PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading my E3 Senator Sound

XR8TEDVY2
18-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Hi ya's! I will start first up by saying why the hell is every sound system in a car that cost as much as a HSV cost so damn poor? I mean seriously? 7 million speakers in the car and not one of them worth a pinch.
Moving forward I have started buying a new ' setup' which I'm hoping will sound pretty good although I'm a long way off being any kind of expert in sound. My new setup consists of the following parts
Stock head unit
JL Audio ZR650 CSI Splits
JL Audio C3650
JL Audio HD600/4 Amp
Kicker KX800.1 Monoblock
Kicker L7 Solo Baric Sub
Plus wiring kits ect

Still need to buy a Audison Bit Ten D processor and some sound deadner. PLUS get it installed by someone who doesn't want me to take a second job to pay for it.

Does anyone know of someone here in Perth that fits the bill? Before anyone says it, yes I know 'One Audio' are great first class installers but I can not afford the $ those guys want for just an instal. Any ideas guys?

Cheers 😃

Nath
19-05-2014, 12:23 AM
I paid the price going for someone cheap the first time around.. They broke 2 clips (hello rattle!) and forgot to unplug the centre speaker... Paid ~$500 to have a amp & splits installed second time around, this included the hardware needed so I could keep steering wheel controls - had it done in Freo, down from the hospital, friendly guys..

Sent from my iPhone 6

XR8TEDVY2
19-05-2014, 01:29 AM
I paid the price going for someone cheap the first time around.. They broke 2 clips (hello rattle!) and forgot to unplug the centre speaker... Paid ~$500 to have a amp & splits installed second time around, this included the hardware needed so I could keep steering wheel controls - had it done in Freo, down from the hospital, friendly guys..

Sent from my iPhone 6

I don't suppose you remember who these guys were??

Nath
19-05-2014, 01:19 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/19/zy2yje3y.jpg

:)

Sent from my iPhone 6

XR8TEDVY2
19-05-2014, 11:01 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/19/zy2yje3y.jpg

:)

Sent from my iPhone 6

Thanks I'll give them a buzz ! Hopefully it sounds good:)

FollowTheSapper
22-11-2014, 02:48 PM
How did it go? looking at a similar setup myself?

Two questions:

1 - Price? Mainly full price and Processor

2 - Do you like it or did you change anything from the original post?

Kam.e3
22-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Yea I'd be interested in seeing what you came up with if you have any pics n if your happy with it ?

I did mine in the maloo

Twin alpine amps
Splits
12" in custome box behind drivers seat
Processor n controls in centre console...

Stoked and totally agree about the factory system !!!

FollowTheSapper
22-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Yea I'd be interested in seeing what you came up with if you have any pics n if your happy with it ?

I did mine in the maloo

Twin alpine amps
Splits
12" in custome box behind drivers seat
Processor n controls in centre console...

Stoked and totally agree about the factory system !!!

What processor did you use and cost?

Have any pics of how/where you mounted it?

Kam.e3
23-11-2014, 07:03 AM
Hey saps,

Can get pics n controls easy..
Ute is currently wit sonny in sydney but as soon as I get it back I will post... Check my ride kame3 maloo, there is a couple ther

FollowTheSapper
23-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Thanks mate!

Another happy Sonny customer :)

Kam.e3
24-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Yep,

Just waiting for it to get back... Feels like it is taking forever..

Also sending it in to one of his mates for an upgraded security system..