PDA

View Full Version : We need ya Sniper...

richo7502000
23-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Guys,
I clearly missed exactly what it was that sparked this off.... I really have no ideas at all???, so need to do a bit of backtracking threads.

But it seems that Graeme (Sniper), with the wealth of knowledge that makes this forum something special and way more informative than it could ever be otherwise, has either left our graces or taken time out which is a real shame.
So I for one want to say, please come back Graeme, there will always be followers there will always be haters, but you DO have a big fan base on here that values your experience, opinions and knowledge that you have to offer on HSV's and the automotive world in general....
So if your taking a peek at all please join us again mate!!!!

Cheers

Richo

moray066
23-10-2013, 09:49 PM
+1, if you check out his last dozen or so posts, then read the posts before and after, you'll understand why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

R34
23-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Hater problem has now been solved I understand
So thankyou Mods and Admin
Upto Sniper now but I hope he will return if he has time

white_lie
23-10-2013, 10:24 PM
There has been a "please come back" thread already Richo, I locked it but it may have been deleted as it turned slightly sour. I'll leave this one open for now, as R34 says, the "problem" has been resolved but I am sure he will return in his own time.

RCBVFGTS
23-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Hater problem has now been solved I understand
So thankyou Mods and Admin
Upto Sniper now but I hope he will return if he has time

+ 1 :D

I would love to know if it was Admin or she jumped ship after a comment of the ACCC but lets just leave it at that :D

I spoke to Graeme yesterday, first time in 7yrs and it was great to catch up. He will come back in his own time but I'm hoping too now it's a lot sooner than later.

richo7502000
24-10-2013, 02:43 AM
I have been away for a few days and missed the lots clearly..... Ill try look when time permits!!

SoulJet
24-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Don't post on here much these days but always keep an eye on the place. All I can say is it's a relief that the 'problem' has been removed.

rodders188
25-10-2013, 11:24 AM
So who was the person who started this thing on his threads and posts

richo7502000
25-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Hi Guy's,
I had a great chat to Graeme tonight on the phone, and I can understand why he has taken a spell from the Forum, unfortunately a bunch of nasty PM's and the more obvious idiot posters that was hijacking his thread have left a sour taste in the poor bloke's mouth!!!.
I think he will be back to take a look at things in the next few days to determine if he wants to be involved again or not, so I am hoping he will be back for good if that is the case.
I know one bloke doesn't make a forum, but I for one think the experiences that Graeme has had with the brand and the multitude of cars and contacts that he has is something of a treasure we should be grateful for, he knows stuff and has experienced stuff related to HSv and the car industry that the majority of us can only dream of!!
I know for a fact he has many stories on the history of HSV left to tell that I am very keen on hearing about.
Anyway, It was nice having a bit of a yarn to Graeme and I for one hope he comes back to the forum!

jkhsv
25-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Not to mention he takes time out to talk to you on the phone too !!!

rodders188
26-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Sound like a bunch of dithering school girls Thought this forum was about hsv's not grown men crying over one man, not posting on a forum

johnfhall
26-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Sound like a bunch of dithering school girls Thought this forum was about hsv's not grown men crying over one man, not posting on a forum

Come on Rodders, give 'em a break. Sniper was attacked by one individual, relentlessly, and those who jumped to his aid also, and since he (Sniper) has a lot of insight to offer, it became a real bun-fight.

Yes, we are about HSV, but we are also human, so, once again, cut us a bit of slack, please.

Now, tell us about your HSV, and we'll give you our fullest attention...

bosscocky
26-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Come on Rodders, give 'em a break. Sniper was attacked by one individual, relentlessly, and those who jumped to his aid also, and since he (Sniper) has a lot of insight to offer, it became a real bun-fight.

Yes, we are about HSV, but we are also human, so, once again, cut us a bit of slack, please.

Now, tell us about your HSV, and we'll give you our fullest attention...

Thanks John, a voice of reason, couldn't have said it any better....I hope we are not going to have a repeat of past trash. I'm not " A LITTLE SCHOOL GIRL " but a HSV owner who appreciates Snipers knowledge of all things HSV and await his return when he chooses.

Sniper
26-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Fark . . . What do I say . . . I cannot quite get my head around these threads by Richo and Moray . . . It's humbling somewhat

The forum changed a bit recently with a few members having a go at me and my thoughts so it was time to "ban myself" for a while . . . sure the "bitch with no style" was the catalyst for my sabbatical but there are a couple of other smart "ass's" that took the edge off being around here too . . . and sadly one of them has heaps to offer the members on here but chooses to just hover around and take a shot whenever it suits . . .

Anyway . . . I need to be careful what I say to keeps some of the "girls" on here happy . . . and holding back is really not my scene so lets see if we can approach this from another angle . . . To those that feel that any contributions from myself are pointless - just do yourselves a favour and stay out of the "hideout"

In 2014 I will start a number of new threads featuring various parts of the HSV history . . . some good and some not so good . . . but hey . . . It is what it is and those of you that want to understand where HSV have been and where I feel they are going you are in for a treat . . . and if you don't want to know - as I say - stay away from my posts and don't torment yourselves

. . . and to all the Guys 'n Girls that called, emailed and contacted me while I was having a break from here . . . cheers to you all . . . as I said to each and every one of you . . It take a lot of good people to make a good forum . . . there are 10000+ members around here and 770 are active . . . I am just one of a team . . . The HSV Team . . .

