PDA

View Full Version : Car Bra's are they worthwhile

Richo
13-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Considering poping a car bra on my HSV. Are they worthwhile? Can they stay on perminantly? And do they protect the duco as they say they do? My feeling is they may tend to sweat and do the duco more harm then good?

Anybody with expeirance on this one? :roll:

SirHSV
19-05-2004, 05:31 PM
I have one for the Monaro I only use it for long distance trips even though the bra is well made I wouldn’t drive around with the bra on all the time, it could start rubbing on the duco with time. Give the area a good polish before applying the car bra to the vehicle. I drive up to Queensland a lot and I always use the bra its perfect and easy to fit.
Give these guys a call very friendly and can send to anywhere in Australia try www.carbra.com.au their in Melbourne...

Car-Bra Australia
PO Box 277 Reservoir VIC 3073
ph: (03) 9469 5366

vso95
05-04-2005, 08:54 PM
the longest the should stay on is 12hrs per driving time ( sitting in the heat) because the do sweat and stick to the duco (not good)
great for distance driving, i got one from car bra aust and love it great fit and easy

scotty
23-05-2005, 10:58 PM
does anybody know anything about the clear contact car bras

murph_fan51
12-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Is that the small ones Holden can fit while in production? It only covers about 1/10th of the front of the bonnet.

scotty
12-03-2006, 08:56 PM
nah its like a thick contact

GTS215
17-03-2006, 10:27 AM
I would recommend a car bra, more for the longer highway driving rather than city traffic. They can rub so i wouldnt leave it on but certainyl a worthy investment which will save you $$$ for a bonnet respray.

murph_fan51
18-03-2006, 06:53 PM
The only downside is the appearance. I saw one on a Devil Yellow Monaro CV8 recently, and it sort of ruined the look. But it does definately look after the paint against stones and that. Worthwhile travelling in long distance trips, especially if you're caught behind a truck!

GTS2
21-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Hey Fellas I got a VY Car Bra off my VY GTS COUPE prolly wont use it so if someone wants to buy one...?? its almost new..
Marty

osv193
22-12-2006, 05:07 PM
I was given my car bra when i bought my Walky and only use it on long trips. Wouldn't leave it on for more than 24hrs-also you can't check the oil/water without kneeling down and unclipping the bottom clips first.Must say the new coloured ones look better than the old black ones.Heres a pic of my Walky with its car bra on. http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i244/oma72/blow%20ups/scan0023.jpg

hsvclub90
27-12-2006, 09:41 PM
how much is a new one from car bra worth?

DTHSV
16-01-2007, 11:17 PM
I brought one for my car for long trips and there worth every penny. Get onto carbra australia.

GTS1313
04-07-2009, 12:48 PM
does anybody know anything about the clear contact car bras

Scotty - I have had an Invisible Car Bra fitted to my GTS.....most people won't even know its there. ;)
Covers 400 mm up the bonnet. Had the whole front bar, mirrors, bonnet, and rear boot lip done for $700.
As I say can't see it but does not chip or scratch. Just polish over it like you do the rest of the paint work.
100% UV proof and I'm told was developed for use on US fighter jets and the like.
I can PM you the guys name and number in Melbourne if anyone is interested.

Corry
07-07-2009, 07:26 PM
I got a colour coded one for my Senator when I got it. The only thing I regret is not using it more. Probably a pain if you are going away on the weekend and you have to wash the car first prior to putting it on.
Mine saved me first trip on the freeway north of Brissie when the car in front run over the top of a flattened fridge box, it lifted and smacked the car on the passenger front. Not a mark at all.
Got mine from Car Bra Aust, I rang them the first time I used it and asked about how it is in rain (as it was raining) and they told me to just put it on and leave it. I wouldn't leave it on full time, you can get rocks that come down from the windscreen and get caught in the top of them, they could rub.
Overall, wouldn't be without one.

Cheers
Corry

Bigdog1971
16-12-2010, 09:49 AM
For those asking the price. I was just quoted for a Voodoo blue one $473 shipped for a VE GTS.
Ordering it now.

HSV MAX
16-12-2010, 12:24 PM
I used a Car Bra for years on my Vt Clubbie, the only problem i found is if its on for longer than a day small bits of grit work under the top edge and sit on the paint also no matter how it was fitted it always left rub marks on the front guards.
When i use mine now i tape the area with 24mm black tape to stop the rub marks.
Mine being a VT i also found that if you unfortunatly scrub the underside of your front bar on a gutter or nazi speed hump the car bra tends to get pulled under the front bar.
I dont use mine anymore, id rather get the front resprayed every few years

bradv21
04-04-2011, 01:18 PM
For those asking the price. I was just quoted for a Voodoo blue one $473 shipped for a VE GTS.
Ordering it now.

Where did you find a Voodoo blue one?
I am looking at getting one for my Voodoo SSV but can't find anyone doing them in that colour.