PDA

View Full Version : Lack of HSV GTS'

Wogboy1994
05-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Hi All,

It has been about 3 months now and i still haven't found my future baby :( At first I was a bit picky and only wanted white but now there isn't much on the market at all. For the past month there has been a total of 6 (dropped to 5 yesterday) Manual HSV E3 GTS for sale in wa on car sales.

Due to work commitments I don't really have the option of calling around since we do 6-5 Mon-Fri and 6-12 on Sat. Are there any other websites that have the high end HSV for sale or could anyone in WA point me in the right direction? I have tried ringing about any future stock at shacks and RSV but they both haven't gotten back to me :(

Any help is appreciated as i really miss driving a v8 lol

Audi
05-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Speak to a dealer mate but be prepared to pay a bit more. There will be much more than what is on carsale for sale atm.
If you are happy to PM me your number I will happily give Zac at used cars a kick up the bum for ya..

}You Wogboy from Whirlpool eh?

XR8TEDVY2
05-06-2014, 10:44 PM
RSV had a yellow E3 GTS manual. Not sure if it's still there though. Be patient mate the right one will come along soon enough.

Audi
05-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Wonder if its the Yellow E3 I went to buy 8 months ago :P

Wogboy1994
06-06-2014, 12:00 AM
thanks guys,

rsv still has the yellow e3 gts 22,000kms STANDARD brakes. For that price I would expect a yellow flag edition. I spoke to that zac guy at shacks but still nothing.

Not quite sure what you mean about whirlpool but I do use this handle on another well know commodore forums

I'm not quite sure on interstate buys because I would really like to scrutinise every little mm of the car inside and out and from what im told the dealer is kind of the middleman and any problems is my own to fix

XR8TEDVY2
06-06-2014, 08:36 PM
thanks guys,

rsv still has the yellow e3 gts 22,000kms STANDARD brakes. For that price I would expect a yellow flag edition. I spoke to that zac guy at shacks but still nothing.

Not quite sure what you mean about whirlpool but I do use this handle on another well know commodore forums

I'm not quite sure on interstate buys because I would really like to scrutinise every little mm of the car inside and out and from what im told the dealer is kind of the middleman and any problems is my own to fix

I think it was a it 50k for the yellow GTS when I saw it about 4 months ago. It looked ok to me. As for the brakes I wouldn't be to concerned about the yellow brakes as from what I've read they cost a fortune to replace plus who needs them in WA anyway? Lol

Wogboy1994
06-06-2014, 08:59 PM
True but if they want to charge 53k you would expect it for a reason. I have a feeling I am not being taken seriously when I go to the car yards because I am only 19. Melville holden did a half assed attempt at showing me a hsv then asked me if I wanted to do a loan and I said don't be stupid.

Audi
09-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Nothing wrong with car loans, maybe he felt you were being rude.
How much are you prepared to buy the yellow one for? You need to tell the dealer a price you are happy with and go from there, they should counter offer.

Wogboy1994
09-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Nothing wrong with car loans, maybe he felt you were being rude.
How much are you prepared to buy the yellow one for? You need to tell the dealer a price you are happy with and go from there, they should counter offer.

Nah, I showed keen interest in the car and got low worded responses. he was just a ****. TBH I would be happy to snap that yellow one for about 48k or less with the EOFY coming around I think it may help since sometimes its about how many they sell not how much for.

I would rather not spend an extra 10-15k on a car when I could pay for it then. I use to work in finance and I know all the tactics those *******s use on loans

Audi
10-06-2014, 12:04 AM
I doubt you'll get it for under 50k any time soon.
http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/used/details/2011-holden-special-vehicles-gts-e-series-3-626316?R=626316&Silo=spec&Vertical=car&Ridx=0&eapi=2

Wogboy1994
10-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Well I have emailed the dealer with the following response.
So we can only go from there. I am not to fussed if the deal doesn't go ahead because I would rather a different colour but for the right price I wwill compromise
Please feel free to give me some advice/critique

Hi Carsten,

I would like to know a bit about this car, unfortunately due to work at the moment I am pretty tied up and my only free day is Sunday.

