PDA

View Full Version : HSV VF - Now

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Sniper
10-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Rather than ambush other threads or go back over this versus that I have my thoughts on where the w**** Holden/HSV post june 2013 will go. . . . and whether I am right or wrong here are my thoughts going forward

With the Calais V now out there and the SSV due next sunday in its Chevy SS form we will be able to see where the General is going . . . and where they want to take HSV

So with that I need to paint a picture that has Global roots - as the VF will be sold in China (built there too) Brazil, Nw Zealand and the USA . . . with the USA being the target market

HSV is (in volume percentage terms) hugely important to the OZ & NZ Market . . . but not really that important elsewhere although the UK will take a few and hope like hell it sells well but it will be too expensive . . .

The VF has taken a very Euro look at the front - see the Opel Sedans and a US look at the rear with a interior that has a very Cadilac/Japanese look . . . the Tech is good but HSV will need more Tech to justify itself . . . and you may see some of the sweet stuff that HSV will be using in the Chevy! . . . but apart from that the nuts and bolts of the VF are still very much VE - albeit a major makeover . . .and with the VF not needing a huge Ch***is development and Brake development spend due to the carryover componentry and fair bit of time has been spent on Interior Tech . . . I just hope that what I hear actually makes it into the car

As for anyone thinking that Holden?HSV will drip feed us with goodies over the models life - thats not where they are . . . they need the VF to be at its very best Spec from day one!!!!

Holden have told HSV how it is going to be about 4 years ago . . . its been a long process for Holden to bring the VF to the market and all the Fishermans Bend Departments have been working in parallel on it - especially Sales & Marketing as they are ultimately resposible for the cars sales success - or total success

. . . and with that said, the VF HSV will be the most competitively priced car to leave Clayton ever - and Holden are calling the shots - they have set the specs, signed off on the design and set the priing . . . and HSV have been told to make it happen - I expect HSV's profits to be far less than ever . . . and rightly so as I am sick to death of hearing about all the "Wastage" at Clayton and especially the behaviour of the KId!!!!

So for thse guys and ****s on here that watch HSV like I do . . . get ready fo an interesting year

SV300
10-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Well that all sounds great for the VF buyers but might hurt the current VE purchasers..

Anyway goods news for me as I will be buying end if this year..

J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senator01
10-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Interior Tech . . . I just hope that what I hear actually makes it into the car

. . . and with that said, the VF HSV will be the most competitively priced car to leave Clayton ever - and Holden are calling the shots -

Interesting comments Graeme ... firstly .. what additional tech is it that you are talking about? And secondly, with your 'Holden are calling the shots - they have set the specs' comment. Does this imply a more conservative direction from Holden/HSV ... or a more aggresive stance to bring a greater differentiation between the two?

I do so hope that we see a return to 'something special' so the statement 'I just want one' means something again ...

I personnally am looking forward to mid 2014 ... a Senator back in the garage.

Sniper
10-02-2013, 08:30 PM
what additional tech is it that you are talking about? And secondly, with your 'Holden are calling the shots - they have set the specs' comment. Does this imply a more conservative direction from Holden/HSV ... or a more aggresive stance to bring a greater differentiation between the two?

Things changed when Mark Ruess arrived at Fishermans Bend . . . he had no money to work with . . . plenty of lazy ****heads running the show and a product portfolio that was at best ordinary!!!

. . . and HSV was floundering under the management of Hardimg and his less than impressive marketing/Sales department . . . and that was when Ruess started to get a plan in place . . . .

He went on the warpath and Holden fans will reap the rewards of this over the next 4 years . . . complacancy was running Holden . . . the Holden Management before Reuss arrived thought the brand would carry them through !! . . . how wrong they were and Ruess had to save it with no money . . . and he did . . . but the VF is just the start and will only last about 4 years at best . . it is still 10 year old enginneering

The thing about Reuss is that he could see where the Australian & US market was going and what the rest of the world was doing . . the Aussie team was stuck with arrogance & their heads up their ***es!!

With that said as I suggested earlier they had budget to spend on "Add On" Tech which they have and that will surface in the HSV range . . . and the Internation variants

The big question is what they will do with the Donk . . . and we will get that answer next weekend when the Chevy makes its debut

Senator01
10-02-2013, 09:45 PM
but the VF is just the start and will only last about 4 years at best . . it is still 10 year old enginneering

The big question is what they will do with the Donk . . . and we will get that answer next weekend when the Chevy makes its debut

I do see recent articles that suggest Commodore will run beyond 2016/17 ... quote from Carsales 'VF positions Commodore to run through to the arrival of the now-confirmed fifth generation Commodore in 2016-2017.'

However are they looking at a paradighm shift and heading toward front wheel drive based on international platforms? If so then VF could be the last rear wheel drive 'hurrah!!'

SV300
10-02-2013, 10:16 PM
This picture has floated around before and copied form LS forum

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/10/da9ejaje.jpg

I'm in if its like this

J

Sniper
10-02-2013, 10:25 PM
I do see recent articles that suggest Commodore will run beyond 2016/17

However are they looking at a paradighm shift and heading toward front wheel drive based on international platforms? If so then VF could be the last rear wheel drive 'hurrah!!'

If you see the big picture the VE is 6 years old and this (VF)is its big revamp taking it to 10 years (not dissimilar to the VT,X,Y,Z)

The replacement car in 2017 will be RWD if the Chevy takes off over the next 12 months . . . lets hope as there are still places in the International market for this type of niche vehicle . . . look at BMW/MB/Cadilac!!!

Sniper
10-02-2013, 10:36 PM
This picture has floated around before and copied form LS forum

I'm in if its like this

J

I need to be clear . . I have not seen the VF HSV . . . but I have seen a front bar and even without any fogs/DRL's fitted I imagined it will look mad . . . and better than the pic of the black car

Simonk
11-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Hey Sniper. It's been ages since I've been on here but the VF release has sparked my interest. All the articles I've read say VF until 2016 then Holden move to some un-named front wheel drive model. Is this still rumour or fact? If they do, how is HSV going to survive? I personally won't be driving a FWD Holden/HSV because its not what I want and I ***ume most people here would agree. The thing that gets me is all this BS about the decline in big car sales. Has anyone considered that the current Commodore is almost 7 years old. Even 3 years ago people who owned a VE weren't about to go and trade in their VE for another VE. Same goes for Ford so of course big car sales are going to decline. Perhaps Im sliding off topic a bit but maybe it s relevant to HSVs future.

Simonk
11-02-2013, 08:16 AM
By the way, if HSV design a good looking VF (not like the last monstrosity) I think the queues will be a mile long to get one. HSV owners a screaming for a new model to buy.

Sniper
11-02-2013, 09:04 AM
By the way, if HSV design a good looking VF (not like the last monstrosity) I think the queues will be a mile long to get one. HSV owners a screaming for a new model to buy.

The Diehards will line up for the VF HSV . . . but the brand - Both Holden & HSV have lost a lot of customers to other brands and market segments

The SUV Market has taken chunks out of HSV in the last 18 months as people like me look outside the box for something different!

I doubt whether Holden/HSV can automatically draw all these customers back . . . as there is huge amounts of quality and choice around now that Holden cannot match

Recently I have purchased a Mazda 3 as the Cruze didnt cut it for quality & feel . . . A Cayenne cos this was what I wanted . . . and a Ford (Cough Cough) Ranger 3.2 TD XLT cos the Colorado is just plain average by comparison . . . now there was no way Holden was going to get me away from buying the Cayenne . . . but I did try to by the other 2 products from the General . . . but just couldn't . . . and there is the problem!!

I sincerely hope that the US Chevy VF will have more fruit than the CalaisV released vesterday so HSV can tap into extra GM Tech . . . but for the CalaisV as Holdens Flagship in 2013 to NOT have Xenon Headlights and from what I can see low tech Audio etc . . . thats still not going to be me!! . . . I just hope that the VF Maloo inspires me cos in my mind four door sedans are a diminishing entity . . .

