PDA

View Full Version : Which One Would You Buy

FollowTheSapper
11-09-2013, 04:49 PM
So will hopefully be back in Aus within the next month and am currently looking at an E3 GTS or E3 Black Edition

Hopefully the car will be a long term investment (have said that about previous 2 clubsports) so need some advice. I like the Black Edition due to its low production numbers but is it just another clubsport? And the GTS has prestige, all the gadgets including 6 pots and extra power but it's not very unique.

Both cars are roughly the same price ($55,000 mark) Black Edition has less Kms. The car will be a Weekend car and it may see the odd track day with HSVOC (have been saying that for the last 6yrs).

All opinions and questions welcome!

Cbegnell
11-09-2013, 05:11 PM
My suggestion is just buy a new GTS I'll look after you lol.....

However in all seriousness, I'd go with the GTS over the black edition. Better brakes and suspension, for track days and for the weekend drive.

FollowTheSapper
11-09-2013, 05:34 PM
My suggestion is just buy a new GTS I'll look after you lol.....

By "I'll look after you" I take that as you will match the new GTS at the $55,000 I was looking at spending :D

If only the Government payed it's employees that well!

Thanks

Cbegnell
12-09-2013, 08:42 AM
By "I'll look after you" I take that as you will match the new GTS at the $55,000 I was looking at spending :D

If only the Government payed it's employees that well!

Thanks

If I could sell one for $55 I would have two in my garage lol.....

Strick
12-09-2013, 02:06 PM
I voted for the GTS. As it has all the upgraded equipment to make it better. However i will say, if you plan on any mods at all the usuals are OTR/tune/exhaust then coil overs then brakes or what ever order. So if your going to do that buy which ever one you like the look of more!!

FollowTheSapper
12-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Thanks Strick,

I am starting to side towards a GTS. To be honest I probably wont touch the suspension or brakes in the GTS whereas the Black Edition I would. As for other mods it will be OTR CAI (VCM), exhaust but keeping bi modal and a ripshifter. Have already contacted Sonny at Autowerks and got prices including tune.
Looks department I like the matt black on white of the Black Edition but not the biggest fan of the vector scoops. So blacking out parts on the GTS will probably be easier to achieve the look I want.

Anymore opinions or views welcome

Angeldust
14-09-2013, 10:57 AM
i voted GTS.. but if you want an investment, find a either W427 (wait a little bit longer for prices to drop), or a VZ GTO coupe

FollowTheSapper
14-09-2013, 03:43 PM
I had a VZ clubby before I came overseas and loved it. Was considering a VZ GTO LE but $60,000. not sure if prices will drop again or continue to rise.

VIP-427
14-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Set yourself apart from the rest... My opinion, go the black edition, I love them in white & that one from Teckno Motorsport is a knock out! There's a low k one on car sales at the moment that the guy has babied but sounds like he has to let go... That what you want! I tried to buy a white black edition Maloo with 600klm on it for fifty cash & the guy just laughed.... 2 months on & the cars still for sale!!! What's wrong with guys that sell these types of cars these days... Are they needy & just like to feel wanted or something??

FollowTheSapper
15-09-2013, 02:39 AM
That is exactly the Black Edition I am looking at. Have sent an Email to the guy already. Problem is i am still about a month away from getting home and I dont know if he will hold it that long. The GTS i am looking at is in the same area so I hopefully will go down on a weekend with the info I pick up here and make an informed decision on which one will be coming home with me.

FollowTheSapper
23-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks for everyones comments and votes. The GTS has it! More Kms then the Black Edition but still under 30,000km. cannot walk away from the GTS which came in $6000 cheaper and the fact the Black Edition had sold before I got back to OZ. Pick up Sunday, Pic up very soon after!