Can you give me some history on the car? Where did it start out at, how many owners, has it got a full service history with details and previous warranty repairs? What is the condition of the interior (panels,seats,steering wheel,roof) exterior (bumpers, paint, windows/glass) ? Could you please include even the smallest of things for example... glove box light not working or glovebox lid loose or noticeable scratch on centre dash or kurb rash on LHF Rim.

Basically I want to get a little insight to the car before I come have a look at it. I would like to come look over all the interior and what I can then basically if I am happy with it we can move on. I don't know about your protocol but will I be able to get the car on a hoist for an inspection or is that after we have a deal on the price? Because I would like to bring it to our workshop and have a look over it.

As for your warranty what is your stance on where I can and can't service my car, I would like to have all the services/claims carried out by a registered mechanic of my own choice.

We both know that the end of financial year is coming up so I would like to organise a deal but I guess it only depends on the above.

Kind regards,

Michael

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: *************hotmail.com
CC: ian@bergmansautogroup.com.au; todd@bergmansautogroup.com.au
Subject: GTS HSV @ Bergman's Auto Group in Rockingham
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 17:40:33 +0800

HI Michael

Thanks for your enquiry on the GTS HSV 2011

I have tried to phone you on your mobile but couldn’t get hold of you

I would be more than happy to assist you in obtaining your new vehicle

My details are as follow as requested by yourself

Name Carsten Lu****
Number 04504150344/0895278883
Title Sale Consultant
Email carsten@bergmansautogroup.com.au
Please give us a call at your convenience

Kind Regards

Carsten
BERGMANS AUTO GROUP

GenF-GTS
10-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Typical car yard response, get you on the phone, get you into the dealership get your credit card details.
I hate when you explain you have no time and you took the time to ask questions and he didn't respond to any of them.

Mate get a private sale is my best advice.
Either that or email back your questions again number 1. 2. etc and say you have no time during the day he needs to return your email with answers to your questions.

Audi
10-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Wogboy you are expecting way to much from the car sales man. He's going to call you and tell you to come look at the car. This is normal procedure.
Also they will also want you to make an offer subject to inspection. So you will be signing paper work before he will let you put it on a hoist. Please note this isn't them being shifty, it's just how they do business...

Wogboy1994
10-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Maybe I am expecting a little bit, what if I decide to change my mind Audi? im not about to give free deposits away

Audi
10-06-2014, 10:21 PM
You don't have to give a deposit. You just sign saying you will buy the car for an agreed price as long as it checks out mechanically.
At the risk of offending you you're coming across as a tyre kicker. Although this is probably just as you are inexperienced in buying cars though. Do you have an old man or a relative that can show you the ropes?
Dealers are open till about 8 or 9pm on Thursday nights. Go down there and speak to them and check out the car.

Andrew_02
10-06-2014, 10:21 PM
If you can't find an 11 GTS have you thought about a VF R8 13 model if you shop around/maybe wait till any
MY15 holden and HVS details are released this will give better deals most updates are Aug-Oct.

Wogboy1994
10-06-2014, 10:36 PM
You don't have to give a deposit. You just sign saying you will buy the car for an agreed price as long as it checks out mechanically.
At the risk of offending you you're coming across as a tyre kicker. Although this is probably just as you are inexperienced in buying cars though. Do you have an old man or a relative that can show you the ropes?
Dealers are open till about 8 or 9pm on Thursday nights. Go down there and speak to them and check out the car.

No offense taken Audi,

Maybe my reply wasn't the best. If this gts turned out to be all good mechanically and we agreed on a price sure I would buy it but what I don't like is them just brushing off problems. I went to shacks and looked at a hsv and the glovebox was sloppy (felt like it just dropped down when you opened) sure it would probably be an easy fix but the rep said it was normal.
When I had my SS it wasn't a pissweak glovebox and it came down easily and to follow up I tested it on a maloo as well and it was normal.

You are right I haven't bought many cars (only my previous vz ssz) it was immaculate and taught me many things. The reason I say I want to look over every little thing on the car from the paint job to the spare wheel to the interior is because I don't want to be spending 50k or whatever (ppretting much working and having no social life) and then some prick saying "oh that's your problem now" Atleast if I know the problem beforehand I can budget.

And in this contract is it normal to adjust prices ?

