PDA

View Full Version : LS1 Rattles A concerned owner

Richo
15-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Have heard of some LS1 motors being completly replaced due to rattles and other issues. Is this an ongoing issue or has it been rectified. If not what am I looking out for? Has anybody had first hand experince with this?

I own VY series 2 Clubsport built September 2003.

ozemuscle1
15-05-2004, 02:34 PM
these problems are generally ***ociated with the VTII and VXI series, when the GenIII was new. the most common issue with the GenIII is oil usage, and this can lead to the oil running out causing some nasty things. be sure that you have enough, and you should be right.

Richo
15-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Thankyou ozemuscle1 makes feel releived. Will watch the oil and enjoy my vehicle
Richo

sonnymad
26-08-2004, 01:13 AM
these problems are generally ***ociated with the VTII and VXI series, when the GenIII was new. the most common issue with the GenIII is oil usage, and this can lead to the oil running out causing some nasty things. be sure that you have enough, and you should be right.

thats not necessraily correct as VT 1 had oil pressure problems,VT II they got it right,its wen vx started they went backwards and even all the way to vy i know of heaps of ppl with vy hsv's that have engine changes or rebuilds due to engine rattle and oil consumption,at the end of the day they are a niosy motor and use oil,if you can live with that own one,the key to reduce engine niose and oil consumption is warm them up before you drive off *** they have loose piston to bore clearances,warming them up helps take up the clearance as the piston expands and takes up the clearance

-HSV-
26-08-2004, 11:07 AM

thats not necessraily correct as VT 1 had oil pressure problems,VT II they got it right,its wen vx started they went backwards and even all the way to vy i know of heaps of ppl with vy hsv's that have engine changes or rebuilds due to engine rattle and oil consumption,at the end of the day they are a niosy motor and use oil,if you can live with that own one,the key to reduce engine niose and oil consumption is warm them up before you drive off *** they have loose piston to bore clearances,warming them up helps take up the clearance as the piston expands and takes up the clearance

g'day, welcome to the forums.

just letting you know that ozemuscle1 said about the VTII and not the series I becuase the VTI had a 5lt not the genIII. so i cant see what you mean about the VTI having oil pressure problems when the talk is of the genIII not the 5lt. gee that was confusing but hope you understand.