PDA

View Full Version : VF Brake Upgrade Options

RCBVFGTS
06-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Hi RBS Matt :)

I just wanted to see if you could post up some information on what products are available for brake upgrades on the VF Commodore.

I've seen the upgrade 4 piston rear and 6 piston front calliper upgrade on EBay. Do you stock the front and rear discs for this upgrade and is there a DBA T3 5000 option for this?

Is there any problems with the rear brakes performing an upgrade with the VF's electronic handbrake?

Are there any braided line available as yet too?

Do you have any suggestions as to upgrades on the VF you recommend?

Thank you :)

VFR8
15-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Also how far off DBA 2-piece and similar might be for HSV's, if I may somewhat hijack this :D

RBSMATT
19-03-2014, 02:38 PM
We have not seen anything for the VF as yet and some of our suppliers are also yet to look into the VF range sorry.

DBA 2 piece front rotors are available for the HSV AP Racing 365mm 4 pot fronts abut no rears and still nothing for the 6 pot yellow upgrade.

adr8
19-03-2014, 03:14 PM
We have not seen anything for the VF as yet and some of our suppliers are also yet to look into the VF range sorry.

DBA 2 piece front rotors are available for the HSV AP Racing 365mm 4 pot fronts abut no rears and still nothing for the 6 pot yellow upgrade.

I found these, it states suitable for GTS 6 pot caliper, might want to double check with the supplier as I too thought they where unavailable.

RBSMATT
15-05-2014, 09:11 AM
I found these, it states suitable for GTS 6 pot caliper, might want to double check with the supplier as I too thought they where unavailable.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-Front-DBA-Slotted-Disc-Rotors-Suit-HSV-VE-Commodore-AP-Calipers-/220984353074?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3373b1a132

Again sorry for the late reply and again didn't receive a notification.
That link is for the 4 piston VE HSV kit and not the yellow 6 piston upgrade sorry as the yellow 6 pots have a larger 380mm disc and only come in a two piece from HSV but we do now have the brake pads for these in stock.
This is the problem with ebay and that anyone can sell any products and put misleading information up.