BUT . . each to their own . . . but there are heaps of people out there moving away that HSV will never get back so I dont think the waiting list for VF will be too long!!!

R34
11-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Love the look of the interior but not too sure about the exterior.
Maybe it will grow on me by the time I trade up in a couple of years.
Haven't seen anything yet though to make me regret buying my VE

Simonk
11-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Holden and HSV will be like your favourite band that's just released another shitty album. You wish they'd just call it quits so you can remember them for what they were.

richo7502000
11-02-2013, 05:58 PM
I agree totally, the American SS is going to show lots of "direction" for HSV and also a few more answers for the normal commodore line up as well. Calais has always had slightly different Front and rear fascia looks so I presume the lower spec, the SS, and obviously the HSV will be m***ively different to what we have just seen released!!!!
Lets hope its tough, specced up and sells well for Holdens sake!!

And im +1 for the xenon lights even my little Ralliart Lancer has them fitted as part of the optional luxury pack... HSV and Calais definately should have them standard!!!

Andrew_02
11-02-2013, 10:35 PM
I agree the calais should have more to offer, the V model at least, but in the past
u need to go to a lwb caprice for heaps of extras, i guess thats why some move
to a senator its a calais with all the goods like a grange is or at least was in part to
a caprice. still no mention of the lwb and the new models in stock are behind empty showroom
floors? so just when will this VF be on the road. cheers

LS3 050
12-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Found a link to some leaked info and photos of new HSV!!! :)

http://sniffpetrol.com/2013/02/11/first-details-of-new-hsv-commodore/

R34
12-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Very Informative
Good find :-)

Ronnie
12-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Found a link to some leaked info and photos of new HSV!!! :)

http://sniffpetrol.com/2013/02/11/first-details-of-new-hsv-commodore/

Wouldn't believe that for a second, who would buy a slab of coldies

Sniper
12-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Another unconfirmed rumour has surfaced suggesting that Bridgestone will not be the tyre supplier for HSV VF . . . which may add up as Continental are now a HRT Sponsor!!. . . . the rumour is NOT from my usual source so it may not be correct!!

eggy
12-02-2013, 02:39 PM
At the hsv drive day I attended, all the cars were shod with contis...and I must say they held up pretty darn well.

Sniper
12-02-2013, 08:18 PM
I spent a few hours in Melb today and caught up with an old friend (who shall remain nameless)and the word is that the VF HSV is a brilliant looking thing . . . and it definately won't be 6 months before we see it!!!

GTS.376
12-02-2013, 10:05 PM
I think it will be revealed about April or May, then at the dealers about October.
Fingers crossed its a LSA supercharged.

Cheers

220isenator
13-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Fingers crossed its a LSA supercharged.

Because it's supercharged or because you bought the plates already. :p

Senator01
13-02-2013, 11:31 PM
You know whilst I would like to see substantial power gains for a new model ... in the end what difference will it make from a legal standpoint? Can't drive over the set limit ... so I am all for new tech, better comfort and drivability. Oh and a 'awesome' look and sound ...

Here's hoping ...

P.S. ... if 350+ kw is an add on then .. I won't complain.

GTS.376
13-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Both reasons I guess.
Because it's supercharged or because you bought the plates already. :p

Pickles
14-02-2013, 10:14 AM
You know whilst I would like to see substantial power gains for a new model ... in the end what difference will it make from a legal standpoint? Can't drive over the set limit ... so I am all for new tech, better comfort and drivability. Oh and a 'awesome' look and sound ...

Here's hoping ...

P.S. ... if 350+ kw is an add on then .. I won't complain.
"Can't drive over the set limit"...Agree, particularly when ya've got speedo's that go to 280K or whatever, & we can do 100?...Seems a bit ridiculous doesn't it?
However, wifey says, "It's not how fast you go, but how fast you get there"?!.....So, sometimes, we get to 100/110ks whatever.....fairly quickly!
Cheers, Pickles.

bosscocky
14-02-2013, 11:16 AM
"Can't drive over the set limit"...Agree, particularly when ya've got speedo's that go to 280K or whatever, & we can do 100?...Seems a bit ridiculous doesn't it?
However, wifey says, "It's not how fast you go, but how fast you get there"?!.....So, sometimes, we get to 100/110ks whatever.....fairly quickly!
Cheers, Pickles.

Are you sure your wife was talking cars when she said this...;)

VYSHSV8
14-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Are you sure your wife was talking cars when she said this...;)

X2 lol ..............

Sent from the middle of Farkin no-where

rodders188
14-02-2013, 01:21 PM
So what possibly more can the VF be over the VE ? Wonder if VE's have a big price drop once the VF is on the market

R34
15-02-2013, 01:42 AM
http://video.carsguide.com.au/2335062396/Holden-Commdore-SS-V

moray066
15-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Awesome! But I'm not totally convinced on that rear end. The lower section is nice, it's more those lights, they look very "Mazda" but I'm sure it will grow on me. The front/wheels/interior all awesome, looks better in black then that white interior on the Calais photo that was posted

Senator01
15-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Did I see a leather dash?

SoulJet
15-02-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm quite enamored with that. Very nice indeed.
The headlights suit the SS styling much better than the calais, and that beautiful subtle rear plane... Finally we can be rid of those awful OTT wings!
I just hope HSV follows the same "less is more" style :)

Sniper
15-02-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm still patiently waiting to see an Auto SSV or Chevy SS to see if they are doing "Paddle Shifts" on the steering wheel . . . then HSV will have them too!!

Sadly the CalaisV didn't get them so I am not holding out for a lot of hope!!!

. . . . it is 2013 afer all!!!

VYSHSV8
15-02-2013, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't expect the Calais to get paddles as its not cl***ed as a sports model

Janz
15-02-2013, 02:34 PM
im not a fan of the rear of the car. the lights especially remind me of a blend of kia and bmw 5 series :S lets hope the boffins at hsv have something mint in store

jkhsv
15-02-2013, 04:07 PM
http://www.motoring.com.au/news/large-p***enger/holden/commodore/holden-vf-commodore-ss-v-unveiled-35074

Lovin the interior :)

moray066
15-02-2013, 06:10 PM
I don't understand why the SSV will retain the L76 and they are saying the SS will run the LS3? If this is true, that's bull$hit, so you can have either the base SS but with a great engine or the more luxurious SSV but with the older, lower rated engine? Should be the other way round IMO

Sniper
15-02-2013, 06:47 PM
I think we need to wait a little for all to unfold. . . but the VF has very much been driven by what the US Market will want . . . and the CHEVY SS will feature much of the stuff that will be unique to HSV . . . as for what Holden will do with the SS, SSV & SSV Redline - time will tell . . . but I think the SS Range will drop back from 3 varients to 2!! . . .

The one thing that plays on my mind is Mark Reuss's comments in December where he quoted that the Chevy SS would be the Chevy 4 door Corvette!! . . . which is a big statement indeed . . . if he would have said 4 door Camaro I would have thought . . hmm. . well that'll be nice. . . but for him to clarify that the Chevy would be Corvette related I am expecting a huge jump in Tech from what we are seeing today and what the Chevy will show this weekend and ultimately what the HSV will be . . .

However the possibility of the Aussie SSV having the LS3 has been speculated for a while and I can say that at one time Mid 2012 HSV Execs were pissed off about the SS having a similar powerplant!!

moray066
15-02-2013, 07:42 PM
However the possibility of the Aussie SSV having the LS3 has been speculated for a while and I can say that at one time Mid 2012 HSV Execs were pissed off about the SS having a similar powerplant!![/QUOTE]

Didn't someone on here post last year that there were issues/disputes between HSV and Holden, might even of been you Sniper?

Sniper
15-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Didn't someone on here post last year that there were issues/disputes between HSV and Holden, might even of been you Sniper?