. . Lets put that into perspective . . . HSV/GM/Holden are like the AFL - they create a game . . . we the owners and buyers play the game . . . . Pure 'n simple really!!!! . . . No Players - No Game!!!!

Cheers

RCBVFGTS
26-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Fark . . . What do I say . . . I cannot quite get my head around these threads by Richo and Moray . . . It's humbling somewhat

The forum changed a bit recently with a few members having a go at me and my thoughts so it was time to "ban myself" for a while . . . sure the "bitch with no style" was the catalyst for my sabbatical but there are a couple of other smart "ass's" that took the edge off being around here too . . . and sadly one of them has heaps to offer the members on here but chooses to just hover around and take a shot whenever it suits . . .

Anyway . . . I need to be careful what I say to keeps some of the "girls" on here happy . . . and holding back is really not my scene so lets see if we can approach this from another angle . . . To those that feel that any contributions from myself are pointless - just do yourselves a favour and stay out of the "hideout"

In 2014 I will start a number of new threads featuring various parts of the HSV history . . . some good and some not so good . . . but hey . . . It is what it is and those of you that want to understand where HSV have been and where I feel they are going you are in for a treat . . . and if you don't want to know - as I say - stay away from my posts and don't torment yourselves

. . . and to all the Guys 'n Girls that called, emailed and contacted me while I was having a break from here . . . cheers to you all . . . as I said to each and every one of you . . It take a lot of good people to make a good forum . . . there are 10000+ members around here and 770 are active . . . I am just one of a team . . . The HSV Team . . .

. . Lets put that into perspective . . . HSV/GM/Holden are like the AFL - they create a game . . . we the owners and buyers play the game . . . . Pure 'n simple really!!!! . . . No Players - No Game!!!!

Cheers

Great to see you back mate :D Thanks for the chat the other day too it was great to catch up.

dgp
26-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Glad to see you back Sniper, I'm looking forward to your stories.
Do you have any info on when John Crenan will be releasing his book?

Drasius
26-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Good to see you back, and I am very much looking forward to some very interesting stories and a return to the forums of old.

wazza01
26-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Great to see you back..the info you bring to the the site is fantastic,i know I like to read the posts you put up, as does 98% off the people on the forum,but it only takes a couple of bad apples to spoil it for everyone.Anyway good to have you back.

Barryjnr
26-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Fark . . . What do I say . . .

I think you said it perfectly....lol. Good to see you back!

Mzsammi
26-10-2013, 06:41 PM
omg what did I miss. haha I would have called u hun but ummm I had no real idea what on earth went on... but welcome back haha xo

HSV-105
26-10-2013, 06:57 PM

Cheers

Obviously having a little crack at me Graeme............. we have differing opinions so be it................ we can't all be followers

I just don't feel the need the blow my own trumpet and like to fly under the radar a little ......... quite comfortable with my place in life and certainly don't need my arse kissed because of the vehicles I either own or have owned.

Personally I enjoy reading your posts but of late your continual rants and critisism of HSV of got a bit tiring.

I didn't get involved .... but enjoyed watching the heated arguements.

Welcome back.

richo7502000
26-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Welcome back Graeme, I'm looking forward to the next stage in the HSV History tale..... So I am glad you could see past the haters to come back to enjoy the forum, and tell some more yarns!! It wouldn't be right to have a hideout, and to be hidden away somewhere!!!
Cheers
Richo

moray066
26-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Welcome back Graeme, looking forward to a detailed post on the current status of Actives Gen F GTS and the plans for that car.
Strict has been doing a great job keeping the thread going but obviously does not have the insight you have.
Again, good to have you back and looking forward to the new threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

R34
26-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Welcome back Grahame
Still getting my head around that it was a bitch with no style as I copped a lot from it via PM's.

But for me it wasn't necessarily about Sniper but a member of this forum being harrassed
I don't care if it was a long term member or a newbie as I just can't handle them being treated that way and will just dive in to help.
I probably made it worse but hey it turned out OK
Keeping an eye out for any aggressive newbies incase it's back under another name

HSVGTS125
26-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I have certainly missed a lot by the looks of things, I don't know what happened but it can't have been good.

Good to see you're on the forum, I sent you a PM earlier today as a lot of others probably have.
You have an unrivalled knowledge not only to the brand but to the people who made it all possible. That's as impressive as information and history can get. Welcome back

Vector
26-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Glad your back Sniper, your insights are very much appreciated, but as usual you only get feedback from the vocal minority.

I'm also glad the other party has gone, hopefully for good.

Back to the way it was, which was a very good forum.

I could say more but its all been said really, onwards and upwards.

Andrew_02
27-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Good to see the forum is back to normal whatever that is.
From day three of cape to cape or sand to mud and that's not normal. Margaret river.
Cheers andrew.

Mzsammi
27-10-2013, 08:15 AM
such love for mr sniper... now settle down folks his head will grow too much and explode and we wont have our very own hsv guru...:)

Sniper
02-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Post #379 in the "How far off is your Gen F" thread was a little hard to swallow but I copped it . . . although johnfhall certainly assessed it well first up!!
. . . But then there was your follow up post below

Obviously having a little crack at me Graeme............. we have differing opinions so be it................ we can't all be followers

I just don't feel the need the blow my own trumpet and like to fly under the radar a little ......... quite comfortable with my place in life and certainly don't need my arse kissed because of the vehicles I either own or have owned.

