PDA

View Full Version : Vy GTS information

BigOz5114
06-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Hey everyone, looking to see it I can get a bit of information from anyone in the know. A friend of mine is selling his vy series 2 gts manual and I am looking if it's a worthy investment, I have looked on google but am finding a lack of information. Found that there were apparently less than 100 built as a special order but any other information would be greatly appreciated. I have never really looked around for vehicles for investments but this made me dog for a bit of information

Vehicle information is
-2003 vy gts
-6 speed manual
-black
-300kw
-103,000kms
-red leather interior with coulsens
-service history
-immaculate condition
-$15000 he wants

Any information or links about this era of vehicle would be great

Thanks Sam

SV90
06-01-2014, 11:28 PM
There was 20 series 2 vy gts's built. I think there was around 8 phantom black cars as quoted by a owner of 2, I read about. For 15k, that is a good buy. I would buy it, have you got any pics handy ? Not sure about the red interior, though as I don't recall seeing one before with red coulsens ? Even rarer with the Hsv optioned ohlins suspension.

BigOz5114
06-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Not too sure about the suspension, will have to find out and is definatley red leather, I have got pictures but am using iohone and an unsure of how to post them

SV90
06-01-2014, 11:53 PM
No probs. not saying it isn't available with red interior, just never seen it before. The most sought s2 vy gts is the manual ultra violet car. I think there was 2 in this colour built but don't quote me. White_lie will be able to shed more light on the cars.
All the best with it, look forward to seeing the pics when you can post them.

Cheers

SV90
07-01-2014, 01:08 AM
Found some more info I posted when the ultra violet car was for sale. if you scroll down in post 15 on the link below. Apparently coulsens where not fitted to series 2 cars ? Hope this helps.

http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthread.php?7245-vy-gts-or-vz-r8-clubsport/page2

white_lie
07-01-2014, 02:19 AM
Are you sure its a Series 2? Doesn't sound like it unless they changed the interior for some reason.

If its a genuine car, it would have the VZ style seats. If it's a series 1, it will have Coulsens but they should be chainmail leather (perforated middles with solid bolsters). Can pick the series 1 and 2's easily from the colour of the headlining. Cream for 1, black for 2.

Like above, I've never heard of them being fitted with a red leather but may have been an option, may have been changed... Not sure without seeing it.

I thought all Series 2's got the Ohlins, can't quite remember.

15k is a decent price, has it had any work done to the motor? If not, I would budget another 3-5k for a cam and lifter change as they are notorious for chewing lobes off the cams. 100k would be close to throwing in the towel if it hasn't been done yet and they are very hard to pick problems with, it doesn't seem like a major issue until it starts making noises and you strip it down... By then it's too late.

blown vy gts
07-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Mmm definetly worth seeing pics I believe series 2 had tyre pressure monitor as well as the Olhlins & I did read somewhere only 20 were made as well & 2 purple which is ****ing awesome colour lol..

KAL SPL
07-01-2014, 09:47 PM
This dudes got 3 of them !

http://www.shannons.com.au/club/enthusiasts/VYGTSMyBEAST/garage/2004-holden-commodore-vy-series-ii-gts-300/

Vector
08-01-2014, 01:15 AM
Unless you have a wedding car business I don't understand someone wanting 3 standard versions of the same car.

white_lie
08-01-2014, 02:33 AM
I don't either... You'd also think that having 3 of them, he'd know how much power they have.

"The LS1 in the GTS300 VY 2 were rated at 375kws at the flywheel running on 98 octane"

Why would they be 300's if they had 375kW? Must have meant hp but that doesn't even add up IMO

FollowTheSapper
08-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Why would they be 300's if they had 375kW? Must have meant hp but that doesn't even add up IMO

Maybe it was a happy Dyno!

carwrec
09-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Yep, there was a Vy series two GTS for sale on carsales a couple of yrs ago now in ultra violet, and from memory it was a directors car, extremely rare. My Maloo was ultra violet, best colour ever, but never seen a black Y series 2 GTS, and yes would be series 2 seats, which weren't the coulstons if it is, but would have thought it be a 04 model like this one I mentioned was:)