Correct

hsvgtr
16-02-2013, 12:53 AM
I also thought that was strange . Then someone suggested that the ss they referred to is the chevy ss not the commodore ss . That would make sense as the usa gets the 6.2 chevy ss.

I don't understand why the SSV will retain the L76 and they are saying the SS will run the LS3? If this is true, that's bull$hit, so you can have either the base SS but with a great engine or the more luxurious SSV but with the older, lower rated engine? Should be the other way round IMO

surfwagon
16-02-2013, 11:14 AM
I also thought that was strange . Then someone suggested that the ss they referred to is the chevy ss not the commodore ss . That would make sense as the usa gets the 6.2 chevy ss.

Didn't "their" GTO (our Monaro) or the Pontiac G8 (our VE) come with the LS2 across the range, so makes sense that their SS might have the LS3 6.2 while our model has the L77 6.0L.

Sniper
16-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Didn't "their" GTO (our Monaro) or the Pontiac G8 (our VE) come with the LS2 across the range, so makes sense that their SS might have the LS3 6.2 while our model has the L77 6.0L.

I'm pretty sure the G8 was available in V6 and the 6L V8 and the G8 GXP had the LS3!!

Sniper
16-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Not long now for the Chevy SS

http://www.chevrolet.com/culture/article/ss-performance-sedan-debut.html

VYSHSV8
16-02-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm pretty sure the G8 was available in V6 and the 6L V8 and the G8 GXP had the LS3!!

Correct :)

Sniper
16-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Here ya go

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/large-p***enger/holden/commodore/holden%e2%80%99s-us-commodore-chevy-ss-revealed-35112?R=35112&Cr=0&surl=aHR0cDovL2VkaXRvcmlhbHN5c3RlbS5jYXJzYWxlcy5jb 20uYXUvRGVza3RvcERlZmF1bHQuYXNweD9Ocz1wX0RhdGVBdmF pbGFibGVfRGF0ZVRpbWUlN0MxJk49Mjk4MSs0Mjk0OTY3MjgyK zQyOTQ5NjcyNzkmVGFiSUQ9MTQwODYxMCZRcGI9MSZzaWQ9MTN DRDhFNEJDNTVEJm51bT0yMCZObmU9MjA.

Looks like HID/Xenon and Paddles for the Auto are gunna happen if this data is correct

Senator01
16-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Not long now for the Chevy SS

He we go again ... Commodores with Chevy badges attached ... :p ;)

Senator01
16-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Here ya go

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/large-p***enger/holden/commodore/holden%e2%80%99s-us-commodore-chevy-ss-revealed-35112?R=35112&Cr=0&surl=aHR0cDovL2VkaXRvcmlhbHN5c3RlbS5jYXJzYWxlcy5jb 20uYXUvRGVza3RvcERlZmF1bHQuYXNweD9Ocz1wX0RhdGVBdmF pbGFibGVfRGF0ZVRpbWUlN0MxJk49Mjk4MSs0Mjk0OTY3MjgyK zQyOTQ5NjcyNzkmVGFiSUQ9MTQwODYxMCZRcGI9MSZzaWQ9MTN DRDhFNEJDNTVEJm51bT0yMCZObmU9MjA.

Looks like HID/Xenon and Paddles for the Auto are gunna happen if this data is correct

Fan ..bloody..tastic. That is what I wanted to hear.

Pickles
16-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Looks pretty good to me....a bit of a cross between SSV & HSV.
We SHOULD have this car in Oz.......if we did, Graeme....what would it cost.....halfway between SSV & Clubsport?
Cheers, Pickles.

Sniper
16-02-2013, 06:44 PM
For those that think the SSV/ChevySS looks good . . . I can promise you the HSV is at a far higher level and the design/appearance of the VF HSV was personally signed off by Mike Simcoe who is apparantly now Head of Design in Detroit . . .

The Front Bar on the HSV makes the SSV front look docile!!!

Holden/HSV are also planning to potentially send the HSV varient to the States as a Chevy SSV in 2014

Sniper
16-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Looks pretty good to me....a bit of a cross between SSV & HSV.
We SHOULD have this car in Oz.......if we did, Graeme....what would it cost.....halfway between SSV & Clubsport?
Cheers, Pickles.

I am pretty sure the Production SSV in OZ will be as good as the ChevySS and in SSV Redline Spec will be very much the same . . . as I suggested in an earlier post Holden are tidying up the amount of models and the SS will go back to 2 variants I think . . . with maybe a Premium Pack with HID & Bose!!!

Sniper
16-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Straight from the Chevy Site

dgp
16-02-2013, 11:33 PM
What pisses me off is that it is essentially an HSV without the plastic bits and the Americans will no doubt be paying under 30K AUS for it, AND they are importing it from us

Sniper
16-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Hmmm . . . not sure about this

http://www.caradvice.com.au/214859/holden-vf-commodore-ss-gets-6-2-litre-v8-hsv-to-go-supercharged/

Andrew_02
17-02-2013, 01:24 AM
Hmmm . . . not sure about this

http://www.caradvice.com.au/214859/holden-vf-commodore-ss-gets-6-2-litre-v8-hsv-to-go-supercharged/
Safe to say we knew some of what they have written, i guess its a waiting game just like the VF signs in some cars yards saying new model here now with an almost empty showroom. I guess now the VF has been released the stock yards can be filled, and maybe the hsv will be on the production lines in the next few months (still no rumours on the lwb) cheers
sounds like the lwb is last on the production line so the grange will be some time away:)

surfwagon
17-02-2013, 09:05 AM
I like it and their version definitely gets a 6.2L codenamed L99 with AFM now.
An article in the Age ("The new VF Commodore SS-V is similar in specification to the upcoming US-spec Chevrolet SS, but it gets the bigger, more powerful 6.2-litre engine from the HSV ClubSport that sells for $66,990 drive-away.") is a bit ambiguous but I don't think our local SS is getting the 6.2L.
Holden did say at the launch last week the engines were a carry over although the SS wasn't specifically mentioned

Sniper
17-02-2013, 09:52 AM
i guess its a waiting game just like the VF signs in some cars yards saying new model here now with an almost empty showroom. I guess now the VF has been released the stock yards can be filled,

Holden/HSV Dealers will not run out of stock . . . if amything the VE runout will go long past the VF Debut

Production at Elizabeth will be seamless with VE variants being built for as long as they want and the VF will start with little or no downtime!

The timeline is the big question but Holden are still building HSV core vehicle at a normal rate right now and if they (HSV/Holden) are consumer friendly they will back off on the HSV builds for 6 weeks prior to the introduction of VF . . . but as usual, greed for revenue will be the overriding factor and HSV Dealers will be copping stock of VE right up to the last minute and untimately the dealer will be tearing up brand new E3's long past the VF's are on the showroom!

E3 prices in june will be at almost giveaway . . . and E3 values will suffer as a consequense . . .as the VF will not only be the new & fresh kid on the block . . . but it will also be better value at RRP . . .

I predict as a consequence of this, Dealer Financed Floorplans will be at Max levels so HSV Retailers will need to move cars whatever they are . . . . and therefore from pretty much day number 1 . . . a good deal will be available on VF

Sniper
17-02-2013, 11:20 AM
I wish we had Nascar here . . . or at the very least V8Supercars doing one or two oval races a year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxTteG52d0I

hsv.286
17-02-2013, 12:36 PM
^^^+1 sniper..! I miss going to Calder park thunderdome to see the auscar/nascar's and the hq's blazing around the track. .:sad:when we had our drag day last year was the first time in 20yrs since I've been to Calder and to see gr*** growing out of cracks in the dome surface and the seating looking disheveled was a sorry site to see! On a lighter note,no one has mentioned what the ss wagon/Hsv tourer setup will looklike..:?:

Sniper
17-02-2013, 01:00 PM
On a lighter note,no one has mentioned what the ss wagon/Hsv tourer setup will looklike..:?:

I have nothing to report based on any hard facts . . . info is very hard to get

It would be nice to see a dedicated HSV Rear Bar for the Tourer in VF and I am hoping the Maloo will cop a fresh rear bar too - although it wouldn't surprise me if it was a carryover from VE

whiteman69
17-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Only auto trans (no manual)on the chevy ss spec sheet.