Personally I enjoy reading your posts but of late your continual rants and critisism of HSV of got a bit tiring.

Referring to other members on here with the condescending comment "arse kissed" is nothing short of humiliating for some and left me cold . . .

I never joined this forum to get my "arse kissed" as you suggest!!! . . . I joined this group to look and see what was going on then after some time chose to tell my story in the "Snipers Garage(s)" thread . . maybe I should have stopped there - but there is still so much more to tell and hopefully other members will continue to tell the HSV story from an historic point

I pondered my response for a week and came to the only logical conclusion . . and based on how this forum can be a really good place to enjoy . .. I feel that respect for 99.9% of the members and their thoughts must come before me and my thoughts and I never ever want anyone on here to be referred to as an "arse licker" or "arse kisser" ever again!

. . and with that said its time for Sniper to leave the forum for good . . . to all the great guys and girls on here , I wish you all the very best in your life journeys and hope you all continue to enjoy your cars and life as a whole

For any on here that feel they may want to contact me for any reason apart from the topic above . . . feel free to email me - graeme@dynamicautomotivegroup.com . .

Andrew_02
02-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Hi Graeme, thanks for your advice I will let you know if I have any luck in the coming months ref pm's
As for you leaving the forum I can't help but think this started with one clown and a few members
that voiced their opinion, that's okay we are all different, but in doing so used words that go against
the forum's policy, I'm sure most of us have thick skin but I can understand your valued input
started to turn into replying to emails that were an insult to many and the forum was getting nothing
from the posts. I just hope that all on this forum are here for the right reasons.
Thank you for your time and advice and hope on our next trip to Hobart we can catch up.
All the best regards Andrew and family

Drasius
02-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Well, that's a strong blow for the community here I feel, and a damn shame that it has turned out this way, but we certainly can't stop you (no matter how much we please apparently), so all I can do is wish you well and thank you both for the good advice given and stories shared.

RCBVFGTS
02-11-2013, 12:24 PM
:oThanks Graeme. Now I've got your number again I will stay in touch

Once again everyday in life I see a small number of idiots, ruin things for the large majority of decent people :mad::mad::mad:

rodders188
02-11-2013, 03:36 PM
:oThanks Graeme. Now I've got your number again I will stay in touch

Once again everyday in life I see a small number of idiots, ruin things for the large majority of decent people :mad::mad::mad:

Yea and I see everyday a bunch of brown noses who suck up to the boss

johnfhall
02-11-2013, 03:47 PM

How about some respect for your elders ... and that is NOT sucking up.

jkhsv
02-11-2013, 04:20 PM
It is a sad day losing Graeme to this Forum........I have learnt so much from Graeme's threads on here and I applaud him for sharing with such depth and passion.

The Forum will go on but I will miss his input, and it is a shame as he had so much more to share with us all and it was coming.

All the best Graeme..hope to have a beer or two with you on the GC and don't forget the W deal !!!! :D

RCBVFGTS
02-11-2013, 04:24 PM

Maybe if you actually knew Graeme outside of this forum and knew what he has done for people like you and me then you wouldn't be making such childish, immature, uniformed comments like you have.

I'm my own boss, I bow down to no one and I would love to see someone try and make me, however I do pay respect to those that deserve it and Graeme has always had that well before I came onto this site and realised who Sniper was.

I suggest you go and grow up and keep your comments to yourself.

Senator01
02-11-2013, 04:43 PM

Snipers gone so lets now see what knowledge and advice you can bring to the table.

moray066
02-11-2013, 05:06 PM
It's his choice to leave, if he has had enough of the bulls@it that has been going on then so be it. Was looking forward to the new threads, wish you all the best Graeme and if you do ever decide to return to the forum, you know you have the support of the majority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

HSV-105
02-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Post #379 in the "How far off is your Gen F" thread was a little hard to swallow but I copped it . . . although johnfhall certainly assessed it well first up!!
. . . But then there was your follow up post below

Referring to other members on here with the condescending comment "arse kissed" is nothing short of humiliating for some and left me cold . . .

I never joined this forum to get my "arse kissed" as you suggest!!! . . . I joined this group to look and see what was going on then after some time chose to tell my story in the "Snipers Garage(s)" thread . . maybe I should have stopped there - but there is still so much more to tell and hopefully other members will continue to tell the HSV story from an historic point

I pondered my response for a week and came to the only logical conclusion . . and based on how this forum can be a really good place to enjoy . .. I feel that respect for 99.9% of the members and their thoughts must come before me and my thoughts and I never ever want anyone on here to be referred to as an "arse licker" or "arse kisser" ever again!

. . and with that said its time for Sniper to leave the forum for good . . . to all the great guys and girls on here , I wish you all the very best in your life journeys and hope you all continue to enjoy your cars and life as a whole

For any on here that feel they may want to contact me for any reason apart from the topic above . . . feel free to email me - graeme@dynamicautomotivegroup.com . .

If I could send a bunch of flowers and box of tissues to an email address I would.

Both you and I know Graeme why you have pulled your head in of late and your continual rants against HSV have stopped.

