PDA

View Full Version : 2013 HSV Clubsport Sterio System

Addog01
19-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Hi there people can anyone help?

I have taken my new 2013 HSV VE clubsport to the local sterio installers and they have changed my front speakers to new 6.5inch splits my rear door speakers to new 2way 6.5inch speakers and installed a new Alpine didgital Amp located in the boot to run all the speakers. These are all running of the standard head unit as i didnt want to change it.

When i arrived to pick the car up they told me the 2 x 8inch subs on the back parcel shelf which are stock and connected to the stock amp near the rear battery have stopped working for some reason. They are not sure why and are going to investigate more with other installers to see why?

Has this happened to anyone , or does anyone know why this could have happened? Apaarantly it may have something to do with the rear speakers in the rear doors?

Also is it possible to upgrade the stock amp running the subs to a better and more powerful amp to get better sound? Ive also been told to upgrade to the 8inch pioneer subs that fit in the same holes for better sound is it true?

Please Help is you know much about it?

Thanks heaps!

Bomber
19-07-2013, 07:36 PM
The subs are connected to the headunit via the "rear" outputs. Therefore, when the installer re-routed to the new amp, the old amp now doesn't have any signal.

For what it's worth, replacing 8" subs with 8" subs is not the best bang for buck. A single 12" sub has more surface area, therefore displaces more air.

gto461
19-07-2013, 09:39 PM
buy another alpine amp and a quality 10-12 inch sub in a quality enclosure and lose the stock stuff altogether is what i would do.....oh and chuck in a bit-10 digital processor, they rock

Addog01
04-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks mate much appreciated!