks

I see other member comments on the MF Chamois of which I have 2 of the Bowdens (Little Ripper + Big Bugger)and a Maguires Waffle Weave which I must say is probably better however I use all three to dry my car in different ways.

I use the Bowden's to remove the heavy water and the waffle to chamois off the leftover moisture panel by panel and on the glass and mirrors which gives me an absolute streak free finish.
You have to be quick up here in Qld as the car dry's fast even in the shade, so this method works well for me.

Its good to see all the other products people use on here as some i didn't know existed which look excellent as well. So thanks Pedro for starting this thread. Very informative.

I must say I find Bowden's products just easy to use , well priced and they actually work & do what the bottle says.

pedro25
30-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Tapatalk stuffed up, see reply below

pedro25
30-09-2015, 11:33 AM
Cheers, I find their drop bear also fantastic, always used Microfibre but liked the look of this so bought 4 of them lol(apparently made of some furr product without checking),also bought their little ripper chamoi and I have no idea why but works better than my top range meguiars one which I thought was the best. Also bought their leather love and leather guard which used yesterday and are also fantastic, I bought the square bear to apply leather product with and the plush daddy to remove product with. To cut a long story short everything of theirs I have tried is fantastic, hard to believe but true, probably most impressed with the auto body gel and the auto body cleanser.

VZ2MALOOR8
03-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Over the last few months i have become a fan of the Bowdens line up.
This is after using a snow foam was (not bowdens), then the rest is bowdens, body wash, fine clay towel, body cleanser, body wax and a buff with the drop bear.
And the rims done with wheely clean. i have been using this stuff for years actually, defiantly the best on the market.
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd483/Shaun0305/VF%20GTS/DSC00530.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Shaun0305/media/VF%20GTS/DSC00530.jpg.html)

I must add though, the cay towel is bloody great, better than a bar IMO, but i can not se it last up to 30-50 as stated on the pack as mine after one use is already very cracked.
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd483/Shaun0305/Random%20Stuff/20150928_094604.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Shaun0305/media/Random%20Stuff/20150928_094604.jpg.html)

Also the drop bear is bloody fantastic, but i have a swissvax micro fluffy cleaning towel and this is one step better again.
This is what i used for the final cleaning/buffing and by that stage it was just gliding over the paint work.

FLI355
03-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Strange people come out with comments "definitely the best on the market" and they haven't heard of or tried many of the really good products out there.:confused:

white_lie
03-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Anyone using it on anything but a white car?

VZ2MALOOR8
03-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Strange people come out with comments "definitely the best on the market" and they haven't heard of or tried many of the really good products out there.:confused:

Well ive tried a lot a different wheel cleaners in my time and this is the best ive ever used.
Is that better worded for you.

How about you tell us some better ones then so we can all get educated.

Thanks

white_lie
03-10-2015, 05:30 PM
For wheels?
Einszett 1Z Colortec would be up there but most de-ironisers will be a lot better than the average wheel cleaner

VZ2MALOOR8
03-10-2015, 05:40 PM
For wheels?
Einszett 1Z Colortec would be up there but most de-ironisers will be a lot better than the average wheel cleaner

Yer for wheels.
Is that one quite new?
I haven't used anything else since finding wheely clean.

white_lie
03-10-2015, 05:41 PM
No, just not a common brand as you won't find it at supercheap and the like

rodders188
03-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Bowden might work on a white car but might not do the same on a black or red, no two products are the same. Everyone has there favourites, trial and error, find one your happy with and stick with it.

VZ2MALOOR8
03-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Bowden might work on a white car but might not do the same on a black or red, no two products are the same. Everyone has there favourites, trial and error, find one your happy with and stick with it.

Yep.
And then find a better one later.

FLI355
03-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Well ive tried a lot a different wheel cleaners in my time and this is the best ive ever used.
Is that better worded for you.

How about you tell us some better ones then so we can all get educated.

