PDA

View Full Version : Watchout for the silent police

Tim
21-11-2004, 09:50 AM
Those of you who live is sydney would be aware of those little yellow humps that are suppose to stop you from cutting corners. i hit one last week turning into a dark street. It hit my diff and severly damaged my rear suspension crossmember where the diff bolts on. My HSV is no longer drivable! :evil: :evil: Is this the intention of these things, to break cars, cause no effort has been made to make them visable. I didnt even know it was there till after i hit it. I cant see in the dark, and there was no dotted line to guide me into the tight street without cutting, i gave way to traffic and turned in...BANG!! These things are a menice and should be banned, or put a "keep left" sigh ontop of them at eye level so we can see them. :idea:

ozemuscle1
21-11-2004, 08:31 PM
OUCH. to put it mildly. that is ridiculous having those things unsigned. at least have reflective tape on the or something. hope you can get it fixed man.

Young Cub
04-12-2005, 10:47 PM
OWWWWCH!!!! fixing differentials are expensive and complicated procedure.........but see whats available and go for the best.....man........a hsv with a broken differential? i never wanna see another one of those silent police........

[1BadV8]
05-12-2005, 11:16 AM
I only know of 1 silent cop in my area...there really a thing of the past but as you say the remaing ones should be made alot more visible or removed completely

s83
07-12-2005, 11:10 PM
whats a silent police and where are they, never heard of such a thing....are there any in there sydney area - ie around castle hill area....?

[1BadV8]
08-12-2005, 06:12 PM
a silent cop is this little yellow dome in the middle of the road at intersections or at the end of your street there purpose is to keep traffic to the right and left side of the road i think.

There nothing to worry about they cant fine you dont worry