PDA

View Full Version : Where's Sniper

Sniper
24-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Well, Im currently on a Forum Sabbatical . . . something that we all should consider from time to time

Ive dropped in for a visit today at the request of 3 members that have asked for comment on a couple of threads . . then I'm back on sabbatical

Weve created a whole new division of our business in Adelaide which it all consuming at the moment . . . but I quickly grabbed a couple of hours today to watch one of my fav events on the box - the Irwin Tools Night race at Bristol Tennesee . . . what an awesome spectacle . . a theatre about the same size as the MCG that hosts a half mile oval Nascar race . . .imagine 43 cars at 9000plus RPM lapping in 13 secs . . . I gotta get there in 2015

Cheers to all the positive guys and girls around here and catch ya again soon with another update . . .

hdt493
24-08-2014, 05:33 PM
good to hear from you mate. clear your inbox so i can pm you.

JWM
24-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Enjoy the sabbatical, glad you're still about!

Sniper
31-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Back off the sabbatical for half an hour whilst I pass comment on some recent activity - requested by a couple of members

Also tidied up my PM box as it was full

I'm sitting in the Virgin Lounge at Tulla - it's lunchtime Sunday and I've flown in from Hobart on one of Richo's finest - was a good flight and Melbourne looks great and really clear from the Air . . . its normally not as clear as it is today - sadly I won't get to enjoy it as I'm off to Adelaide then Pt Lincoln this arvo

white_lie
31-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Nice to see you still around Graeme, the forums prodigal son it seems?

Pickles
31-08-2014, 09:17 PM
Just missed you then Graeme. We ain't "VIPS", so we can't be in the Virgin Lounge, but we're flying out in the morning to Magnetic Island for 10 days to celebrate my 70th, so we're in the Park Royal at Tulla for the night to catch an early flight in the morning. Just come out out the Park Royal restaurant after having consumed a ripper eye fillet & a bottle of red. Now sitting in room watching aircraft movements....Life's good!

VX15ANNIV
31-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Happy birthday....

richo7502000
01-09-2014, 05:02 AM
Just missed you then Graeme. We ain't "VIPS", so we can't be in the Virgin Lounge, but we're flying out in the morning to Magnetic Island for 10 days to celebrate my 70th, so we're in the Park Royal at Tulla for the night to catch an early flight in the morning. Just come out out the Park Royal restaurant after having consumed a ripper eye fillet & a bottle of red. Now sitting in room watching aircraft movements....Life's good!

Happy Birthday Pickles, I have been here at Tulla all night myself, I would have come up to say Hi if i realised!! Enjoy your holiday.

Pickles
01-09-2014, 06:37 AM
G'day Richo, that would've been good. Had a ripper room at the Park Royal, off to Townsville today.
Regards, Martin.

Sniper
13-09-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm enjoying my sabbatical but I got another " PM Inbox Full" email so decided to sort that out - I hope all my return messages help those that have PM'd me
The last fortnight has disappeared fast with 2 trips into Adelaide where things have become very busy and I'm spending this weekend at my desk in Hobart before heading back to Adelaide on Tuesday . . .
. . . and Richo, I've got a 2 hour stopover at Tulla on Tuesday . . . I'll flick ya a txt

richo7502000
14-09-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm enjoying my sabbatical but I got another " PM Inbox Full" email so decided to sort that out - I hope all my return messages help those that have PM'd me
The last fortnight has disappeared fast with 2 trips into Adelaide where things have become very busy and I'm spending this weekend at my desk in Hobart before heading back to Adelaide on Tuesday . . .
. . . and Richo, I've got a 2 hour stopover at Tulla on Tuesday . . . I'll flick ya a txt

No probs mate, I am working from 5pm Tuesday so I will be about, if your a bit earlier let me know ill head in and say hi possibly in any case!!.