Thanks

The Gyeon, Einzett, Ammo and Wolfes chemicals are all better than bowdens. How many of those have you tried?

RCBVFGTS
03-10-2015, 07:00 PM

Try Gtechniq and I promise you will need surgery to close your jaw with the results leaving your jaw on the ground literally. Just swapped to it from Opticoat. Results are spectacular on light coloured vehicles

pir4te
03-10-2015, 09:08 PM
I don't spend much time on the duco so I thought I would treat myself and get a "black polish" and detail job at the local suds joint. Cost me $250 but worth it every six months or so (coz lazy bastard).
Amazing how many people comment on the car, totally worth a matched colour detail by professionals with the right gear.

Andrew_02
03-10-2015, 10:29 PM
Help needed for bore water marks, my short story below.
Well maybe this is the right area for my question bore water marks, this bore Jabiru Croc Hotel must spit out acid just got the front
1m, lights plastic air vents, I parked up close to a garden to stop suitcases being dragged past the front bumper
and I guess I also got 1 x bat shite.
Home the next day, and the car had just been polished. Washed the car, Maguire's and a liquid wax! then
tried the clay bar, no use, then I found some old turtle wax. The more I got the front polished up the more
the water marks showed up in the right angle, paint was bloody shiny. quick google dot com and fifth attempt
vinegar 20%, then 50% backed up by another light polish off, that's got 80% off but the water marks are still there.
Can anyone help, I do not use a polish machine. I used a spot cleaner and got 90% of the one bat shite mark off but
that must have gone straight through the clear finish, maybe the bats up here drink the acid bore water! (car 10month old black) cheers

RCBVFGTS
04-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Hi Andrew

I'm no expert BUT by the sounds of the water spots due to bore water etc. I would be seeking professional advice and I dare say either a medium to heavy cut with a machine or the use of a machine with a course pad might be in order

Bat shit needs to be removed ASAP. The acidity from the fruits they eat is similar to citric and uric acid.

VZ2MALOOR8
04-10-2015, 11:41 AM
The Gyeon, Einzett, Ammo and Wolfes chemicals are all better than bowdens. How many of those have you tried?

none of those to be honest.

Out of the Gyeon and Einzett which is better as i need to do a new order and the site i use only sells those 2?
And the end off the day f there is a better one out there then ill switch over to it but this far i have not used one.

FLI355
04-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Gyeon stuff is all very very good.

Andrew_02
04-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Hi Andrew

I'm no expert BUT by the sounds of the water spots due to bore water etc. I would be seeking professional advice and I dare say either a medium to heavy cut with a machine or the use of a machine with a course pad might be in order

Bat shit needs to be removed ASAP. The acidity from the fruits they eat is similar to citric and uric acid.

Cheers, I'm out of time to keep polishing but the car will stay in the shed for a while now.
I used a 500 lumen bike light to see how the bat crap damaged the paint and I could see what looks like damage that has
made the clear coat crack, not noticeable under normal light conditions though. So much has changed from the days of
cut and polishing, now its all about clear coat. A clay bar then waxes.

On a brighter side used my new trolley jack with a 20mm height spacer once I got the thing under the car dragging it from the rear
so as not to damage that bloody side skirt. About 20 minutes per wheel, mostly with a banister brush, the brakes/wheels/shocks/etc. look like new, wheels off, and being able to spin the brake rotor to clean out all the muck that then drips onto the clean rims is the way to go.

hsv-cigars
05-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Anyone else here try meguiars white wax for their white car . I got a tube of it a while back and the stuff is amazing i purchased another 4 tubes . I had to get it on ebay as its not being sold in Australia ? They also make black wax for darker coloured cars . Ive always used meguiars stuff . The ultimate polish is good but i dont like the ultimate wax. I found meguiars gold class wax to be better than ultimate . The only more expensive wax ive used was autoglym high def and that was really good . But meguiars white wax is unbelievably good its gonna be the only wax i will use now .