Sniper
17-02-2013, 01:19 PM
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/photos.detail.html/content/media/us/en/chevrolet/videos/Live/_jcr_content/par/sectioncontainer/par/sectioncontainer_1/par/galleryphotogrid.html

THe more you look, the more you see . . . here is the Chevy front seat . . . and if you go back to the recent pics of the SSV front seat the upper shoulder supports and the chrome accents are different on the US car

I will be pretty sure that this will be the HSV Seat . . . see "Interior 16" Pic

Senator01
17-02-2013, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=Sniper;101846
I will be pretty sure that this will be the HSV Seat . . . see "Interior 16" Pic[/QUOTE]

Would you suggest then that the interior of the Chevy 'SS' is a closer resmblance of what we can expect in HSV?

It would make sense since it is available and negates Clayton doing anything unnecessary .. (read cost saving).

Sniper
17-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Would you suggest then that the interior of the Chevy 'SS' is a closer resmblance of what we can expect in HSV?

It would make sense since it is available and negates Clayton doing anything unnecessary .. (read cost saving).

The answer is yes . . . but nothing is really different to now

Clayton do very little to the Interior of the VE . . EDI Upload, Sill Plates, Dash Badge, MRC Switch & a tyre placard !!! . . . . and throw a set of mats on the back seat!!! . . . and the VF will be pretty much the same!!

. . . . and thats why I personally believe the HSV entity at Clayton has a limited life before production heads to Adelaide to save time, money & sharing the profits with Premoso!!!

bosscocky
18-02-2013, 03:47 PM
First woman AND fist Holden on pole...4508

Jordoi
18-02-2013, 03:58 PM
http://www.caradvice.com.au/215006/holden-forced-confirm-6-0-litre-v8-commodore/

Looks like the ss will be sticking with the 6.0L

Sniper
18-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Well, there is plenty of speculation about what will make up the Engine packages for the VF

Holden appears to have announced that the SS will have a 6.0

Chevy will have the LS3 6.2

and the VF in Holden form will have the 3.0 and 3.6 V6 as well

. . . and there is the dilemma for us . . .

I am doubting that Holden will add the LSA to the range!! . . . or it would be in the Chevy as an option!! . . .so with that I look into the GM Crystal Ball and try to read between the lines . . . and at this point it doesnt add up for the LSA to be another production variant out of Elizabeth - but I could be wrong

The other thought that should be thrown into the mix is that Holden will use the 6.0 in the Calais & SS and the LS3 in the SSV . . . hmmm . . . and that could be the reason for HSV being pissed off about their options!

I can only see the LSA in the VF if GM want it in an expanded range of the Chevy next year . . . and that doesnt add up much either as I feel the Gen 5 LT1 will come into the range in 2014 . . Hmmm . . . so its messy

My Tips are as follows
SS - 6.0 Gen 4
SSV - 6.2 LS3 Gen 4 309KW
HSV - 6.2 LS3 325KW

Gen 5 but we need to watch the Camaro & Cadillac CTS to see what will happen as their powertrains will be the indicater on what GM do internationally as I really dont think the GM will want to continue with the Gen 4 & Gen 5 Engines at the same time for much longer than 6 months!!

Maybe the GTS will sit on the backburner for a while!!! . . . and if that happens you may well read LSA or SC LT1 into that possibility

. . . and the LSA that HSV have been messing with - if our info is correct!!! . . . who knows the answer to that

September 2014 may be an interesting time

but remember . . . all I have written here is just "Crystal Ball" speculation

fleetz
19-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Hard to argue with your speculation Sniper. Looks like HSV might be caught between a rock and a hard place.

surfwagon
19-02-2013, 09:06 AM
According to Holden in that "Caradvice" report it seems that to put the L99 in our cars would push the price up too much.
One gets the feeling that we are getting shafted just so that they can export more cars at cheaper price.
Unfortunately this also happens in the parts business, eg Yella Terra Roller rockers are cheaper in the states than we pay w**** sale here.

RedHotMike
20-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Looks like I may be heading towards another marque later this year based on what Sniper just posted. Oh well, time for a change. I had a sit in a Jeep SRT8 the other day. Might look at heading to the dealer for a test when I get some time.

Red Hot Mike

Sniper
20-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Oh well, time for a change. I had a sit in a Jeep SRT8 the other day. Might look at heading to the dealer for a test when I get some time.

Red Hot Mike

The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is Fat to Drive . . . and I can speak from experience . . . but please . . . wait 4 or 5 months for the update with the new Interior with 8" Screen and new front and rear bars plus trick looking headlights too!!

RedHotMike
20-02-2013, 09:42 PM
The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is Fat to Drive . . . and I can speak from experience . . . but please . . . wait 4 or 5 months for the update with the new Interior with 8" Screen and new front and rear bars plus trick looking headlights too!!

It'll be the back half of this year anyway so the timing might work out well :). That said, the interior looks great now. Might be because I'm sick of Ve Interiors by now though

Red Hot Mike

Senator01
21-02-2013, 09:06 AM

If only they would get rid of the foot operated parkbrake brake and replace with an elctronic park brake.

Sniper
21-02-2013, 02:10 PM
If only they would get rid of the foot operated parkbrake brake and replace with an elctronic park brake.

That is not an excuse to NOT buy a car ???!!???

220isenator
21-02-2013, 05:25 PM

I loved the fact that my Torana had foot operated park brake and dip lights. Electronic park brakes are useless if you want any control.

Senator01
21-02-2013, 08:08 PM
That is not an excuse to NOT buy a car ???!!???

To some ... for me, I don't like them. After all it is the 21st Century.

Back on thread ... saw a video on the Holden web site for the VF, in particular the SS. Car is nice .. but the Red colour is in my view .. very very nice. Think it is this new 'Fantale"?? What I am looking for on my next Senator.
http://www.holden.com.au/pages/new-commodore

Bottom of page ...

richo7502000
22-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Didn't "their" GTO (our Monaro) come with the LS2 across the range.
I was working for a "supplier" to the automotive industry in 2002/2003 and was heavily involved with the Pontiac GTO project (was told I was one of first supliers to drive an LS2 fitted car outside the US).
Now Not only did the GTO get the LS2 which our Monaro's didnt get, they also got the better HVAC system and the higher quality suspension (like HSV level) which our car DIDNT get.
So Will our SS-V get the paddle shift of the Chev SS??... I doubt it, It MAY get the HID's but unlikely SS will, I also doubt the SS will get the Heads up display the Calais probably will and maybe SS-V.
But I think in general we will get the lower end of the bits N pieces parts bin in our cars to help reduce costs of the export models?? Just my thinking, but I hope that the HSV will get more of the premium items that our SS etc wont get.

jkhsv
22-02-2013, 10:15 AM
I was working for a "supplier" to the automotive industry in 2002/2003 and was heavily involved with the Pontiac GTO project (was told I was one of first supliers to drive an LS2 fitted car outside the US).
Now Not only did the GTO get the LS2 which our Monaro's didnt get, they also got the better HVAC system and the higher quality suspension (like HSV level) which our car DIDNT get.
So Will our SS-V get the paddle shift of the Chev SS??... I doubt it, It MAY get the HID's but unlikely SS will, I also doubt the SS will get the Heads up display the Calais probably will and maybe SS-V.
But I think in general we will get the lower end of the bits N pieces parts bin in our cars to help reduce costs of the export models?? Just my thinking, but I hope that the HSV will get more of the premium items that our SS etc wont get.