Nitrate
15-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Had a knock at the door today and much to my surprise it was Graeme. Had the privilege of spending a couple of hours with him and also got to show him my cars. What a great bloke, this forum apart from some really don't appreciate what you are missing. I loved hearing some old stories about HDT and the more recent ones about HSV, you couldn't buy some of the stuff he has to share. Thanks Graeme, I look forward to staying in touch and thanks heaps for taking the time to drop by and say hello. VC :)

GenF-GTS
15-06-2015, 08:02 PM
Many of us feel the way you feel about the information he can share and knows about HSV....however many also felt that whenever he had an issue he would play the same cards of "I'll leave the forum" or "I'll have all the information i have posted on here removed"

I did nothing wrong when I called him out for it, I called a spade a spade. Not all of the forum felt the same way and I can understand that sentiment, but many did feel the same way I felt hence the spade was a spade.

If he wants to return to the forum nobody is stopping him, just don't play the same games that were previously played.

Strick
15-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Piss off Kirk

Had a knock at the door today and much to my surprise it was Graeme. Had the privilege of spending a couple of hours with him and also got to show him my cars. What a great bloke, this forum apart from some really don't appreciate what you are missing. I loved hearing some old stories about HDT and the more recent ones about HSV, you couldn't buy some of the stuff he has to share. Thanks Graeme, I look forward to staying in touch and thanks heaps for taking the time to drop by and say hello. VC :)

Great that you got to share stories with a fellow enthusiast mate!

GenF-GTS
15-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Piss off Kirk

Great that you got to share stories with a fellow enthusiast mate!

Really mature Brady

Strick
15-06-2015, 09:13 PM
Yep, you could of said nothing too. Instead bring up old crap that has been sorted and layed to rest yonks ago. Old mate was just commenting about meeting a fellow car guy

Andrew_02
15-06-2015, 09:30 PM
One thing I'm certain of this is a bloody good forum, live in a place like Darwin and it really hits home
the help I've got from all of you is why I own a GTS (and why it still goes) where else can you ask for help late at night
on a weekend and members are passing on private mobile numbers, taking the time to take and post photos
to get your car out of limp mode and back to perfect again.
don't pass this on but I would pay to be a member of this forum and I hope the forum sponsors get some
business from us. Other clubs have taken me many years to be able to join or cost me a lot of money.
Time for a JB or one of those 500ml cans of Heineken, the 375 bottle are shit
cheers Andrew
I'll be back with a link you must watch / again, my next car or maybe cam, give me one can and 10 minutes to find it. as ar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0rVidA2U3s

Volume HIGH. don't watch it if your about to sort out your new cam package lol.

GenF-GTS
15-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Yep, you could of said nothing too. Instead bring up old crap that has been sorted and layed to rest yonks ago. Old mate was just commenting about meeting a fellow car guy

I don't think he was "just" commenting about meeting a fellow car guy, see here:

this forum apart from some really don't appreciate what you are missing.

"some" implies a division within the forum
And that the other half of "some" don't appreciate what we are missing out on.

So that's why I commented, I didn't slander or start anything....even said nobody is stopping him from returning to the forum.
He made the choice to leave just like he made the choice to leave the other 5 times he had issues with forum members, HSV, HSV staff members......etc

JimG
15-06-2015, 10:13 PM
I don't think he was "just" commenting about meeting a fellow car guy, see here:

"some" implies a division within the forum
And that the other half of "some" don't appreciate what we are missing out on.

So that's why I commented, I didn't slander or start anything....even said nobody is stopping him from returning to the forum.
He made the choice to leave just like he made the choice to leave the other 5 times he had issues with forum members, HSV, HSV staff members......etc

Don't want to sound all "lovey-dovey" or anything but I just appreciate the good advice and hope it continues for all things hsv. BTW I don't know anyone on this forum

Strick
15-06-2015, 10:15 PM
Im not going to continue the circle, we are all entitled to our opinions.

RCBVFGTS
15-06-2015, 10:21 PM
Good to see Graeme's still around. Even better he's out and about still helping people :)

richo7502000
15-06-2015, 10:54 PM

Good stuff mate, sent a few texts to him the other day myself...
He is certainly the wealth of information and historical facts thats for sure when it comes to the HSV brand.
No matter whether you liked him or not, no one can argue he was there and was a big part of HSV history.