white_lie
05-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Is it unbelievably good because it contains fillers to fill all the minor blemishes? That's usually the case with colour specific waxes. Problem is, after a couple of washes, the marks are back again

hsv-cigars
05-10-2015, 06:25 PM
Is it unbelievably good because it contains fillers to fill all the minor blemishes? That's usually the case with colour specific waxes. Problem is, after a couple of washes, the marks are back again

This white wax isnt like them colored waxes that stain your hands white or whatever . It doesnt contain any tint . The white wax is for lighter colored cars like white silver and light blues for example . For dark colored cars they have one called black wax for cars that are darker from black red dark purple dark green and so on . I woud never use that tint colored polish/wax a guy at my work used to and his hands turned white looks like he was painting .

RCBVFGTS
05-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Anyone else here try meguiars white wax for their white car . I got a tube of it a while back and the stuff is amazing i purchased another 4 tubes . I had to get it on ebay as its not being sold in Australia ? They also make black wax for darker coloured cars . Ive always used meguiars stuff . The ultimate polish is good but i dont like the ultimate wax. I found meguiars gold class wax to be better than ultimate . The only more expensive wax ive used was autoglym high def and that was really good . But meguiars white wax is unbelievably good its gonna be the only wax i will use now .

When you start to use some high quality car care products like Gtechniq, Opticoat etc. You will see Why Meguiar's is rubbish

hsv-cigars
05-10-2015, 10:59 PM
When you start to use some high quality car care products like Gtechniq, Opticoat etc. You will see Why Meguiar's is rubbish

Yeah that's true .can you post links to them brands you recommend what type of wax and polish do you use ? I saw a 200ml tub of wax that British detaling guy i think his name is paul dalton could be wrong . Selling his wax on ebay for $1500 .

white_lie
05-10-2015, 11:18 PM
Swissvax Crystal Rock (designed by Paul Dalton) is probably what you're talking about.

Check out
www.zas.com.au
www.carcareproducts.com.au
www.waxit.com.au

I still like Dodo Juice wax, usually use Purple Haze but their Supernatural is excellent. Menzerna polishes, with Zaino, Duragloss and Einszett making up the bulk of the 'miscellaneous' stuff I use

hsv-cigars
06-10-2015, 09:31 PM
Swissvax Crystal Rock (designed by Paul Dalton) is probably what you're talking about.

Check out
www.zas.com.au
www.waxit.com.au

I still like Dodo Juice wax, usually use Purple Haze but their Supernatural is excellent. Menzerna polishes, with Zaino, Duragloss and Einszett making up the bulk of the 'miscellaneous' stuff I use

just checked out the range of dodo juice . they seem to have some good stuff , how long have you been using dodo juice ? i see they have a wax for white and silver light colored cars too called Diamond white . i might be giving that one a try .

voodoo_sv6
06-10-2015, 11:26 PM
I bought a $90 tub of purple haze Dodo juice years ago. It probably contained enough to put about 25 layers on a sedan and I still have some left. If you have the time and the patience and the desire to layer 5-8 layers initially on a well prepped car, the results are stunning for the price. Then every 3 months another 2-3 layers.

I've run out of time to spend that much time on any car these days. I would prefer to spend just a couple of hours every couple of months. Horses for courses

RCBVFGTS
07-10-2015, 02:57 AM

Check out
www.zas.com.au
www.waxit.com.au

I've used all those products you've named plus Poorboys, Wolfgang, Zymol and countless others over the years. I thought, and I really seriously mean this too that Opticoat was the "bee's knees" until last week my detailer used GTechniq on my cars. Here is an example. My detailer used the Gtechniq C2V3 spray on my work truck, it's like a detailing spray. The next day I get thumped in Brisbane in huge storms, and I mean really thumped! By the time I drive 200km to get home, apart from bug splatter on my bulbar and windscreen the only way you would ever tell the 4wd had been through a sever storm was the tyres had lost their nice black gloss. It gave far superior gloss that the Opticoat Gloss Enhancer too. I've converted and glad I have