03 Club
10-01-2014, 12:02 PM
I've always been a bit confused by this 'options' or standards argument.
I have what 'appears to be' a Y series 03 Clubsport. When I chat about it with people, it's supposed to have cloth trim seats, only two dials on the dash and black plastic pedals. Yet the reality is that I have leather seats, metal pedals and four dials on my dash.
When I bought it, the dealer didn't mention any special additions or modifications so I assumed it was a stock car but have since learned that it's got things in it that aren't expected in a Clubsport that isn't an R8.
So it seems to me that at the purchase stage of a new vehicle, the sky is the limit. If you want red leather seats with a 'My Little Pony' embroidered on it, then damnit, you can have it! :-)
If you want a cloth trim, then just ask for it.

white_lie
10-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Used to be the way, not so much in recent times with 'options' being stricter. In the early days, if you could pay for it, you could have it.

Did you buy your vehicle new or used? A used dealer probably wouldn't know what they're dealing with! As for 4 dials, no vehicle came with 4 so it sounds aftermarket. I thought all HSV's came with metal pedals so it would just be the leather option from the factory.

XR8TEDVY2
13-01-2014, 05:30 AM
15k! Are you kidding? The series II is a pretty rare car and very collect able IMO. The ultra violet is an awesome colour, I had an 04 R8 in that colour for 5 years. Yes the series 2 had the Olin's and pressure sensors and the VZ style seats but with the chainmail style inserts. The chainmail can possibly have a tinge of red in it. Also the series 1 GTS has lots of silver around on the plastics where the series two has a little silver and carbon fibre look.At 15 k you would be mad to pass it up. As a current Callaway engine owner you would already know to make sure the donk has had it 'mod'. Wouldn't want an engine failure. Good luck!

Strick
13-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Where is this GTS, if you dont want it let us know. Someone will snap it up, even if it is to put it in a shed for a while

white_lie
13-01-2014, 12:47 PM
My Series 1 still has the faux carbon fibre on the dash, it wasn't a Series 2 thing.

03 Club
14-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Used to be the way, not so much in recent times with 'options' being stricter. In the early days, if you could pay for it, you could have it.

Did you buy your vehicle new or used? A used dealer probably wouldn't know what they're dealing with! As for 4 dials, no vehicle came with 4 so it sounds aftermarket. I thought all HSV's came with metal pedals so it would just be the leather option from the factory.

Yep. One 'half size' dial with temp gauge on the left with a digital display under that, then big revs dial, speed dial, then another half size dial with fuel gauge and digital display under that on the right.

Bought it second hand last year.

white_lie
14-01-2014, 09:56 PM
That's the main cluster. There should be another seperate binnacle with two guages (voltage and oil pressure) in it above the climate control. That's the one I'm talking about, the main cluster is the same layout from a base model exec thru to the GTS, just a slightly different design.

03 Club
15-01-2014, 11:42 AM
That's the main cluster. There should be another seperate binnacle with two guages (voltage and oil pressure) in it above the climate control. That's the one I'm talking about, the main cluster is the same layout from a base model exec thru to the GTS, just a slightly different design.

Aha!
Well I don't have that. :)

MADFUN
26-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Yep, there was a Vy series two GTS for sale on carsales a couple of yrs ago now in ultra violet, and from memory it was a directors car, extremely rare. My Maloo was ultra violet, best colour ever, but never seen a black Y series 2 GTS, and yes would be series 2 seats, which weren't the coulstons if it is, but would have thought it be a 04 model like this one I mentioned was:)

Hey carwrec, what model Maloo did you have, VY or VZ?
I had the last built vehicle in Ultra violet, a VZ Maloo, i miss it

Strick
26-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Ultra violet in a VZ!! Never heard or seen that before, any pics?

MADFUN
26-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Ultra violet in a VZ!! Never heard or seen that before, any pics?

Hopefully this link works! I found out from HSV, mine was the last of 9 Maloo's built, R8 or standard, in this colour. There was a handful of clubby sedans too.

http://www.shannons.com.au/club/enthusiasts/MADFUN/garage/2005-hsv-maloo/photos/

My other cars are listed there aswell

carwrec
05-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Hi madfun, mine was a VY2 maloo R8, and yes ive seen a Vz maloo in ultra violet and clubsport too, if I could have had my Vz clubbie in ultra violet I would have, best colour and rare