PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading factory head unit in WK Grange

Tizzle
09-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Hey guys I want upgrade the factory head unit in the grange with a double din DVD unit. My question is are there any units out there that will allow me to still retain the separate channel for the factory DVD player and headrest screens. I still want to be able to play music in the front whilst my daughter watches her DVDs in the back with her headphones on.

Has anyone done this already?

Cheers

Tony.

grange250
11-06-2013, 05:20 PM
I don't know what a double din DVD unit is but you can play music (front) and play DVD (back) now. DVD in the back player and music from the front. Only done it once, rarely have anyone in the back. Tried it when I picked up after market headphones - mine had "walked" but I didn't know when.

<andy9>
11-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Double din is a 6.5" or 7" screen that's mounted not a fold away unit if that makes sense. I don't know why you would want to change headunit in a grange IMO they look crap without the factory one. But to your question Some headunits have rear channels for dvd screen and stuff that could maybe be integrated to your factory rear screens.

Tizzle
11-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Wanted to change more so to get built in blue tooth etc and better options for upgrading the rest of the system down the track.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

<andy9>
11-06-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm getting Greg from asr to do his aux and 4 channel mods so I can run amps from the factory headunit and play my iPod. Something to look at. Alot cheaper than a new headunit.

<andy9>
11-06-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm getting Greg from asr to do his aux and 4 channel mods so I can run amps from the factory headunit and play my iPod. Something to look at. Alot cheaper than a new headunit.

Tizzle
11-06-2013, 09:49 PM
That sounds the goods. Got any more info?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

<andy9>
11-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Check out there website http://www.asr-audio.com.au/ I'm getting mine done shortly.