http://www.gtechniq.com.au/productsInfo.php?prodParenty=4&prodId=64

white_lie
07-10-2015, 04:43 AM
just checked out the range of dodo juice . they seem to have some good stuff , how long have you been using dodo juice ? i see they have a wax for white and silver light colored cars too called Diamond white . i might be giving that one a try .
Probably 5 years at a guess, likely more. Still got my initial tub of Purple Haze, you don't use much of it at all. CCP has good how to videos on applying wax and whatnot.
If you just want to try it, get a sample pot. There's enough in there for probably 4-5 coats on our size cars

FLI355
07-10-2015, 07:56 AM
I've been using dodo juice for about 7-8 years. I still have my pot of rainforest rub. It lasts a long long time.

hsv-cigars
07-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Damn dodo juice has been around that long ? I thought it was something new that just came out . I read an article the gtechniq should be used by people that know what they're doing because although it is really good one guy damaged his bonnet because he forgot a patch where he applied product and allowed it to dry .

Ill be getting some dodo juice white diamond and purple haze and the supernatural especially. Their other stuff is it all the same like ones that smells like bananas and whatever ?

jay76
14-10-2015, 12:29 AM
Mine before a show

white_lie
14-10-2015, 06:40 AM
I've used all those products you've named plus Poorboys, Wolfgang, Zymol and countless others over the years. I thought, and I really seriously mean this too that Opticoat was the "bee's knees" until last week my detailer used GTechniq on my cars. Here is an example. My detailer used the Gtechniq C2V3 spray on my work truck, it's like a detailing spray. The next day I get thumped in Brisbane in huge storms, and I mean really thumped! By the time I drive 200km to get home, apart from bug splatter on my bulbar and windscreen the only way you would ever tell the 4wd had been through a sever storm was the tyres had lost their nice black gloss. It gave far superior gloss that the Opticoat Gloss Enhancer too. I've converted and glad I have

http://www.gtechniq.com.au/productsInfo.php?prodParenty=4&prodId=64

Just had a look at some of their stuff, looks alright. Cheaper than I was expecting but I was also thinking it would be a more permanent solution like Opticoat. Their Exov2 would be what I'd be looking at for paint protection but I'm still leaning more towards Duragloss Enviroshield Ceramic or their 601/105 2 part bonding polish (still have some of this at home). All of these products should be good for 18-24 months.

jay76
14-10-2015, 07:53 PM
There are some good sealant products on the market with the best I believe lasting about 18months. A lot of people don't put the time into the prep work of the paint just thinking you can wash and then apply wax. The most important part is the buffing to get the paint right. Stripping the old layers off first followed by clay, then buffing. Then a cleaner fluid before you apply the sealant. Last step is the waxing. Any more than 2 layers max 3 is a waist cause every time you put on a layer you are taking a percentage of the last layer off.

RCBVFGTS
15-10-2015, 03:33 AM
Just had a look at some of their stuff, looks alright. Cheaper than I was expecting but I was also thinking it would be a more permanent solution like Opticoat. Their Exov2 would be what I'd be looking at for paint protection but I'm still leaning more towards Duragloss Enviroshield Ceramic or their 601/105 2 part bonding polish (still have some of this at home). All of these products should be good for 18-24 months.

I had my detailer really work his magic on the weekend over the GTS and the SSVR. I was left speechless. He worked his magic on a buff for a good 12hrs on each car making sure each panel was perfect, enhancing the gloss and depth while reducing orange peel and all the Opticoat was removed. Then he applied a coat of GTechniqu Crystal Serum, followed by EXO and then a coat of Kamikaze Over Coat (whisker better than the C2V3).

Wow, wow, wow :o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't say a word to my wife what I was getting done to them and as soon as she walked into my shed, she says "what have you don't to my cars paint it's literally glowing it's that bright".

