PDA

View Full Version : HSV Coupe - Rare & Collectable

Sniper
28-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Just by the numbers , the Coupe will ultimately become a Collectable and Desirable purchase . . . with the GTS Coupe being a nice piece of Tech
Looking at the market, its certainly the model that is retaining better value and a couple have caught my attention this morning . . . a Red Series 1 GTS with 2000ks for $90k in Albury and a series 3 Black example wih 40000ks for good money . . .
Is anyone in the market for a good Coupe . . . and if you have one . . . Tell us about it!

Janz
28-06-2014, 12:14 PM
I've been telling this to my old man for a while now, trying to convince him to bite the bullet on a black vz gto manual :)

magnificent looking cars they are

FollowTheSapper
28-06-2014, 12:16 PM
I was tossing up between the E3 GTS and a GTOLE.
LE kept going up and moved out of my price range unfortunately!

walkysa
28-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Will be interested in this thread, I have a Series 3 2003 GTO, bought it when it was a couple of years olds, only bought it to be able to avoid driving my Walky to club events, then as usual it got relegated to the shed. I spent considerable time searching for a prefect example, only reason I didn't buy a new model at the time was simply $. Driven in the rain once, 30 000k's and kept just as it rolled off the showroom floor, seems the series 3's are thin on the ground. Not a 6L but has a boot and is a very nice cruiser. Pickles can comment, he's seen the car a couple of times.

http://www.hsv.com.au/news/vy2pressRelease/HSV%20Coupe%20Series%203%20Press%20Release.pdf

http://ndma.info/WSCMConfig/GalleryImages/Img347.jpg

Cheer

WalkySA

Pickles
28-06-2014, 05:51 PM
You are on the money mate. IMHO, a VZ GTO is a better car than a GTS, and the LS2 is a better engine than the C4B.
Graeme, $90K for a Series 1 GTS, mate, you wouldn't pay anywhere near that sort of money for that car. You didn't get where you are by making financial decisions like that!! Around 50% of that price is more like it.
For sure, some dreamers ask "dreamers money", but they sure ain't getting any of my "hard earned".
If ya're talking Coupes, the best potential as a future collectable, by a country mile, is,......Coupe 4.
Pickles.

JWM
28-06-2014, 08:48 PM
The Coupe 4 and the last of the Coupes are my favourite story when it's time for a "what will be collectible" discussion with mates!

I remember the magazine reviews absolutely RUBBISHING the Coupe 4 when it launched. It had the 5.7 when the rest of the range had moved to the LS2, so it was down on power, had squished headers to fit the front drive shafts, and was only available in auto. Basically they canned it and said you'd be much better off with a Clubsport.

The last of the Coupes I remember sitting in dealers next to VE's and taking forever to sell. One particular dealer I used to drive past all the time (at St Leonards) had an LE there for eternity, I bet it sold cheap in the end!

And now, here we are discussing how these are the most collectible cars of all, perhaps in part BECAUSE they were a little unloved at the time, so not many sold? Makes me thing a smart buy today might be the last of the FPV F6!

Anyway FWIW I would always prefer a GTS Coupe to the GTO. I know the C4B had it's issues, but they're fixable and it sure is uniqueue, as is a lot of other stuff on them. I'd put the Coupe 4 at the top of the list though, always wanted one of those. Being a Subaru owner for a long time I guess I still have a soft spot for an AWD! :)

walkysa
29-06-2014, 02:54 PM
If ya're talking Coupes, the best potential as a future collectable, by a country mile, is,......Coupe 4.
Pickles.[/QUOTE]

Agree with all said Pickles, VZ GTO is way to go as far as refinements, but collectablilty, Coupe 4 as 1, then Signature GTS and LE's in no particular order, when searching you'll find some very rare combinations within each series, not sure if those will make them collectible though i.e one manual LE series three was built in ultra violet, while mines not an overly dersirable or collectible model its only one of 8 series #'s with red on red. I think the GTS badge makes the GTS top of the coupe tree, even if they do have some fixable issues.

WalkySA

bosscocky
30-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm happy with my gto...has a bit of history as stated by andrew purcell...i'm 64 so i won't be around to see big dollars but maybe someone in the family might

HSVGTS125
30-06-2014, 06:18 PM
V2 GTS coupe hands down. I love that car. Others may have more torque (LS2 GTO) or AWD with coupe4 but there is something special about those 3 letters (GTS) on the first HSV V8 coupe.

GenF-GTS
30-06-2014, 06:54 PM
I think the original VX version is the nicest, since the outside of the car is some what rounded the VX dash suits the car body, when they went with the VZ more square style dash it just doesn't suit the roundness of the car....personal opinion there though.