Don't go using those that have chosen to differ in opinion as an excuse for being ' quietened '

Senator01
02-11-2013, 06:26 PM
If I could send a bunch of flowers and box of tissues to an email address I would.

Both you and I know Graeme why you have pulled your head in of late and your continual rants against HSV have stopped.

Don't go using those that have chosen to differ in opinion as an excuse for being ' quietened '

Yes .. most on here have opinion ... Graeme had Credibility.

bosscocky
03-11-2013, 06:28 AM
I looked back over a certain jnr members post, only 40 odd since 2011, and other than brag about how many cars he has/had, he hasn't contributed any knowledge of things HSV worth looking at and yet continues to attack a person who has probably forgotten more than said member will ever know. I hope he goes the same way as Styles.

GTS1877
03-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi Graeme I've long been an observer of this forum I've seen people agree and disagree, I guess its a part of life im sure you're wise enough to realise that this will occur for ever in a day. I've never really had much to say on the forum, and there is nothing I could say that hasn't already been said by many members here, plenty that you would know very well I guess. I've learnt so much from your insight, knowledge, contacts and insight, you have been an inspiration to many. I don't know you personally but I've always seeked you view I guess because you an Adelaide man, me from Port Lincoln which is where my 07GTS lives. Anyway if you wish to bow out from the forum then I wish you all the best it's just sad that you've made a dicision 'coz of a few idiots that just keep "Pecking away" at an admirable man.

Toxo492
03-11-2013, 04:01 PM
GTS1877,
Very well put, I totally agree. I hope Graeme has a nice holiday away and can then reconsider his position towards the forum.
Bob

Vector
03-11-2013, 04:46 PM
What a shame.

I hope the people responsible are pleased with themselves

Nitrate
03-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Graeme, I do wish you would change your mind, in I think you will at some time. Stuff everyone else with there opinions,... Mate people here appreciate your input and your experience when it comes to the the HSV brand. Please for all our sakes reconsider, this comes from a true dedicated believer and committed owner of HSV. Come on be a man, we can't see you not being involved, I'm asking you as a mate to rejoin us, please.....

R34
03-11-2013, 11:23 PM
I too was going to ask Grahame to reconsider his decision but after reading some of the replies by a couple of idiots all I can say is I don't blame him at all.
By some of the attitudes displayed by new members I think Styles is still here.

moray066
04-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Yep, can't blame the bloke for leaving, but if it's any conciliation, I've been called worse things then"arse licker" so it's water off a ducks back. Graeme, I'm sure most on here that have been jumping up and down in support of you would not take any offence to what some keyboard warrior says about it.
Styles called us all "co(ksuckers"
Hsv105 calls us "arse lickers"
Looks like all Snipers followers are a bunch of raging homosexuals! Lol
What next?

RedHotMike
04-11-2013, 09:24 AM

Ok... You don't like the guy and clearly disagree with him on many issues. No problem - that happens. You don't have to be a complete and utter arse about it and your post above smacks of an immature 17 yo school boy who hasn't yet grown up.

I didn't agree with some of Sniper's posts no his pessimism for the current HSV brand although many were bang on the money. I did value and enjoy 99% of the rest of his posts and sincerely hope he reconsiders and comes back soon.

VIP-427
04-11-2013, 02:17 PM
If we all got along the world would be a pretty boring place.... Both Sniper & HSV105 are big enough, ugly enough & at top of their game to know its going to take alot more then a few tounge in cheek jibes on the internet to fire them up. I'm sure Graeme will be lurking in the background from time to time.... after all, cars & in particular HSV's are his passion & passions just dont die off overnight.... & as for those giving it to HSV105 being a shit stirring new member, Well those that know him, know of his credintials & the fact that he couldn't really give two f@#ks of what the 'little' people think of him....... sorry, but i both know these guys will be reclining back into their office chairs Giggling to themselves about all this.
Now, can we all get back to discussing how we can all save a buck or two on a new GenF? :D Cheers.

Bomber
05-11-2013, 11:58 PM
And stop being arse kickers, ya co(ksuckers :sly:

RCBVFGTS
06-11-2013, 04:46 AM
And stop being arse kickers, ya co(ksuckers :sly:

Please reframe from using the keyboard whilst under the influence of drugs, alcohol or both as too suffering serious mental health issues.

You can seek help by calling Lifeline, AA, and your local public hospital's mental health facility.

Good luck and I hope you find the help and support you urgently require ASAP :)

Pickles
06-11-2013, 09:22 AM
If we all got along the world would be a pretty boring place.... Both Sniper & HSV105 are big enough, ugly enough & at top of their game to know its going to take alot more then a few tounge in cheek jibes on the internet to fire them up. I'm sure Graeme will be lurking in the background from time to time.... after all, cars & in particular HSV's are his passion & passions just dont die off overnight.... & as for those giving it to HSV105 being a shit stirring new member, Well those that know him, know of his credintials & the fact that he couldn't really give two f@#ks of what the 'little' people think of him....... sorry, but i both know these guys will be reclining back into their office chairs Giggling to themselves about all this.
Now, can we all get back to discussing how we can all save a buck or two on a new GenF? :D Cheers.
Spot On. Pickles.