Audi
10-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Yes after the inspection if there is something you aren't happy with you can walk away or make another lower offer. The other alternative is of course you pay the original agreed price and they fix the issue.

Wogboy1994
10-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Oh thanks a lot for the clarification Audi,

I think for stories I had a misconception that once the contract was signed you can bend over if there was anything wrong. Hence why I had such a harsh stance on the dealers. But knowing this makes me a little more at ease. Well I wouldn't mind getting that yellow one, low kms atleast

Audi
10-06-2014, 11:04 PM
You have to make sure when you sign the contract there is a clause saying subject to mechanical and paint inspection.

Wogboy1994
10-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the info Audi,

Too bad there isn't any more fore sale, I swear like a month or 2 ago there was atleast 12 ranging from 45k-75k :S

I shall keep everyone updated with my progress :) I'll probably even take pics of what I find!

Audi
10-06-2014, 11:29 PM
No worries, good luck.

Wogboy1994
12-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Just a little coincidental update. One of the cars I was looking at was this one.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Holden-Special-Vehicles-GTS-2010/AGC-AD-15795119/?Cr=1&sdmvc=1

Shacks have now bought it from the lady. I bet she feels stupid not taking my offer now lol

moray066
12-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Just a little coincidental update. One of the cars I was looking at was this one.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Holden-Special-Vehicles-GTS-2010/AGC-AD-15795119/?Cr=1&sdmvc=1

Shacks have now bought it from the lady. I bet she feels stupid not taking my offer now lol

Looks really nice, why did you let it go? You couldn't negotiate a price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wogboy1994
12-06-2014, 08:31 PM
She didn't accept my offer of 50k when she had it at 53k, she dropped it down to 49k and I offered her 48,500. Anywho just got a call from the dealer and we had a little talk and apparently they bought it for more than 49k so good on her I guess.

Audi
12-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Offer them 50k, nice looking car.

Wogboy1994
12-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Offer them 50k, nice looking car.

Well I did offer them 50k and got a reply of they wouldn't be able to sell it for I quote "nowhere near that amount" lol. Just as another gts comes up on the market from nowhere for 51,000~ and even lower k's

Audi
12-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Just as another gts comes up on the market from nowhere for 51,000~ and even lower k's

At Shacks though?

Wogboy1994
12-06-2014, 10:59 PM
nope different dealer

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Holden-Special-Vehicles-GTS-2011/AGC-AD-16039783/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

Wogboy1994
12-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Maybe I might try play all 3 dealers against each other in the same email to see who can go the lowest lol

Audi
13-06-2014, 12:02 AM
That doesn't have the up spec brakes.
Mate just find a car you like put an offer in and then go from there.
What you are doing is tyre kicking.

Wogboy1994
13-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Not at all Audi, all cars are acceptable I'm just trying to get the best price. They don't want to play with the reasonable offers I have given them (you yourself have said 50k was reasonable ) so they can fight for my money

Not like I am wasting anyone's time an email takes 5 minutes and of its going to save me even a few hundred its worth it.

XR8TEDVY2
13-06-2014, 02:52 AM
She didn't accept my offer of 50k when she had it at 53k, she dropped it down to 49k and I offered her 48,500. Anywho just got a call from the dealer and we had a little talk and apparently they bought it for more than 49k so good on her I guess.

Am I reading this right? You didn't buy this car over $500? ?

Wogboy1994
13-06-2014, 08:31 AM
Yep thats where my stubbornness is a downfall. But in my defence this was when I first started looking and I wanted a specific colour and wasn't bothered if I got it but for the price I would

Audi
13-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Not like I am wasting anyone's time an email takes 5 minutes and of its going to save me even a few hundred its worth it.

No one selling a car wants to deal with emails, pick up the phone and then view in person.

Wogboy1994
13-06-2014, 07:39 PM
I have talked over the phone with the candidates and am awaiting their replys.

I work 6-5 Mon-fri 6-12 Sat an 7-3 on Sun, since they are dealers its a lot harder to organise a time for me to go down. I know they are open till 8pm on Wed but I wont be able to make it to half of them with the distance/traffic.