I can't believe the difference myself, it's chalk and cheese. Yes, it's a permanent coating but it's also the panel preparation that makes it even better. Talk about slippery now though too. The paint looks so deep, but so wet it really looks like its just been washed and the water hasn't been chamoised off yet. The metallic flake in my paint now shines like a kids glitter pen.

white_lie
15-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Was the paint corrected before the Opticoat was applied? Doesn't sound like it if there was still peel trapped in there?

RCBVFGTS
15-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Peel isn't an easy thing to get rid of 100%. to really do it properly you really should wet sand. The days there are a number of pads on the market that do a good job but still are far from perfect.

When I had the Opticoat applied to the GTS and SSVR, the paint was already very good. Just needed a light going over with an RA for minor marks.

This time my detailer put in a good solid 12hrs on each car with the machines before touching it with any sealer etc. That work then flattened out the peel (not 100%, but a good 80%) as too adding depth, gloss and definition, which then the Gtechniq enhanced

jay76
16-10-2015, 08:15 AM
I remember the first time I did my paint. Spent 2 full days on the buffer with the LED lights to get it perfect.

disorganise
19-10-2015, 07:39 AM
I had my detailer really work his magic on the weekend over the GTS and the SSVR. I was left speechless. He worked his magic on a buff for a good 12hrs on each car making sure each panel was perfect, enhancing the gloss and depth while reducing orange peel and all the Opticoat was removed. Then he applied a coat of GTechniqu Crystal Serum, followed by EXO and then a coat of Kamikaze Over Coat (whisker better than the C2V3).

Wow, wow, wow :o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't say a word to my wife what I was getting done to them and as soon as she walked into my shed, she says "what have you don't to my cars paint it's literally glowing it's that bright".

I can't believe the difference myself, it's chalk and cheese. Yes, it's a permanent coating but it's also the panel preparation that makes it even better. Talk about slippery now though too. The paint looks so deep, but so wet it really looks like its just been washed and the water hasn't been chamoised off yet. The metallic flake in my paint now shines like a kids glitter pen.
Thanks a bunch! :D
There I was confident that all the research was complete and opticoat is the best bang for buck coating, partly on your recommendation by the way. And now you go and cast doubt!
I'm gonna stick with my plan for opti for now since that's what my detailer uses. But be interested to hear how things stack up in say 2 years.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

RCBVFGTS
20-10-2015, 02:48 AM
Sorry mate, I have to be honest.

You won't be disappointed with the Opticoat and it's an excellent product.

Do yourself a favour and get yourself a bottle of the Gtechniq C2v3 and after a week of having the Opticoat applied to your car, spray the Gtechniq C2v3 over it and watch the difference. Then post up on here what you think :D

hsv-cigars
20-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Anyone using smartwax products ? They are the same people who make chemical guy's products. I have a bottle of the blue wax detailer and its better than meguiars detailer sprays . Im thinking of getting their pink wax and polish . Or anyone here using the forum sponsor adams stuff ?

Clubbie2010
09-12-2015, 10:00 AM
I was reading the product label for "Wheely Clean" and it said to avoid using it on brake calipers. Have you have any problems with calipers?

pedro25
12-12-2015, 07:20 AM
I was reading the product label for "Wheely Clean" and it said to avoid using it on brake calipers. Have you have any problems with calipers?

I normally do not spray my calipers, I actually did with meguiars non acid wheel cleaner and there was no issue, I have done one or two times with Bowdens and no issues, I think from memory without checking they say to not use on calipers as there may be some differences in various caliper paint finishes etc. Bowdens are currently working on a new wheel cleaner that is not as strong on the nose and a bit more user friendly, I have to wear glasses and hold my breathe when I use it lol.

korrupt
18-12-2015, 08:58 AM
If you are interested in Bowden products, I noticed a decent sale over at OzBargain - https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/225942