03 Club
06-11-2013, 12:37 PM
I honestly think that those with so called credentials in their own right have missed the very important step of gaining the right respect of senior and junior members of this forum before jumping in to do very little other than waste time and hinder proper discussion. I am a 'junior member' on here, but at the end of the day I am a full grown man who does not wish to be belittled by so called superior HSV owners just because I agree or disagree with something that is said. To be frank, the people who have been identified as causing Sniper to bow out are the very reason I have not asked questions or commented on interesting debates.
I am left wondering if these same people would say the things they have said if we were all in a bar and were seven beers in?
I know that many 'men' have been full of lip until they have happened to run into me at my Dojang where I am a seasoned karate practitioner. The forum gives these kind of members balls that they wouldn't normally have and it is decidedly a cowardly act that lacks integrity to undermine, offend, and intentionally sidetrack one member for ones own satisfaction.
Quite simply, there is a way to respectfully disagree with someone. The way many have gone about disagreeing with Sniper on here would have very different outcomes if the argument were face to face. If the detractors wish to display their manhood for all to see, then let them enter a 'my di(k is bigger than yours' contest in their local area. But if they want those on here to know how well they're hung, the best way to do that is to offer constructive, helpful, cohesive and community minded responses and opinions.
... I learned that it grade 3.
Sniper has proven his status as a respected member with heaps to offer not by posting exclusively contentious comments but by contributing proactively to the community here and beyond. To the detractors who got what they wanted by seeing Graeme bow out ,try respectful, humble and well presented arguments (maybe even a helpful post every now and then) first and maybe then respect will be given.
As for me, I'm fine with just popping in to see if anyone has posted about Y series Clubsports. I'd like to be more involved, but yeah, don't really see the point with the ridiculous 40 year old adolescents trolling about to tear down others.

johnfhall
06-11-2013, 01:31 PM
... To the detractors who got what they wanted by seeing Graeme bow out, try respectful, humble and well presented arguments (maybe even a helpful post every now and then) first and maybe then respect will be given.
... I'd like to be more involved, but yeah, don't really see the point with the ridiculous 40 year old adolescents trolling about to tear down others.
+1
Well spoken - a reasonable approach, and hopefully it will sink in to the less enlightened that we're here to enjoy our interests, not belittle others.

Janz
06-11-2013, 07:57 PM
keyboard warriors mate :(

its funny how people don't understand the concept of earning respect

Senator01
06-11-2013, 08:59 PM
To add some levity, and knowing Graeme won't mind .... I say 'we need ya Stewie'!!

For those who are yet to make his acquaintance ... Hold onto your nether regions ...

Bomber
07-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Please reframe from using the keyboard whilst under the influence of drugs, alcohol or both as too suffering serious mental health issues.

You can seek help by calling Lifeline, AA, and your local public hospital's mental health facility.

Good luck and I hope you find the help and support you urgently require ASAP :)
Don't take life so seriously, you'll never get out alive!

jkhsv
10-12-2013, 08:48 AM
How quiet is it without Graeme around ???

Andrew_02
10-12-2013, 12:40 PM
um yes no offence here but so many of the same old stuff and little new and interesting posts
less a couple of great car builds
I recall a lot of talk before things turned pear shaped that seems to be playing out now.
with holden in the news here and in the states, with a neat looking turbo 4cyl and small but powerfull V8
ford due in just over 12 months. I hope the fed govt saves holden, my reasons are very different and little
to do with holden more because Australia needs skilled workers that have the know how to make vehicles

my rant as a good holden and hsv customer, when I wanted to trade again it was no way I needed 10-15k more, now I see
new granges for 84$ DA and they are not selling. it would seem a loyal customer at times is more like a sucker
and its more luck when you walk in prepared to sign a contract. I know if I have something good on offer at work I talk to my better/harder workers first I don't just leave something on the table at mornos so to speak.
cheers

richo7502000
10-12-2013, 05:26 PM
How quiet is it without Graeme around ???

I think its NOT just cause Graeme's not here, for me its a bit of disappointment that keyboard hero's have wrecked the feel of the place a bit... but anyhow!!!

Strick
10-12-2013, 07:43 PM
i agree, hopefully the forum will kick back into life

VX15ANNIV
10-12-2013, 07:47 PM
I think its NOT just cause Graeme's not here, for me its a bit of disappointment that keyboard hero's have wrecked the feel of the place a bit... but anyhow!!!

Spot on richo...many have come and gone over the years but I will say GR is definitely missed, the feel and politics of this forum have changed over the years...but anyhow!!!

Brett240
10-12-2013, 10:43 PM
I nearly started up a topic called 'its quiet in here'. The forum is now basically dead.

bosscocky
11-12-2013, 07:57 AM
I was thinking the same thing......

white_lie
11-12-2013, 11:18 AM
It's not only quiet without him around, but those that drove him away don't even put in their 2 cents either. Guess they only wanted one thing...

03 Club
11-12-2013, 12:42 PM
It's not only quiet without him around, but those that drove him away don't even put in their 2 cents either. Guess they only wanted one thing...

So it seemed to me that some knew the identity of the little boys and girls who chose to behave in the manner that saw Graeme shut down his monitor and go outside for some fresh air.

In the event some do know these people, how about following them up and inviting them to take their coveted place at the head of the table? It's where they wanted to be, surely.

Alternatively, how about having a conversation with these people about accountability and taking responsibility? I've personally not received any 'PM's' from these boys and girls, but yeah if they would like a conversation about how their behavior was unacceptable then I and I'm sure others on here would be happy to dish out some therapy.