One would hope so for the premium one pays for the privelege of owning a HSV....

Sniper
22-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Word is that HSV get all the available Chevy SS goodies with a slight variation in the stitching on the front seats (colour) plus a locally developed EDI (possibly still done by Motec like the E3's)

As I suggested in an earlier post - Holden are calling the shots with the spec of the HSV VF

Senator01
22-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Not HSV .. but VF info.

What's in a name .. right!! http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/israelis-take-offence-to-commodore-ss-badge-20130221-2esta.html

Don't tell any Spanish friends you drive a Pajero.

hsv.286
22-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Not HSV .. but VF info.

What's in a name .. right!! http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/israelis-take-offence-to-commodore-ss-badge-20130221-2esta.html

Don't tell any Spanish friends you drive a Pajero.or a tojo called a "chikan"..! That's pure gold...!:-P:D

Sniper
22-02-2013, 05:31 PM
. . . a bit more speculation has arrived . . . it appears that the SSV will have a package or as Std - Brembo's, HID, 19" Forged Wheels and possibly the Bose . . . but I just cannot get the Engine package confirmed by someone in the right place!!

It will be interesting to see just how well specced the SSV is when its released . . . I feel that Holden may surprise the punter with something quite special of their own outside of the HSV market

This has come about because a lot of regional area's do not have HSV and many DP's will want to drive something funky rather than Calais . . . Holden are apparantly going to be tough on dealers and make the Demo fleet expand to include the SSV even in smaller country dealerships!

Pure speculation still . . . sadly I have good contacts in many places that are quite tight lipped at the moment!!

Senator01
22-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Quote from latest Wheels Magazine article on VF by Peter Robinson. Talking about the interior, he goes on to say ... 'sadly, while Chevy SS gets steering wheel paddles, the Commodore misses out. Too expensive apparently, even for the SSV.' unquote.

I hope HSV DO get this option .. a little worried though what this might do with pricing based on the 'too expensive' statement above?

Senator01
22-02-2013, 06:34 PM
. . . a bit more speculation has arrived . . . it appears that the SSV will have a package or as Std - Brembo's, HID, 19" Forged Wheels and possibly the Bose . . .

Would this be the Redline model??

Sniper
22-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Would this be the Redline model??

Possibly . . . if they still want to use that moniker . . . or maybe they'll use something else for a name!!

Senator01
22-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Quote from latest Wheels Magazine article on VF by Peter Robinson. Talking about the interior, he goes on to say ... 'sadly, while Chevy SS gets steering wheel paddles, the Commodore misses out. Too expensive apparently, even for the SSV.' unquote.

I hope HSV DO get this option .. a little worried though what this might do with pricing based on the 'too expensive' statement above?

From Carsales http://www.carsales.com.au/news/holden/commodore/chevy-ss-shift-paddles-not-for-commodore-35237

Looks like HSV might .. read will .. have the Paddle Shift.

Bomber
23-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Looks like HSV might .. read will .. have the Paddle Shift.
Jeremy Clarkson likes this.

Haha

d488y2
23-02-2013, 02:05 PM
The Chev SS looks pretty good in Black
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j346/d488y2/HSVForum/BlackSS_zps4d1ca552.jpg

GTS.376
25-02-2013, 01:15 AM
Hi Sniper.
I can confirm 100% that the SSV will be using a 6.0 ltr engine, not the LS3.
This a fact I've said this months ago and only 2 days ago on twitter, Holden said its a 6.0ltr engine..

They didnt confirm engine specs as far as kw. but did say its a 6.0 ltr
This is good news for us HSV owners, because otherwise E3's would've taken a deep fall in resale.

. . . a bit more speculation has arrived . . . it appears that the SSV will have a package or as Std - Brembo's, HID, 19" Forged Wheels and possibly the Bose . . . but I just cannot get the Engine package confirmed by someone in the right place!!

It will be interesting to see just how well specced the SSV is when its released . . . I feel that Holden may surprise the punter with something quite special of their own outside of the HSV market

This has come about because a lot of regional area's do not have HSV and many DP's will want to drive something funky rather than Calais . . . Holden are apparantly going to be tough on dealers and make the Demo fleet expand to include the SSV even in smaller country dealerships!

Pure speculation still . . . sadly I have good contacts in many places that are quite tight lipped at the moment!!

GTS.376
25-02-2013, 01:25 AM
So no LSA for the VF HSV GTS?

Word is that HSV get all the available Chevy SS goodies with a slight variation in the stitching on the front seats (colour) plus a locally developed EDI (possibly still done by Motec like the E3's)

As I suggested in an earlier post - Holden are calling the shots with the spec of the HSV VF

Surfnturf
25-02-2013, 01:35 AM
What about an OEM supercharged LS3 in the new VF HSVs ???

Pickles
25-02-2013, 09:21 AM
What about an OEM supercharged LS3 in the new VF HSVs ???
HSV have said that in future, "GTS will have stature befitting its name"......so I'm thinking GTS may have more power than the rest of the range in VF. Many other "performance" cars are now going F.I., so will HSV?....I don't know....but I hope so!
Cheers, Pickles.

Sniper
25-02-2013, 11:01 AM
HSV have said that in future, "GTS will have stature befitting its name"......so I'm thinking GTS may have more power than the rest of the range in VF. Many other "performance" cars are now going F.I., so will HSV?....I don't know....but I hope so!
Cheers, Pickles.

. . . .and thats why its hard to read what Holden/HSV are doing in VF Martin . . . the LS3 is at the end of its available KW output at 325!!! . . or thereabouts!! . . .so its LSA for GTS OR wait for the Gen 5 in 12 months and give a new lease of life then

I am tempted to think the GTS will not be part of the HSV range in 2013 . . . but thats just my gut feel . . .

If the New Gen 5 was making its way into the Camaro & Caddy now . . . the Picture would be a bit clearer but its not . . .

. . . or will HSV via GM powertrain in the States get another 10KW for the GTS in the short term . . . all crystal ball stuff at the moment . . .

Pickles
25-02-2013, 05:18 PM
. . . .and thats why its hard to read what Holden/HSV are doing in VF Martin . . . the LS3 is at the end of its available KW output at 325!!! . . or thereabouts!! . . .so its LSA for GTS OR wait for the Gen 5 in 12 months and give a new lease of life then

I am tempted to think the GTS will not be part of the HSV range in 2013 . . . but thats just my gut feel . . .

If the New Gen 5 was making its way into the Camaro & Caddy now . . . the Picture would be a bit clearer but its not . . .

. . . or will HSV via GM powertrain in the States get another 10KW for the GTS in the short term . . . all crystal ball stuff at the moment . . .

Mate, this is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH........YOU SHOULD KNOW!!
Regards, Martin.

Sniper
25-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Mate, this is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH........YOU SHOULD KNOW!!
Regards, Martin.

LOL . . sorry I have failed you . . . if we only knew what GM was doing with the GEN 4 going forward

jkhsv
28-02-2013, 12:25 AM
VF Omega

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=486003481457492&set=a.144350432289467.29456.143341242390386&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

Senator01
28-02-2013, 10:17 AM
VF Omega

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=486003481457492&set=a.144350432289467.29456.143341242390386&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

Lot of hatred in those comments. It is the entry level Commodore .. what do they expect. Look inside -- that is where the major changes are.

220isenator
28-02-2013, 05:50 PM
I don't remember any other execs that looked any better. Apart from taxi drivers and fleets who buys them anyway.

jkhsv
07-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Surely there must be some VF mules getting around in Melbourne...come on guys find one and get some pics.... :D

Strick
07-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Had a holden rep looking at my VE yesterday because there is red seeping through the bodykit paint (they are re-painting it for me) anyways mentioned the new VF and new engines. He said hes looking forward to the corevtte engine coming with series two.

