PDA

View Full Version : Flat Spot

hsvvtmanta
15-09-2004, 03:32 AM
After purchasing my car i noticed that when the engine is cold,especially cold winter mornings, if i start the car and try to drive away immediatley the car has a nasty flat spot when your being gentle with accelerator.She has even coughed and farted i thought it was going to stall.Took back to holden they checked out and said nothing was wrong that some 5 litres were like that and just to let it warm up for a couple of minutes.Does anybody know if this is true or should i take the car somewhere else,i'm just dont want to mess up my warranty by taking it somewhere else so thought i'd ask here first.

-HSV-
16-09-2004, 11:12 AM
id take the car somewhere else. we take all of our cars to an 'aftermarket' mechanic, hes fully qualified and can do warrantly services :)

im not sure how bad your problem is, but about how much throttle do you give it when its doing this? my VT, if i pull out onto the road on a cold morning and give it half throttle it'll be sluggish as up until about 3,000rpm.

maybe before driving you should try leaving your car run for 5mins or so to get the oil flowing through it and warm it up :)

HSV_195
22-09-2004, 12:55 AM
Hey how u going!

I worked as a trainee HSV mechanic for about a month and i came across a problem similar to this in a VX LS1. In certain throttle positions the cars power would just die of for a fraction of a second. The solution was to re-load a new fuel map with TEC-2. After that there were no problems at all!

Other possible problems could be:
-Corroded coil or leads
-blocked fuel filter
-failing fuel pump
-faulty throttle position sensor

Look i know u probably dont want to but i rekon a reputable Holden mechanic would do the job.

I hope i was of ***istance!

hsvvtmanta
26-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Thankyou will check out those possible causes.

VSIIsenator215
29-10-2004, 06:06 PM
I had the same problem in a VN SS.

My problem was that the throttle body needed cleaning.

Tim
30-10-2004, 12:45 AM
Dont forget the oxygen sensor. If this is faulty then the engine computer has no idea whats running out the exhaust and in low revs the car spits and farts. I had this problem on my hsv, car hated the 40km/h speedlimits and the idle wouldnt settle when i was at the lights. The oxy sensor cops the most beatings and is only rated to last 70,000km. This is the most likely componant to die first. :D

MR_HSV
15-07-2006, 10:31 AM
I had the same problem in a VN SS.

My problem was that the throttle body needed cleaning.
hey i own hsv clubsport 96 model and ive got a problem with it ive got twin active throttles on it seems like car goes harder then some days also if i keep it on idle it the idle pin runs up n down like its hunting then 5mins away dat goes away but the cums n goes when im driving n pulling up to the lights plus went i keep it on a stedy rpm range around 3,000rpm in 3rd gr my rpm pin starts it flick up n sumtimes down which then motor starts to gerk n gerk like its about 2 stall can anyone know wat this problem is caused by thanxx =)