But yes, these people need to be respectfully schooled on the finer points of integrity, accountability, owning behaviors and cleaning up after themselves.

They are welcome back, should they choose to show some humility and return without the bravado and complete and utter false sense of entitlement they displayed last time.

So those of us that know their identity, how about we man/woman up and hold them to account?

R34
11-12-2013, 03:03 PM
And I thought it was just me who thought this way but I agree with the previous few posters

The forum is dead just how HSV wanted it to be

R34
11-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Anyway what does it matter now?
With Holden closing in 2017 does anyone want to order a Malibu GTS or a Tata R8 ?

03 Club
11-12-2013, 03:55 PM
With Holden closing in 2017 does anyone want to order a Malibu GTS or a Tata R8 ?

A Barina SSR would be the bomb! :eek:

Andrew_02
11-12-2013, 04:51 PM
no point in looking for people with multiple forum names using the same IP addresses although the forum
did start to push boundaries or its own rules/some of which are also law outside of the forum
many members would know that from their uniformed jobs.
knowing where a few of our now missing posters work is a bit sad, but the posts about 109k to 96k for a gts was one of many things
that upset a few people you can work that one out, knowing who does what for a job starts to put
the picture together. trade in prices quoted did not look good either, nothing wrong with posting those details though....
anyway with all the knowledge on this forum now//

what USA cars are we likely to start to see in the next couple of years as we test our replacement large cars/V8s???
I'm just not a two door type person the holden and caprice style cars are great for what Aussies want well some anyway
not forgetting the ute.

might start a new thread on that!
cheers

white_lie
11-12-2013, 05:01 PM
As disappointing as it is, the writing has been on the wall for a long time. Only a matter of time before the handouts/bailouts dried up. Bring on the `vettes or Camaro's I say!

bosscocky
11-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Humor me....I ask 'cause I don't know, and after all I' am an old fart, but what will HSV do when Holden closes ? Do up Toyotas ? or will Toyota follow Ford and Holden.

mickwebs
11-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Toyota will follow no critical mass

FollowTheSapper
11-12-2013, 06:20 PM

Seen a cruise with GT hockey stick stripe today! Maybe a sign of things to come :p

Andrew_02
11-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Humor me....I ask 'cause I don't know, and after all I' am an old fart, but what will HSV do when Holden closes ? Do up Toyotas ? or will Toyota follow Ford and Holden.
My guess and it is a guess and I know other forum members can answer this question but
the same as ford we will still have holden car yards but many will close perth lost one of its bigger ford yards
owing a few dollars about one week ago.
holden will ship in a large car from the states I can't see how hsv could still do what it does today
it would be a very tight market and with a new car few parts would fit plus,,, most of the after market parts
makers would all go, so my guess is the smaller walkinshaw and performance workshops would actually do heaps
better. I just hope we get an up to date engine, the most recent LS 9 whatever it is.
how funny will that be seeing mustangs and corvettes will we get left hand side indicators, that is half arsed
right hand drive cars. I don't even know what the usa make in performance four door V8.
I have noticed some real price drops on hsv but im sure that was coming as an unofficial EOY to move stock
or should I say big loans. cheers

R34
12-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Well I know there are 2900 people who won't be able to buy a new Holden import
Not to mention quite a few in Geelong who won't be able to buy a new ford.
Sad day for the workers for sure

Nitrate
12-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Well hope this is not directed at me in anyway, I have stated several times I have the utmost respect for Graeme (aka Sniper). Although we didn't always agree, his opinions were always accepted and thought about by me. If other opinion don't count then what's the use of the forum? I am definitely comfortable with who I am and what I say, if others disagree than so be it. No skin off my nose.....
At the end of the day, agree the forum isn't the same without the (good) old fella, hope to see him back one day. If you read this Graeme, would love to hear about your new 'Nitrate' GTS. Life is too short my friend to be worried about what other's think or more importantly what they think about you. Anyway here's hoping.....

Andrew_02
12-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Mate not agreeing is part of what makes this forum good no one is right every time .
As for that actual gts order i believe it was down to too far past the promised date for a 13 plate.
Cheers andrew.

Aussie Revhead
12-12-2013, 05:05 PM
wow i'v missed alot :/

white_lie
12-12-2013, 10:56 PM
No, it wasn't aimed at you Nitrate. You, like Graeme, have a valuable input of knowledge in to this place. Whilst I know you two had your disagreements, I don't believe you were a contributing factor for him taking a break.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

Audi
13-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Graeme is a champ. Although im a bit disapointed he let a few fkrs get to him so much.

Nitrate
13-12-2013, 07:25 AM
No, it wasn't aimed at you Nitrate. You, like Graeme, have a valuable input of knowledge in to this place. Whilst I know you two had your disagreements, I don't believe you were a contributing factor for him taking a break.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4
OK well that's reassuring, I have often wondered though.....

RCBVFGTS
13-12-2013, 08:15 AM
I'm hoping sooner than later Graeme reappears because at this time we find ourselves in you can bet your Holden's Graeme has some inside information as to what we will have here after 2017 vehicle wise.

I just hope to Christ it's not a Malibu, Impala or Buick we are thrown as a family sedan

Audi
13-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Impala isn't that bad is it? Seems a hell of a lot better than the base vf.