The one thing i did like about the VZ upward version was the petrol cap location and the dual exit exhaust tips.

VIP-427
01-07-2014, 03:40 PM
A Black GTS Coup'e MMMM what delicious goodness that would be to own!!!

VIP-427
01-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Oh, another delight i saw on melbournes roads today was a Pistine Red VYII GTS number plate HRT 350.... watching it drive just made you realise how awesome that shape car was... although i think it needed the senator spoiler on it... but one of those would be plum sauce on a ducks back as well :)

edelbrock1
01-07-2014, 04:34 PM
I am probably a bit biased. But it is Coupe4 all the way for me. Tough as hell stance and unique driveline, (probably will be the first and only AWD HSV Coupe) combined with low build numbers practically makes it an instant classic.

From the build records, only 3 cars were 'fully loaded' with all factory options from factory. (Sunroof, SatNav and Tyre Pressure monitor)
But as far as color combos go, the rare one to get is Red with Ochre trim. Only 14 of those ever made, and such a nice combination too.

Prices for a good original Coupe4 with around 30 - 40k's are holding firm at around $60k. Been around that price for a few years. high K cars offer a significant reduction from this price as do modified cars. Seems buyers want em original.

VIP-427
01-07-2014, 08:27 PM
I am probably a bit biased. But it is Coupe4 all the way for me. Tough as hell stance and unique driveline, (probably will be the first and only AWD HSV Coupe) combined with low build numbers practically makes it an instant classic.

From the build records, only 3 cars were 'fully loaded' with all factory options from factory. (Sunroof, SatNav and Tyre Pressure monitor)
But as far as color combos go, the rare one to get is Red with Ochre trim. Only 14 of those ever made, and such a nice combination too.

Prices for a good original Coupe4 with around 30 - 40k's are holding firm at around $60k. Been around that price for a few years. high K cars offer a significant reduction from this price as do modified cars. Seems buyers want em original.

I do have to agree with you Edelbrock... I still kick myself not going through with the coupe4 I put a deposit on back in early '05'. I was one of the last black ones left, dark trim & I think a roof... Got it for 75k drive away.. & then people started getting in my ear about the lack of power & the hinderence to modify & I'm not one to leave a car standard so I bought a LS2 R8 Maloo instead & spent about 30K on mods... It was a tough ute... But just another ute. I do know of a Red Coupe4 with about 4,000k on it, roof & ochre trim, he'd sell it for 80+ but I don't have that cash laying about at the moment. Beautiful car though.
I did buy a red & white LE GTO in '06' that was a beautiful car too but for something to appreciate over the years... Coupe 4 for me :)

SV90
01-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Have to agree with the Coupe 4 also like the VZ Signature coupe as far as collectible. I do love the look of the V2 GTS in HSV racing green and black trim, the V2 GTO series 3 in impulse blue and the V2 GTO Series 3 LE in ultra Violet. I do think those 3 models in those colours look outstanding.

VIP-427
02-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Have to agree with the Coupe 4 also like the VZ Signature coupe as far as collectible. I do love the look of the V2 GTS in HSV racing green and black trim, the V2 GTO series 3 in impulse blue and the V2 GTO Series 3 LE in ultra Violet. I do think those 3 models in those colours look outstanding.

Those VZ Signatures are almost forgotten about .. but looking back they did come with alot of good trick in them... 1 off wheels never seen again, roofs, the bigger brakes, other appoinments now makes for a tasty car.... i wasn't a fan of the gloss black highlights on the exterior at the time... if i had one i would look at wrapping those gloss sections in a carbon fibre look. There was only 75 from memory.... you never see ANY around these days.

SV90
02-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Think there was 70 all up, I saw one last time I went to the tununda GM day 2 years ago. I like them as you said one off wheel.

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww301/HSV_SV_90/imagejpg1_zps8715a5ee.jpg

HSVGTS125
02-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Z series 2 Maloo R8 had the same wheels

Pickles
02-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Well, I'll be different. I don't like the wheels. Very difficult to clean, & very difficult to get to the 6 spot calipers to clean them too through these wheels, and also very difficult, if not impossible, to replace one, if broken/damaged etc.
In addition, I believe the "last" Coupe was a wasted opportunity for HSV. There was nothing special about it, I didn't like the gloss black either.There were all sorts of rumours at the time, that something really special would be made to celebrate the "Last" coupe,...IMHO the last one was little more than a "sticker special",...in fact, I actually preferred the "ordinary" VZ GTO Coupe, which could be nicely optioned if you so desired.
Pickles.

