PDA

View Full Version : Holden "Monthly Sales" numbers

Sniper
31-10-2014, 06:22 PM
This is a statistic that I follow monthly out of interest in Holden and to see what brand is "moving" in the market

With October sales volume stats due next week, its a worrying thought where Holden may be in the Leaderboard

September was awful as Holden slipped to #4 behind Toyota, Mazda and Hyundai - yep, even Hyundai has rolled Holden

One has to be careful when analysing these sort of numbers but its safe to say that Mazda is the best performing brand in Australia and has been for some time

Toyota, Hyundai and Holden rely on fleet sales to boost their performance where Mazda is not in that market - I've yet to see a Mazda Renter

I'll post the October numbers on here next week - unless one of you guys beat me to it . . . :)

RedHotMike
31-10-2014, 06:34 PM
http://www.caradvice.com.au/316280/holden-boss-resigns-after-just/

Well the revolving door continues - Word is that it was more a case of resign and save face or be sacked but either way the farce that is Holden continues. I have to question though - who would actually want that job anyway?

Sadly GM did not share Hannenburgers vision, forced him into early retirement and it's been nothing but disappointment ever since. Sure the VE/F are/were great cars for their time however that was more despite GM rather than because of it. I just wonder how much better would have been without the interference???

Sniper
06-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Well the October data is out and it's still not good for Holden

Toyota remains leader but this time Hyundai came in second followed by Holden then Mazda

The Commodore inc HSV sold 2200 units which is down on last month

Rumours have persisted over the last week since the MD move on that the first job for the next MD is o announce he obvious - Elizabeth to close November 2016 - a year early . . . I guess we will just have to wait and see

The new C Class Benz punted Mercedes into the top ten

Senator01
06-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Inevitable that the slide will continue for both Ford and Holden till the end. People now looking beyond at something (companies) with more stability.

Nitrate
07-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Inevitable that the slide will continue for both Ford and Holden till the end. People now looking beyond at something (companies) with more stability.
+1

Shall I mention the word 'arrogance' again, at least 'FORD' and dare I say it again 'FORD' have given their supporters future direction on what they plan to have on offer!

GEEZ :confused:

GenF-GTS
07-11-2014, 03:26 PM
+1

Shall I mention the word 'arrogance' again, at least 'FORD' and dare I say it again 'FORD' have given their supporters future direction on what they plan to have on offer!

GEEZ :confused:

Is this a smart move by Ford though?
Might reduce current sales on other models with people waiting it out on the mustang.

Where as Holden have said we will be importing after XX year from the GM line up........so people still buy current crop of cars.

They have said they will pick and choose from the GM line up so we do know we are going to get USA models....we just don't know which ones yet.

If they announce camaro, CTSV, corvette now HSV and some Holden sales will be lost no doubt.

Sniper
07-11-2014, 05:50 PM
I personally feel Ford are in better shape for 2015 than Holden . . . the Ranger is still selling well with a facelift due in 8 weeks . . . the Focus and Fiesta are ticking over better than the Holden equivalents . . . the Falcon will get a kick along next month and the new Everest SUV and Mustang will do really well in the second half of 2015

Holden have lost ground in the fleet sector at the expense of Hyundai . . . .and when you look at Hyundai and dissect their range they have done pretty well without a Utility . . . if they bring a ute to the market in the next couple of years they will go into a definitive number 2 slot due to their strength in the Fleet sector

Mazda is still the most impressive due to they have virtually zero Fleet action . . . where Hyundai have started to dominate the rental car sector with Toyota

Yes, Holden need to be positive and make some announcements to help them get traction . . . but just cos they have 3 new models due from Opel next year won't lift them fast enough . . I feel for HSV as they are suffering from the decline of the Holden Brand . . . and people can buy plenty of nice stuff from BMW, Merc , Jeep etc for the same money - albeit not the same performance but a new C Class sedan with a tone of fruit for less than $70k makes ppl double think . . . They sold 5 times more C Class's than the HSV range retailed last month . . . and HSV dealers have stock running out of their ears . . .

. . . it's a shame hey don't take notice of some of the good info on this ovum as they wouldn't have the embarrassing stock issue that they now have if they would have been less arrogant . .

VFR8
07-11-2014, 07:45 PM
The new kid on the block, the long warranty... Will also play a part over coming months and is certainly going to alter market shift/sales.

Kia is 7 years, unlimited non commercial KM for instance and 7 years of capped servicing (upto 105,000km). A bold move... If others match suit then and others don't - it will factor to a shift regardless of line-up as some people will jump for that.

So that'll be interesting to see in the mid term. Doubt the short term will see much.

I agreed, Ford aren't hurting with telling everyone what's coming, when etc... People that need to purchase still will.

Senator01
08-11-2014, 01:33 PM
A different spin on sales figures .. http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2014/top-of-the-class-47316

Sniper
08-11-2014, 08:14 PM
I saw that article and it certainly raised sone thoughts

My crystal ball suggests that Mazda will return to number 2 next year with the update BT50 (feb) . . . CX5 (feb) . . . and the new CX3 in April

Hyundai desperately need a ute . . . but they do have another SUV next year called the ix25

Holden need a new Captiva fast plus an upmarket SUV - see Buick Enclave . . . the Colorado 7 has been a Epic(a) flop lol . . . disaster and hasn't made any penetration into the market

Nissan has the range but not the momentum but they are penetrating the Fleet market with the new X-Trail

Ford could be the surprise in 2015 with their new SUV thing - Everest!!!

Whatever way you look at the Australian market it is divided into SUV . . Ute . . . Medium hatch and now small 2 door coupes . . . and Holden is weak in all those segments until the Astra arrives . . . providing they price it right