RCBVFGTS
13-12-2013, 09:47 AM
I thought it too was front wheel drive like the Impala????

white_lie
13-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Surely they'd bring in a Caddy or something half decent in place of the Statesman?

Nitrate
13-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Surely they'd bring in a Caddy or something half decent in place of the Statesman?
I read an article whilst in the states, Caddy CTS is a growing success there. They are also in the process of setting up a manufacturing plant for the Caddy in China, surprise, surprise and who is moving there in the new year? If I was a betting man it will be the CTS and CTS-V badged as a Holden, but lets all wait and see :)

Nitrate
13-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Here's a snippet from the article.....

Those Chinese Cadillacs are unlikely to be sold here
One more thing to be clear about: While it's possible that some of the Cadillacs produced in China will be exported, it's very unlikely that they would ever be sent to the U.S. GM currently builds the ATS and CTS at a very modern factory in Lansing, Michigan. Those are the cars sold to Americans, and that's unlikely to change any time soon.

RCBVFGTS
13-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Ben, just what is the Cadillac like size wise mate? Is it the same size inside as a current Commodore? Will it take 5 adults comfortably?

Nitrate
13-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Ben, just what is the Cadillac like size wise mate? Is it the same size inside as a current Commodore? Will it take 5 adults comfortably?
Have a look at this, should contain what you are asking....
http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/cadillac/cts/2014-cts/

Also note CTS-V forced induction model release 2015!

Now there is lots of speculation, what I have said here is just IMO, reasons:

Mike D moving to Shanghai
GM expanding Caddy range for China market and Export, I believe they are already or planning middle east exports, we have been part of that in the past.
Australians still want a four door sedan and wagon, may even get a coupe if caddy comes here!
We being HSV owners still want a series of performance cars, not sure where Camaro and Vette really sit in the demands department, although we will need something to compete with the Mustang.
V8 super cars, GM is building the Caddy purely to compete with the Euro's, leads me to believe we will still have a 4 door V8 Super Car to compete....
GM's future roadmap for the Caddy (right hand drive) announced sometime ago
http://www.carscoops.com/2012/01/cadillac-refocuses-on-global-markets-is.html (http://www.carscoops.com/2012/01/cadillac-refocuses-on-global-markets-is.html)

Anyway as I have said just IMO, I think we should put the past behind us now, some very exciting times and cars coming, its not all bad. I do however feel sorry for the Holden, Ford, Mitsubishi and maybe even soon to be Toyota workers. But worse things can happen I guess....

RCBVFGTS
13-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Yes I'm looking forward to the times ahead. What disappoints me is that I like to share things with my family as my parents did with me. The dream to take your wife and two children cruising will now be harder in a sports car as they will be probably 2 door i.e. Camaro or Corvette and/or mid sized cars. What could be better than the family cruising a fine sunny day in the GTS.

Lets just hope GM keep the Chevy SS alive and it becomes AWD with a twin turbo V8 :D

Andrew_02
13-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Buy a new 2016 Chev and get a free VF series 3!!

A modified Caprice mule has already been photographed.
so many options seen on the GM website, HSV engines could be twin turbo V6 I know for a fact we
were looking at that option 15 years ago and it's a popular engine in many cars now.
V8 S/C, we have been given a raw deal really due to being small, remote and R/H drive.
GMH operate/d in about 36 countries in some form.

We will have a great large four door rwd or awd car with well over 300kw that must be a given
they are already being made in rhdrive now.

Something I'm not sure on as much as I don't mind ford, will ford be able to get this type of car into
Australia a year before holden.

It will be interesting to see a series three VF's for sale with a Chev / one of about five GMH models
available at the same time, :p

white_lie
13-12-2013, 06:00 PM
You'd still fit the two kids in a Camaro, not sure big blokes though!

If Graeme is right on Holden finishing up sooner rather than later, will we even see a series 2 VF?

RCBVFGTS
13-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Buy a new 2016 Chev and get a free VF series 3!!

A modified Caprice mule has already been photographed.
so many options seen on the GM website, HSV engines could be twin turbo V6 I know for a fact we
were looking at that option 15 years ago and it's a popular engine in many cars now.
V8 S/C, we have been given a raw deal really due to being small, remote and R/H drive.
GMH operate/d in about 36 countries in some form.

We will have a great large four door rwd or awd car with well over 300kw that must be a given
they are already being made in rhdrive now.

Something I'm not sure on as much as I don't mind ford, will ford be able to get this type of car into
Australia a year before holden.

It will be interesting to see a series three VF's for sale with a Chev / one of about five GMH models
available at the same time, :p

We can only hope Andrew. It doesn't make sense to me for GM not to produce a RWD/AWD family sedan such as the Commodore given its popularity in North America and the Middle East with a good V8 even TT. Time will tell I guess. If not there are other manufacturers out there that currently do and will reap the rewards.

RedHotMike
15-12-2013, 05:35 PM
My personal opinion is that as time marches on there is a higher and higher chance that LHD vehicles will be able to sold as mainstream in Aus. It's already happening in UK and I feel it's inevitable here.

That would open *massive* opportunities with the likes of HSV being a niche importer of a mirriad of GM vehicles from NA. Camaro & Corvette would be right up HSV's alley, not to mention the trucks & Surburban range.