SV90
02-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Just remembered the V2 GTS series 3, a very rare car. There is a old add below as car is sold, and a thread in here also.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=SSE-AD-1020462

http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthread.php?12041-V2-Series-3-GTS-Coupe

mooks
03-07-2014, 08:20 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/03/apyje4eq.jpg

Here are my babies. My vy gts coupe and one of the last f6's off the line.

Maybe be biased but reckon I have the best of the two breeds. :)

HSVGTS125
03-07-2014, 08:24 AM
THAT is a great combo mate. Love it

VIP-427
03-07-2014, 08:40 AM
THAT is a great combo mate. Love it

I 2nd that ^^^ great stuff MOOKS... any man would be happiply fullfilled to have that garage mate. :)

SV90
03-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Agree, a very nice combo to have :)

mooks
05-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Thanks guys. Have to admit I'm happy with them both

Strick
05-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Very nice mate, ford did get the F6 and XR6 turbo right!!

Best of both worlds, similar to me just older cars haha

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa318/Brady2806/R32%20Skyline/650.jpg (http://s199.photobucket.com/user/Brady2806/media/R32%20Skyline/650.jpg.html)

FollowTheSapper
05-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Very nice mate, ford did get the F6 and XR6 turbo right!!

Best of both worlds, similar to me just older cars haha

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa318/Brady2806/R32%20Skyline/650.jpg (http://s199.photobucket.com/user/Brady2806/media/R32%20Skyline/650.jpg.html)

Ah, the Grove!

Which is your daily? Will keep an eye out for you.

Strick
05-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Cruisers the daily, HSV for fun and the Skyline im building into a track car!!

Havent seen your GTS around, tend to notice the nice cars getting around here haha

RAT8AG
13-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Hi Guys,
It's been a while since I've been on a Forum!

Just been reading through your posts and I also am tossing up between a Coupe for my next car.

I can see that Coupe 4's are certainly the rarer model however I don't think I can bring myself to buy an Auto that can't really be modded.

I'm not too fussed about the Signatures either as I don't like Red.
I love everything else about them though.
One of my friends has a 06 Sig Coupe in his shed with 1,500kms!
Nice car, he never drives it though haha.

So I'm pretty set on an 06 GTO with a few options (must have sunroof) and low kms. I'm not a big fan of the Stripes on the LE's however it does seem that they should be more collectible than a standard Coupe as only 99 were built?
Only 35 Manual Phantoms which is what I would have interest in.

Can anyone tell me what they think of their VZ Coupe?
I had a Show Room condition Fusion CV8z prior to my VE at the moment and I loved it. Handled so well and looked amazing.

Trying to sell my Supercharged E3 Clubsport R8 at the moment.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/14/ehyhatuq.jpg

RAT8AG
14-08-2014, 07:16 AM

Great garage mate! I love the F6's, nearly bought one. When you say one of the last F6's off the line do you just mean a 2014 model?

Ratsmow
25-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Hey rat8ag, love the wheels and stance of your car. I've got a phantom cv8z and absolutely love driving the thing. I have a lot winding country roads near me and I just love the way it turns into a corner, the steering is so accurate with great feel and it handles so well just on the stock suspension. I have Dunlop sport max tyres, 275 on the rear and 245 on the front and the amount of grip these generate is fantastic. Do you regret selling your z.

1997 HRT GTS
28-08-2014, 03:08 AM
I'm happy with my gto...has a bit of history as stated by andrew purcell...i'm 64 so i won't be around to see big dollars but maybe someone in the family might

I just love a Yellow GTO. Again. ........droool.

1997 HRT GTS
28-08-2014, 03:11 AM
I just love a Yellow GTO. Again. ........droool.

That Black GTS is tough mate. .....droool.

mooks
22-09-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks mate. I've taken the c4b out and it's resting in the shed. Now supporting an ls2 that gives it the power to back up the looks. :)

mooks
22-09-2014, 08:26 AM
Great garage mate! I love the F6's, nearly bought one. When you say one of the last F6's off the line do you just mean a 2014 model?

Yeah. 2014 model. But was told. Albeit by the dealer. It's one of the last ten made.

RAT8AG
01-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Hi Guys,

I sold the Clubby and actually ended up in a 4WD Ford Ranger XLT.
My first 4WD and it has been a lot of fun, a very capable car.

I made an offer on a 06 GTO LE before I bought the Ranger however the seller turned down my offer.

To this day though, I still want a GTO!
My CV8z was my favourite car however I don't miss it as I want to get into a HSV Coupe one day.

A few nice ones on Carsales at the moment.

GTO LE with 2,700kms (Manual)

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Special-Vehicles-Coupe-2006/SSE-AD-3133728

Even a Signature for sale (Auto)

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Special-Vehicles-Coupe-2006/SSE-AD-3128157