I am happy if they don't wish to take part in this, it's their prerogative, ill keep on waiting for the right one or the compramisable one

Audi
14-06-2014, 09:27 PM
No worries, I got my first HSV at 21 so you've got a couple years up your sleeve. ;)

Wogboy1994
15-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Also just got a bit of extra $$ to spend on the upgrades when I finally get one :D

Audi
15-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Just have 3 or 4k set aside for stamp duty...

Wogboy1994
16-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Yeah haha I know about that hidden beartrap. I am hoping to atleast get it under $50,000 on paper so I can avoid the luxury car tax and will try and get the lowest price on the transfer papers to reduce the cost just a bit

Pazza
17-06-2014, 09:14 AM
You need to think a little before running your trap..

When does Luxury Car Tax apply?
From a typical car buyer's point of view, Luxury Car Tax is payable on a vehicle when:
The vehicle is purchased from a dealership.
The vehicle is less than two years old, as measured from the build date for locally built cars, or the compliance date for imported cars. However, if a vehicle is sold used and LCT has already been paid on the vehicle (e.g. when it was sold new), a credit is applied for any LCT already paid. This means that except in the rare case where a used vehicle is sold for more than its new car value, LCT is effectively only payable on new cars and used demonstrator vehicles less than 2 years old.

Nath
17-06-2014, 03:54 PM
^^ correct - also, no dealer is going to risk their ass by understating the value of the car and you are fool mentioning such a thing on a public forum......

Wogboy1994
17-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Ah I see I was under the impression that the tax applied to any car over $50,000.

Nath - I'm just putting it out there, loads of people do it and you are the fool if you think they don't. The dealer probably won't but who knows I might end up buying a car privately.

Andrew_02
17-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Financial year

Fuel efficient vehicles

Other vehicles

2013–14

$75,375

$60,316

2012–13

$75,375

$59,133

33% over $60316 LCT for the average joe on a new car paid one off. Stamp Duty paid every time the car is sold.
GST again new car. A demo does not have these paid only rego in many cases dealer rego/short term like three months.
mate take a new VF for a spin when you have time and buy one from Shacks HSV, wait for an undriven demo
then when you can take it down to Active Automotive Eddie T and his crew in Canning Vale, Tullock Way

Nath
18-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Nath - I'm just putting it out there, loads of people do it and you are the fool if you think they don't. The dealer probably won't but who knows I might end up buying a car privately.

I know people do it, don't be so naive on a public forum tho - you never know who is reading ;)

Wogboy1994
25-06-2014, 10:16 PM
May have found a gts and in white my preffered colour! 2011, yellow brake edition 32,000kms white one owner. I put my offer in and the lady is considering it but I will definitely be willing to negotiate. I think this is the one.

and I got a call from shacks about the alto grey gts. Interestingly I asked him (diff person from the first guy) how much they paid for it and they said 48,500 but the other guy said "considerabely more than 49k". I said my offer of 50k was pretty reasonable and he said they weren't a charity.

If I do get this gts I might head to shacks and gloat and troll with them a bit cos im a prick

FollowTheSapper
26-06-2014, 01:35 AM
I picked up mine at the end of last year, 2010 E3 GTS SV with about 25000km for $49,000. Dealers offered him $48,000 max for it. They won't sell it for any less then about $5k profit. But in knowing what the dealers are offering it gives you a good starting point for private offers.
Good luck with it, still cannot get over the fact I have one.

FollowTheSapper
26-06-2014, 01:37 AM
I picked up mine at the end of last year, 2010 E3 GTS SV with about 25000km for $49,000. Dealers offered him $48,000 max for it. They won't sell it for any less then about $5k profit. But in knowing what the dealers are offering it gives you a good starting point for private offers.
Good luck with it, still cannot get over the fact I have one.

Wogboy1994
11-07-2014, 08:21 PM
unfortunately I had to rebook the viewing date of the gts and before I knew it some slimy dealership had bought the car from under me and relisted it for an extra 10k lol. gotta be quick :S

moray066
11-07-2014, 11:50 PM
unfortunately I had to rebook the viewing date of the gts and before I knew it some slimy dealership had bought the car from under me and relisted it for an extra 10k lol. gotta be quick :S

If you want one cheap, you're going to have to jump on it as soon as it's listed!