Now not HSV related however might show the path they are taking!

rodders188
07-03-2013, 06:50 PM
brrm brmmm brmmm brrmmm brrmmm brrmmm wow wow A BIG VF HOLY SHIY

Senator01
08-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Had a holden rep looking at my VE yesterday because there is red seeping through the bodykit paint (they are re-painting it for me) anyways mentioned the new VF and new engines. He said hes looking forward to the corevtte engine coming with series two.

Now not HSV related however might show the path they are taking!

Has been a relatively known secret that the Gen 5 will be a feature of the Series 2 VFs. What HSV do with it .. another story?

nonchalant
10-03-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm considering ordering a VF HSV but I really hope they move the Clubsport decal off the door and put it above the skirt like on the VZ and it could probably benefit from larger tail lights like they did on the some of the earlier model Calais. I rekn the small lights on the VE's look god awful. They built a big balsy car and stuck little mini minor lights on the tail..just dumb.

They also need to revert the clubbie side decal back to the VZ 'font' style and move away from the 'cartoony' font they used on the VE - it really does nothing for me and looks like an afterthought.

hsv.286
10-03-2013, 12:44 PM
^^^^, wouldn't you want to wait until you know what they look like etc before putting a deposit down? ?

XR8TEDVY2
10-03-2013, 02:04 PM
I have sold my VY2 R8 a few months ago as the new VF was coming and i knew it would devalue my car further. Im ready to buy the new VF HSV...... BUT...i will only buy it if HSV have actually done something decent to the power output. I dont care if they throw a red 253 back in there , i just want some fire breathing power plant. Much like the VTII GTS was to us back in 2000 if ya know what i mean. The GTS needs to be min of 50kw above the R8. Thats my view and i'm a buyer so it has to count for something ! Lol

SV300
10-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Well I think you will be happy from all I have heard.

I don't think I'll be spending the GTS kind of money so a lesser 345kw will just have to do...

The GTS will not disappoint and will be a good 80kw odd gap.....

J

jkhsv
11-03-2013, 05:07 PM
80kW gap ??? hmmmmmmmm

nonchalant
11-03-2013, 05:39 PM
^^^^, wouldn't you want to wait until you know what they look like etc before putting a deposit down? ?

I dunno, from what I've seen of it so far, which includes the SS variation, I'm sold already. I doubt HSV would make it look any worse than the current base model and chances are it would look waaaay better :)

Senator01
11-03-2013, 06:18 PM
80kW gap ??? hmmmmmmmm

Yeah ... I am surprised too. So the GTS 80kw more than the lesser 345kw. Means a 425KW beasty???

SV300
11-03-2013, 06:25 PM
I think I might if been too optimistic so might actually be closer to 70....oops

But all will be revealed by Monday :)

J

Sarge
11-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Has any one heard what the pricing of the GTS could be?

jkhsv
11-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Yeah ... I am surprised too. So the GTS 80kw more than the lesser 345kw. Means a 425KW beasty???

Contain your ***citement lol

Pickles
12-03-2013, 08:55 AM
I think I might if been too optimistic so might actually be closer to 70....oops

J

A very "interesting" post?
So, you're saying, 70 more KW for GTS, (LSA territory), and HSV will be revealing this next Monday 18th March?
Cheers, Pickles.

SV300
12-03-2013, 09:23 AM
That's my info...

Now whether HSV will reveal or by others is in question.

I should add that the final power on the back in numbers I don't know but am putting 2+2 to get there

J

Senator01
12-03-2013, 10:52 AM
This is interesting ... wonder if we can read anything from this??? http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/secret-plan-to-build-supercharged-ss-20130312-2fx4q.html

jkhsv
12-03-2013, 12:45 PM
This is interesting ... wonder if we can read anything from this??? http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/secret-plan-to-build-supercharged-ss-20130312-2fx4q.html

415 - 345 = 70 hmmmmm

SV300
14-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Countdown.............10.......

SV300
15-03-2013, 11:13 PM
9....8......7......6......5.........?????

Sniper
16-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Lol. . .cars have been spotted . . not by myself, but by 2 of my sons . . .

I think some of the speculative rubbish about HSV VF release dates will now be put to bed!!

Strick
16-03-2013, 07:38 PM
pics? or an actual release date? very interested to see!!

Loose tappet
16-03-2013, 08:02 PM
I hope there not blown
Theres to many idiot on road as it is
They can get the hp aspirated if they do the right mods
What will happen when ***** drivers get there hands on these things
To many deaths as it is

Senator01
16-03-2013, 08:15 PM
I hope there not blown
Theres to many idiot on road as it is
They can get the hp aspirated if they do the right mods
What will happen when ***** drivers get there hands on these things
To many deaths as it is

Don't blame the tools .... blame the users ..

Loose tappet
16-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Don't blame the tools .... blame the users ..

You can only torque so far,then it will break

Senator01
18-03-2013, 01:45 PM

J

Ok James ... its Monday .. and...?????

SV300
18-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Car has been seen but no info allowed out.....:(

Waiting still!

jkhsv
18-03-2013, 05:03 PM
So all will NOT be revealed Monday ??? :confused:

SV300
18-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Well it is revealed....

Strick
18-03-2013, 08:28 PM
where?

KAL SPL
18-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Well it is revealed....

Do share ...

SV300
18-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Dealer principles and others.....

So info sharing is not happening. No confirmation of specs given.

Was hoping to get something but no luck.

That's all....sorry guys

The car is finished and will make the VE look old school

J

Sarge
18-03-2013, 10:05 PM
price?

Senator01
18-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Geez .. had my popcorn, large Pepsi and Choc Top .. waiting in anticipation. Big disappointment.

Isn't that stating the obvious? I mean VF making VE look old school?? Have you seen it?

SV300
18-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Words from the viewer......

NIS-014
20-03-2013, 12:15 PM
does it look like all the ics we have seen, interior info ?

Pickles
20-03-2013, 08:29 PM
So the 18/3 "Date" was pure & utter B.S.?.....which you "fed" to this Forum?
Cheers, Pickles.

SV300
20-03-2013, 08:46 PM
No. There is no BS on the date.

Car is seen and known, but was advised some info would be provided.

I am only providing info advised. Car has been seen by "others" on this forum but are quiet.

I am only an interested purchaser wanting some info.

Sniper
21-03-2013, 09:50 PM
I need to Clarify things

Firstly the VF HSV's have been seen under a veile of secrecy

Secondly, there are almost 5 months E3 HSV's in stock at the moment and both Dealers & HSV are worried that they will be left dying with superceded cars when the VF HSV arrives . . . which is a given . . . therefore the delay in exposing the VF to the public is in place as a strategic play to protect themselves from a "old stock" disaster

I nust also add that on current E3 offtake which is very poor, the real position on E3 HSV stock could be 6 - 7 months . . . and that is a disaster . .

Yep . . . another mess caused by a greedy HSV & Holden

NIS-014
21-03-2013, 10:23 PM
so is the interior like the ss ?
the exterior like the mags show ?

Senator01
21-03-2013, 10:28 PM
so is the interior like the ss ?
the exterior like the mags show ?

Interior is expected to be like the Chevy SS, except on the right :) ..... no one knows what the exterior/wheels will look like. You are gonna have to wait like the rest of us

richo7502000
22-03-2013, 12:31 AM
I need to Clarify things

Firstly the VF HSV's have been seen under a veile of secrecy

Secondly, there are almost 5 months E3 HSV's in stock at the moment and both Dealers & HSV are worried that they will be left dying with superceded cars when the VF HSV arrives . . . which is a given . . . therefore the delay in exposing the VF to the public is in place as a strategic play to protect themselves from a "old stock" disaster

I nust also add that on current E3 offtake which is very poor, the real position on E3 HSV stock could be 6 - 7 months . . . and that is a disaster . .

Yep . . . another mess caused by a greedy HSV & Holden

I am sure only a few of you die hards at the "Sniper level" of HSV purchasing and ability to keep quiet that would have seen the VF by now!!! I am sure it will be very special, and "hopefully" at the Melbourne motorshow??

