PDA

View Full Version : VX/VY instruments

aljakel
04-11-2004, 10:44 PM
New to site. I have a techo question. Is it possible to instal a VY S series (V8) instrument cluster into a VX (V8) ute? Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Jay.

-HSV-
05-11-2004, 08:58 PM
New to site. I have a techo question. Is it possible to instal a VY S series (V8) instrument cluster into a VX (V8) ute? Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Jay.should fit straight in. not sure about wiring though. maybe you should ask at holden what they reckon. i have a feeling they use a different loom but not 100% sure.

ozemuscle1
06-11-2004, 12:42 AM
while we're on the subject, can i ask if anyone knows anything about transplanting instrument clusters into VK/VH Commodores?

VTSS350
07-11-2004, 07:29 PM
Dont quote me, but I think -HSV- is wrong. The VY dash is a different shape to the VT/VX ones. You would have to do a bit of home work before buying a VY dash to fit a VX

-HSV-
09-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Dont quote me, but I think -HSV- is wrong. The VY dash is a different shape to the VT/VX ones. You would have to do a bit of home work before buying a VY dash to fit a VXwas just coming on here to say that i could be wrong as well, i know that the entire dash, like the w**** interior should fit into the VT/VX's but just that dials and stuff, i dont think.

i suggest if you want a change get a VT/VX HSV dash or just a coloured dial thing.

i could still be wrong though :s

aljakel
13-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Guys, thought I would let you know the instrument cluster fits into the dash and operates. Depending on the series of the dash fitted versus the series of the vehicle, some communication problems can occur between various control units and the instruments, inc; tacho/speedo inacurate, trac cont warning buzzer sounding + more. Really this conversion is more drama than it is worth unless you want to line the auto elecs wallet with your hard earned cash.