Vector
16-06-2015, 12:00 AM

Always good to catch up with a mate, shame he's not on here, it's our loss.

Woolli
16-06-2015, 07:19 AM
I haven't posted on here much but i check in regularly and I always enjoyed his insights. I miss his posts.
Please come back Sniper!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Audi
16-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Come back Graeme.

VX15ANNIV
16-06-2015, 08:43 PM
Good stuff mate, sent a few texts to him the other day myself...
He is certainly the wealth of information and historical facts thats for sure when it comes to the HSV brand.
No matter whether you liked him or not, no one can argue he was there and was a big part of HSV history.
So true Richo.
I doubt he will be back as not much has changed from some.

richo7502000
16-06-2015, 09:04 PM
So true Richo.
I doubt he will be back as not much has changed from some.

Yeah, and now we don't get to hear all the HSV History, because I am not seeing anyone else on here who contributes any of that.

GenF-GTS
16-06-2015, 10:38 PM
I am sure he will be back one day if he wants too

Senator01
16-06-2015, 11:01 PM
Hey Graeme. Your call mate. We know you read the posts, whether you choose to contribute further is your call.

Your input is missed and appreciated,

Nitrate
17-06-2015, 11:16 AM
I know part of the reason for his absence is that he has been flat out with his business. I'm sure if he gets the time he will drop in and say hello :)

JWM
17-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Do hope so!

Nath
17-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Keen to hear an update on the VF GTS-R release...! Pretty Please :)

pedro25
18-06-2015, 08:32 AM
I have also had the pleasure of meeting Graeme in person, what a top bloke, he is a wealth of knowledge that we could all benefit from. A top bloke who is happy to offer advice and give his opinion to someone less experienced like myself, I also miss his posts on here.

I will not comment on all the other crap as I am not interested in it or do not care.

HSV-105
18-06-2015, 02:56 PM
I bumped into Graeme the other day in Woolworths .............. He was buying some baby wipes.

Guess he doesn't need the forum anymore :p;)

jkhsv
18-06-2015, 05:08 PM
I bumped into Graeme the other day in Woolworths .............. He was buying some baby wipes.

Baby wipes ...hmmmmmmm

Nitrate
19-06-2015, 05:29 PM

That's a crack up.....

Guess it's a little the same for some others yet they use HSV themselves, if that's the case..... lol

Sniper
04-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Well I've been talked into have a forum visit over the past few months and today is the day - I'm on a weeks holiday in Brisvegas and the Hotel room isn't ready do I'm sitting in a cafe on. Adelaide Terrace for an hour so I'll have a look around . . . pass a few comments and that'll be me for another six months or so . . . I'm also in WA from 9/8 to 17/8 if any of my "associates" want to catch up - you all have my contact and you all know who I will be visiting as my WA hangout . . Lol
. . . and Mr Seamons - I may need nappy wipes but they aren't for wiping ass's . .

white_lie
04-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Welcome back prodigal poster!
Will try and catch you on the 10th. Or we could possibly do something as a forum/group on the Sunday, depending what time you get here? Unfortunately I'll be at work the second weekend you're here :(

Strick
04-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Good to see some input again mate!

DrMus
04-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Welcome back prodigal poster!
Or we could possibly do something as a forum/group on the Sunday, depending what time you get here? :(

I'm keen to meet Graeme (sp?) so a group thing would be awesome.

GenF-GTS
04-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Welcome back mate

jkhsv
05-07-2015, 11:01 AM
What are your movements up here Graeme ?

richo7502000
05-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Well I've been talked into have a forum visit over the past few months and today is the day - I'm on a weeks holiday in Brisvegas and the Hotel room isn't ready do I'm sitting in a cafe on. Adelaide Terrace for an hour so I'll have a look around . . . pass a few comments and that'll be me for another six months or so . . . I'm also in WA from 9/8 to 17/8 if any of my "associates" want to catch up - you all have my contact and you all know who I will be visiting as my WA hangout . . Lol
. . . and Mr Seamons - I may need nappy wipes but they aren't for wiping ass's . .