Now that would make life interesting :)

Bomber
15-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Dibs on Dodge Ram SRT10 😁

Audi
15-12-2013, 08:38 PM
My personal opinion is that as time marches on there is a higher and higher chance that LHD vehicles will be able to sold as mainstream in Aus. It's already happening in UK and I feel it's inevitable

No way I can see this happening TBH .

RedHotMike
15-12-2013, 09:13 PM
No way I can see this happening TBH .

DOTARS have been under pressure for a long time to let it happen. I'd suspect that the big manufacturers would step up the pressure, particularly the big 3 in USA.

richo7502000
16-12-2013, 12:28 PM
http://www.news.com.au/national/the-2017-holden-commodore-will-be-made-in-china/story-fncynjr2-1226783057648

It looks like we will have a really rubbish Commodore once 2017 hits :(

moray066
16-12-2013, 01:14 PM
http://www.news.com.au/national/the-2017-holden-commodore-will-be-made-in-china/story-fncynjr2-1226783057648

I wonder what "proving documents" they have?

RCBVFGTS
16-12-2013, 02:06 PM
This is the same story (it's identical word for word) that Josh Dowling reported on Friday but it went AWOL within hours. Ben will be pleased to see it

03 Club
16-12-2013, 02:18 PM
... and from reading the story, I think it's fair to say that it won't be a commodore at all but something they will just 'call' a commodore.
How moronic is that comment from the 'Holden insider' saying that it's easier to explain what's different about a product people already know than to introduce a whole new product? That's pretty arrogant. Wheel out a four cylinder front wheel drive and say 'Behold! The new commodore...' then go on to tell the customer how unlike a commodore it is and how exactly like a Cruze it really is.
I will drive my clubby till it drives no more, and then I will be looking into another brand entirely I'm afraid. If Holden expect we the people to buy a product that is not what that product actually represents to us, then we're the fools for listening. As far as I'm concerned, if they say it's a commodore, the first thing that is non-negotiable is V6, RWD with a S or an SS option available three cars further down the yard. If it doesn't have those things, it's not a commodore.

Al3
16-12-2013, 06:42 PM

God that is just gutter journalism. So apparently an Audi A7 magically transform into the new Buick.

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2011-audi-a7_100317223_l.jpg

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2013/12/14/1226783/059031-eddc7b46-63cb-11e3-be16-1445237cc09f.jpg

Keep it up news.com and dowling...

richo7502000
16-12-2013, 10:13 PM
God that is just gutter journalism. So apparently an Audi A7 magically transform into the new Buick.

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2013/12/14/1226783/059031-eddc7b46-63cb-11e3-be16-1445237cc09f.jpg

Wow!!!! great find I am impressed!!!

Nitrate
17-12-2013, 08:40 AM

Well done Al3, just further confirmation that this article stinks with inaccuracy......
Was starting to think I was on my own over the weekend :)

Nath
17-12-2013, 04:29 PM
^^ hahahahaha @ above p'shop!

Sniper
05-01-2014, 05:34 AM

Well, that's just the sort of reply that I'd expect from someone that was born with a silver spoon in his mouth . . .

Let me give it to you straight. . . . I face life head on and take no prisoners . . . if there is something to say well you get it . . . there is no one at Clayton that "man enough" to "QUIETEN" me girly . . . and that's a fact

The reality is Ron owns and runs his forum the way he wants too . . . and how he does it is pretty good but I do not agree 100% with his policies and the restraints he places on the Moderators . . . I can choose to hake it or leave it - my choice

You can get on here and call members arse lickers and he lets that go - I disagree . . . so I go . . . and when I feel like it - every few months I may return - or NOT . . . that my farking choice . . . and by the look of what I have seen on the forum this morning all is pretty good and I see no need for me to interact at the risk of fark wits like you pissing me or others off . .

Janz
05-01-2014, 02:43 PM
good to see you back mate :)

VX15ANNIV
05-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Know doubt this is a very sponsored forum now days GR, I just hope he does not forget its the members that made this forum and him a tidy sum of sponsorship.

bosscocky
06-01-2014, 08:06 AM
I hope Sniper does drop in now and then......like him or not, most of what he posted...and was crucified for..... has proven to be true. I would rather hear the real state of play from someone with inside info than the bs put out by GM America.....remember the old saying " Don't shoot the messenger ".

adr8
06-01-2014, 02:14 PM
I hope Sniper does drop in now and then......like him or not, most of what he posted...and was crucified for..... has proven to be true. I would rather hear the real state of play from someone with inside info than the bs put out by GM America.....remember the old saying " Don't shoot the messenger ".

+1, also recommend anyone who hasn't read the Snipers Garage thread do yourself a favor and read it, best thread on the forum.

Craigu
21-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Hope sniper is still around . Because any help from this mans threads would be a great help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew_02
21-09-2017, 07:30 PM
A few updates and ideas would be nice now, I recon give it a few months and some (rough) facts on 16/17 stock
and what's up next will start. For now just a lot of nothing and get price! O and all those lucky people jumping in
GTSR's and W1's. Cheers My guess with what we will get is power to weight ratio will be okay and lots of gears
as we already read 9 speed AWD.
I'm interested in the post about LCT etc now the end of our Motor industry, at least as we know it now, nears. How long will it take the Fed to act? Will dealers push or run with what they have? The German built dealers should be keen to peddle that cart.