So I presume from what you are saying, is that there will be loads of dirt cheap E3 deals, which will mean that second hand E3's wont be worth a cracker for anytime soon.... bit of a shame for those wanting to update and the used car market as a w****.

jkhsv
22-03-2013, 10:37 AM
So I presume from what you are saying, is that there will be loads of dirt cheap E3 deals, which will mean that second hand E3's wont be worth a cracker for anytime soon.... bit of a shame for those wanting to update and the used car market as a w****.

Glad I flogged off my E3 when I did !!!

Pickles
22-03-2013, 11:21 AM
One of the major aspects of this "interim" "Pre VF" period, is that NO-ONE should pay anywhere near RRP...NOWHERE NEAR......so, there should be some ripper deals about?
If ya've seen some....FACTUAL ones....maybe members would be interested.
Cheers, Pickles.

HSV085
22-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Theres quiet alot of price variations between dealers in regards to the current my12.5 e3's, im helping a mate buy a normal clubsport model with sv wheels and auto. The cheapest we saw was 53k and the most expensive sofar from another dealer was 62k for the same spec only difference being years (53k was 12' & 62k is 13'), was told by the 62k dealer that there wasnt much room to move and that it wouldnt change even with the introduction of the vf hsv range?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

jkhsv
22-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Theres quiet alot of price variations between dealers in regards to the current my12.5 e3's, im helping a mate buy a normal clubsport model with sv wheels and auto. The cheapest we saw was 53k and the most expensive sofar from another dealer was 62k for the same spec only difference being years (53k was 12' & 62k is 13'), was told by the 62k dealer that there wasnt much room to move and that it wouldnt change even with the introduction of the vf hsv range?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

I am thinking that comment from the dealer may be premature...wait until they still have heaps on the floor when the VF lands !!!

Senator01
22-03-2013, 06:32 PM
I am thinking that comment from the dealer may be premature...wait until they still have heaps on the floor when the VF lands !!!

You know, I don't think the dealers will have much to worry about as they only have 1 or 2 HSVs in the showroom (unless dealers like Suttons Sydney or similar due to their size) because they generally order for a customer.

And when you look at a dealer like as stated above (no I don't get a comission for advertising), they have the buying power and capability to carry some 'at cost or less' sales ... they all make it back in the end.

JWM
22-03-2013, 07:20 PM
I think dealers but ultimately HSV will have a lot to worry about! Right now there's 462 new HSV's on carsales right now, another 72 demonstrators...

Every man and his dog knows there is a new car coming, and if they're like me are looking at the discounted cars and thinking, well, they look cheap, but what will the VF be, and more importantly, how will it be priced?

I remember hearing some talk of significant drops in the RRP of The Holden's and so I'd ***ume the HSV's. I'd hate to get a "bargain" E3 only to find out that's the new RRP for a VF... I've seen that happen before with other marques.

Seems to me in some ways they'd be better to end the speculation. If I knew what a VF Clubsport looked like and cost, I could weigh it up and either go put in an order for one or buy a E3. Right now I feel like its not worth making a move either way as it would be acting without all the necessary information.

jkhsv
22-03-2013, 08:52 PM
I think dealers but ultimately HSV will have a lot to worry about! Right now there's 462 new HSV's on carsales right now, another 72 demonstrators...

Every man and his dog knows there is a new car coming, and if they're like me are looking at the discounted cars and thinking, well, they look cheap, but what will the VF be, and more importantly, how will it be priced?

I remember hearing some talk of significant drops in the RRP of The Holden's and so I'd ***ume the HSV's. I'd hate to get a "bargain" E3 only to find out that's the new RRP for a VF... I've seen that happen before with other marques.

Seems to me in some ways they'd be better to end the speculation. If I knew what a VF Clubsport looked like and cost, I could weigh it up and either go put in an order for one or buy a E3. Right now I feel like its not worth making a move either way as it would be acting without all the necessary information.

True if you can afford a VF then wait until the info is released and then decide. I am sure there will be plenty of E3's around at the time...

Pickles
22-03-2013, 09:03 PM

Very true mate, it ain't gonna be the Dealers who have the problem, because most of them will not carry excess stock & will only order on a firm customer order...particularly in the present "pre VF' time frame.
So, I reckon you're right...HSV have the problem.....and that problem is.......how to keep E3 sales going......until VF.
Cheers, Pickles.

JWM
22-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Yeah definitely. Only way will be further discounts I suppose!

whiteman69
23-03-2013, 01:27 PM
In sydney they are running ads on the radio stating HUGE factory discounts on " Clubsport, R8 and Maloo" with "never been a better time to get into a HSV"
Maybe some fully optioned discounted cars will become available to get rid of stock.

Sniper
24-03-2013, 07:30 AM
HSV & Holden knew they were facing a tough time last year and thats why they introduced the "Non R8" version of the Clubsport & Maloo . . . .which has enabled them to keep volume going ever so slightly - but at the same time its caused the Primo R8 Models to become less valuable as Trade Ins - but hey, Clayton dont care about that . . . but they bloody should as they try to keep the Brand in good shape in the future

Expect to be able to buy a Clubsport built in 2013 for less than $50k in May/June

Also expect the VF range to be well priced straight up as Holden/HSV try to maintain volume and stop their loyal buyers from turning to good value Euro Sedans and SUV's for something different and of better build and finish quality!! . .

NIS-014
24-03-2013, 11:36 AM
if the vf r8 are priced at the rrp being 65k for clubsport, 78k for r8 then 80+k for the gts,senator and grange you will find alot will want the e3 deals rather than a new vf with new problems and lemons ...

Senator01
24-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Also expect the VF range to be well priced straight up as Holden/HSV try to maintain volume and stop their loyal buyers from turning to good value Euro Sedans and SUV's for something different and of better build and finish quality!! . .

The new Mercedes CLA being one of those .... definitely in my sights. Considering their pricing.

Sniper
24-03-2013, 01:54 PM
The new Mercedes CLA being one of those .... definitely in my sights. Considering their pricing.

Yep . . . Mercedes. . . . BMW. . . . in the Lux market have very real options to HSV

As the next 4 months unfold, HSV will sell out E3 but dealer margins will be horrible . . . and E2/3 resale prices will crash as a consequence . . the problem is that the narrow mindedness of HSV to see this in the w**** scheme of things will do damage to the brand and as ppl roll into their HSV dealer and find out what their E2/3 trade in is worth . . there will be 3 outcomes

1. Cop it and buy another HSV . . . probably with a dose of negative equity attached to their next lease
2. Keep their Current HSV till they can get out of it or off load it elsewhere
3. Go to another brand

It doesnt matter what way ppl will go, HSV will continue to have current customers looking elsewhere . . . and this can only hurt them . . and us . . the guys and ****s that have supported and made the brand what it is . . . after all HSV is nothing without customers . . If only they could see that!!! . . . Crennan could but its been 5 years sinse his departure!!!

JWM
24-03-2013, 08:13 PM
You're not wrong. My father in law, who's had a string of HSV's, bought an M this year instead. If someone who was as loyal as him is leaving the brand, and I doubt he's the last like that, then I really wonder how they'll survive...

JWM
12-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Just noticed this article. Not much detail but adds to the rumors there will be a substantially more powerful engine in the mix... http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and-reviews/car-news/hsv_supercharged_v8_tipped_to_top_w427

Pickles
13-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Just noticed this article. Not much detail but adds to the rumors there will be a substantially more powerful engine in the mix... http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and-reviews/car-news/hsv_supercharged_v8_tipped_to_top_w427
Well, there's been HEAPS of rumours for ages. I predicted the 25th Anniv car may have been S/C, but I was wrong.....and that car turned out to be another "Sticker Special".
IMHO, a S/C GTS would be just the thing for the "new" GTS, and would be good for the "Brand" too.....something really "special", to lift its profile.
I note in that article that Mr. Harding says HSV couldn't do a Cruze.....& he's spot on there.....the drive train simply does not lend itself to the level of performance needed to compete with the ever increasing range of "Hot Hatches" that are now available.
Cheers, Pickles.