Nice to see you back for a bit mate!!

Sniper
04-01-2016, 05:28 PM
Just popped in for a visit and look/see at what's going on

The forum seems to have gone from about 1000 "Active Members" to under 600 from the Forum stats which is a tad disappointing . . . maybe too much GenF interaction and not enough interesting historic stuff

There are plenty of rare and unique SV restos on the go at the moment inc models from 1981 thru to 96 and not one is featured on this forum which is pretty sad

Heaps of interesting snippets of forward HSV models around too which is not on here!! . . . which I find quite unusual . . . but sadly, Im not prepared to comment as I may get called a "Liar" again by the resident "I know farking everthing - just ask me" on here

. . . by the way . . . post 41 on this thread . . . I'm not your "Mate" . . . and never will be . . .

All the best for 2016 to all the good guys and girls on here . . .

white_lie
04-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Forums in general are pretty quiet these days. This one seems to be one of the few car orientated ones I used to frequent that still has a few active threads per day.

Plenty of us would like to hear what you have to say Graeme, even if the minority do not. However if you choose to continue in your ways I completely understand and wish you all the best for 2016.

Surfnturf
04-01-2016, 07:31 PM

Im not prepared to comment as I may get called a "Liar" again by the resident "I know farking everthing - just ask me" on here

. . . by the way . . . post 41 on this thread . . . I'm not your "Mate" . . . and never will be . . .

Who gives a flying Fark what these tosses think,I always look with interest in what you have to say as usually it is dead on.

WM-E3
04-01-2016, 09:04 PM
So cuisine such as ‎Moussaka - ‎Bottarga - ‎Spanakopita - ‎Dolma will never be the flavour of the month, year, decade, century,millennium. Interesting as there seems to be similar sentiment fragrating the forum. If time permits your input is invaluable and is greatly beneficial to the like minded.

GenF-GTS
04-01-2016, 09:33 PM
Welcome back to the forum, good to see you are still around mate

Senator01
04-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Forums are just that ... Forums. People in .. People out.

Whilst interested in the new stuff, I am very keen on what is happening with older model rebirths.

Strick
04-01-2016, 10:54 PM
Welcome back to the forum, good to see you are still around mate

You are an idiot and should be more professional.

Plus dont try to sell me an interchiller in this thread also.

GenF-GTS
05-01-2016, 12:18 AM
You are an idiot and should be more professional.

I was a forum member before I was a forum sponsor, I sell and produce the interchiller for a hobby, I can still act like a regular forum member if i wish.

I am genuinely happy to see he is still around....believe it or not.

Andrew_02
05-01-2016, 12:52 AM
would chill be in bad taste!
I guess I know little of the bigger picture and don't want to know! but do wish a few more old car build threads would start up
if you read this we are very very interested in older cars being rebuilt, me I really just don't have the guts to do it yet!

I read what I want here and must say I have been interested in the posts about how we should just add NOS
to the chiller details, In Darwin I wish we had a tuner I could trust and a chiller, I guess would help its F hot up here
in the middle of winter lol at midnight.
Shite I've been helped by so many members on this forum from Sat night how to fit parts to the GTS to saving $10 grand
on buying it! ( by the end of this week their will be 3 new Holdens in the family)
I found a small car collection this week, will get off my a and post a few pictures, after asking the owner,
pre HSV. Happy New Year to all.

RCBVFGTS
05-01-2016, 07:33 AM

Same to you Graeme. Hope you had a good Christmas and the boys are all well and a happy and prosperous 2016 to you too.

P.S. Only watched your Maloo GTS video recently. Credit for what you did and built. Cheers

LSExpress
05-01-2016, 03:34 PM
It's sad to see Sniper not playing an active roll on this forum as I see it as a big loss. I always looked forward to reading his posts. I guess due to bogan behavior Greame will limit his comments to an annual 'happy new year'
Right or wrong there has to be a more respectful way to conduct yourself towards another on this forum.

hsv.286
05-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Plus dont try to sell me an interchiller in this thread also. [/QUOTE]
As a moderator that comment was very unprofessional also brady..!

Strick
05-01-2016, 08:12 PM

Not a real mod, Ron just hasnt changed my title.

Would italics be better?

Andrew_02
06-01-2016, 12:39 AM
Did I say I had a photo of a GTS R, well I got mixed up again a closer look and its a GTR

Went for a quick spin in a new R8 today, as we know, no EDI or lower gauges, but the 400kws
feels every bit of 400 plus. I don't think the S2 is any louder than the S1 though removing the relay is working a treat
in the MY15.

talking about those in the know, I've read a few stories about an offer being put together to buy the Elizabeth plant. The SA
Premier is obviously happy to agree, could this work? for a new Aussie brand car to be purchased by police govt etc.

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l639/andrew6306/20160105_143408.jpg (http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/andrew6306/media/20160105_143408.jpg.html)

white_lie
06-01-2016, 12:46 AM
Went for a quick spin in a new R8 today, as we know, no EDI or lower gauges, but the 400kws
feels every bit of 400 plus. I don't think the S2 is any louder than the S1 though removing the relay is working a treat
in the MY15.

talking about those in the know, I've read a few stories about an offer being put together to buy the Elizabeth plant. The SA
Premier is obviously happy to agree, could this work? for a new Aussie brand car to be purchased by police govt etc.

I haven't seen any F2's on the dyno but I wouldn't imagine they've lost much (if any) power over the 430kw GTS

As for Elizabeth, there's a thread on that here...
http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthread.php?t=15165

maloogts
06-01-2016, 09:36 AM
Hey Sniper,
Even though only a 5min member, I have read quite a few of your posts. I'll say, the positive comments far far far out weigh the few negatives. So speaking for myself only, and responding to your teaser line about interesting snippets on HSV future models, I will wait in anticipation.
I also agree, it would be great to see some of the older models, especially resto's. The black VC Brock has not had an update for awhile, wonder where he is up to now?
[QUOTE=Sniper;159421]Just popped in for a visit and look/see at what's going on

The forum seems to have gone from about 1000 "Active Members" to under 600 from the Forum stats which is a tad disappointing . . . maybe too much GenF interaction and not enough interesting historic stuff

There are plenty of rare and unique SV restos on the go at the moment inc models from 1981 thru to 96 and not one is featured on this forum which is pretty sad

Heaps of interesting snippets of forward HSV models around too which is not on here!! . . . which I find quite unusual . . . but sadly, Im not prepared to comment as I may get called a "Liar" again by the resident "I know farking everthing

Sniper
05-06-2016, 03:25 PM
well I thought I better have a look at whats going on around here before I'm another year older . . . I'm sitting in the Virgin Lounge at Tullamarine waiting for my next flight and the weather certainly has made a mess of all todays schedules . . . if your out there Richo . . . pls make sure VA229 isn't delayed any further . . :)

white_lie
05-06-2016, 05:40 PM
well I thought I better have a look at whats going on around here before I'm another year older . . . I'm sitting in the Virgin Lounge at Tullamarine waiting for my next flight and the weather certainly has made a mess of all todays schedules . . . if your out there Richo . . . pls make sure VA229 isn't delayed any further . . :)
Get settled in, I'm sure I saw "The GR Suite" in the corner last time I was in there

Strick
05-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Ah ha, welcome. Looking forward to your thoughts as things start to wrap up!

bosscocky
08-12-2017, 09:16 AM
Well we now know what HSV is offering up to it's followers but I would like to hear what Sniper has to say on the latest HSV cars and the direction that they have taken or will take.

Sniper
08-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Well we now know what HSV is offering up to it's followers but I would like to hear what Sniper has to say on the latest HSV cars and the direction that they have taken or will take.

I'm still floating around ... usually have a look on here a couple of times a week although I've been watching more over the past week ... I've got my thoughts but I'll have a read of everyone else's posts then pass comment ....