Senator01
13-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Personnally I think 'GTS 400' has a nice sound to it ... Or maybe even 'GTS 427' to add a splash of heritage...

jkhsv
13-04-2013, 11:05 PM
More likely GTS 335...

Rocky
13-04-2013, 11:41 PM
I'll let you know when i get mine one day ha ha

NIS-014
14-04-2013, 10:25 PM
anyone know release dates or what month ?
price ?

richo7502000
15-04-2013, 02:28 AM
I have heard of some guys that are kind of in the know that have heard some VF prototype's with a very distinctive "Whine" whether this is a S/C Camaro prototype engine being tested or a VF HSV engine I have no idea, but it is the most promising thing I have heard in ages!!!

bosscocky
15-04-2013, 08:57 AM
I have heard of some guys that are kind of in the know that have heard some VF prototype's with a very distinctive "Whine" whether this is a S/C Camaro prototype engine being tested or a VF HSV engine I have no idea, but it is the most promising thing I have heard in ages!!!

The whine is comming from the driver.....he wishes he had a supercharger!!!!!!

SV300
15-04-2013, 09:34 AM
They (supercharged variants) have been installed and running for around a year or so and that includes the smaller planned engine which is coming in the future; so no surprises.

Public release I understand is May and I understand its for good reason.

J

SV300
17-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Here's some snapped and now published... Although these are not the full quid....

More to be released in a week.....

http://m.smh.com.au/drive/motor-news/spied-hsv-vf-commodore-20130417-2hz2n.html

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/17/ru9u5ame.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/17/ega7a8y5.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/17/3e2yjyzu.jpg

J

Simonk
17-04-2013, 10:56 AM
At least HSV seem to be back on track with their wheels. Those (and the current black edition ones) look quite nice. Whilst it's hard to see properly with all the black stuff on it, I see the fog lights and DRLs are in the same position as the SSV and the shape along the bottom of the front looks similar also. In fact it pretty much looks like an SSV bumper with a different grill material. I'd like to see a big effing **** in the lower section rather than the security door look but I won't p*** judgement until the full thing is unveiled.

SV300
17-04-2013, 11:31 AM
I think you will find the silver might have the HSV bumper an the blue on still with the Holden one

J

NIS-014
17-04-2013, 09:34 PM
sv300 have you seen the new vf hsv ?

Senator01
17-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Awesome ... still has 'Cup Holders!!' ... Ppheeww ...!!

Seriously ... those wheels look crap. The end product .. read w**** package ... better be damn good otherwise this little black duck is heading to Jeep to order a 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8. Two and a half tonnes and still does 0-100 in 4.4sec ... best of both worlds and around $85K on road.

SV300
17-04-2013, 10:28 PM
No.

Only very select few have seen them uncovered.

J

Vector
17-04-2013, 11:02 PM
I think you will find the silver might have the HSV bumper an the blue on still with the Holden one

The blue car has a body coloured part of the bumper in the centre of the grille which you can see in the first pic, the Holden bumper has nothing but grille and badge in the centre, the plastic mesh is also completely different style to VF.

Whilst this is the first time I've seen it, my guess this the blue car also has the HSV front bar.

Personally I don't like all black wheels so I hope they have another option, but I suspect at the moment it's more an exercise of not showing their new wheel designs, these wheels look like the 25th Anniversary GTS wheels to me.

SV300
17-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Seen this also tonight on the road, not HSV but a left hand drive Chev badged with twin single pipes (one per side) and had a throaty note on Collins street Melbourne..

Had colour centre screen but not quick enough with camera this time though!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/17/yny8egyq.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/17/yvepa8un.jpg

SV300
20-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Give it a week and you might all be better informed.

I for one will find it hard not to buy another one again. There are good options (other makes and models) out there but the technology in VF will be a big factor for me......oh and what's under the bonnet. :)

J

Sniper
20-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Interesting times . . . Holden needs HSV's to sell more than ever in VF - let's hope they have it right . . . One thing is 100% sure - the VF HSV will better specs and cheaper than E3

GTS 723
22-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Joe
Had much interest on the GTSLSA number plates?
I've actually put a deposit for the new VF GTS and if its fitted with the LSA I would be a genuine buyer..
My current drive is a VE 3 GTS and love it to death... But I'm hearing better things about VF...dealer tells me an augmented windscreen interface and approx 400kw from a still undecided 5.5 supercharged V8 ... So your gamble MAY have paid off..!!..
Call at your convenience to discuss 0418109952 frank

Pickles
22-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Joe
I've actually put a deposit for the new VF GTS and if its fitted with the LSA I would be a genuine buyer..
My current drive is a VE 3 GTS and love it to death... But I'm hearing better things about VF...dealer tells me an augmented windscreen interface and approx 400kw from a still undecided 5.5 supercharged V8 ... So your gamble MAY have paid off..!!..
"5.5 Supercharged"?.....LSA is 6.2.
Cheers, Pickles.

gto461
22-04-2013, 07:14 PM
seen in country victoria apparently !!!

whats that plastic bit on the wheel ? is that the paddle shift ...pretty small

Senator01
22-04-2013, 08:06 PM
seen in country victoria apparently !!!

whats that plastic bit on the wheel ? is that the paddle shift ...pretty small

yep ... same as VW shifters.

Ronnie
23-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Joe

The 5.5 litre rumor died when LT1 was announced. The 5.5 was only rumored because of the C6R vettes now running a 5.5 due to rules.

Rocky
23-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Looks a bit like a whale shark feeding (like the rubber tin an board )

Senator01
24-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Isn't Lang Lang good enough anymore??

VF ute caught on vid at the Nurburgring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5PmckWi5OQ

SV300
24-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Well this platform is now a global car and I suspect the options are being baselined against known vehicles in their market; namely the US.

When the el camino ute goes on sale they will have a good idea of the product

Sniper
25-04-2013, 09:09 AM
I wish I wasn't sworn to secrecy . . . Not long now guys n ****s . . . It'll be good - real good - and one thing is for sure - GM in the US have enabled Holden/HSV to create a beauty this time . . .

Read into that whatever you want!!!!!!!!

Rocky
25-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Looks a bit like a whale shark feeding (like the rubber tin an board )

I meant that in a good way ( supercharged i hope )

So can you give us rough estimate sniper

Rocky

SV300
25-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Tomorrow.....

vt6banger
25-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Apparently top gear mag Australia has published power figures for f series. I'm gonna just repost what I read, may or may not be true

"Just read in Top Gear Australia May edition and they have stated the power figures for the F Series range.

Clubsport 317kw 550nm
Maloo 317kw 550nm
Clubsport R8 325kw 550nm
Clubsport R8 SV Enhanced 340kw 570nm

And best of all
GTS 430KW 740nm - the same engine as the camaro ZL1 (Supercharged 6.2L)"

Senator01
25-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Apparently top gear mag Australia has published power figures for f series. I'm gonna just repost what I read, may or may not be true

"Just read in Top Gear Australia May edition and they have stated the power figures for the F Series range.

Clubsport 317kw 550nm
Maloo 317kw 550nm
Clubsport R8 325kw 550nm
Clubsport R8 SV Enhanced 340kw 570nm

And best of all
GTS 430KW 740nm - the same engine as the camaro ZL1 (Supercharged 6.2L)"

Senator ...?????

Pickles
25-04-2013, 03:20 PM
An unnamed source today confirmed something for me I had been hoping would be true.
Expect the VF HSV to be powered by a Forced LS7.
Sorry to destroy your "hopes".....but, that ain't gonna happen.
LSA maybe, & hopefully yes, but F/I LS7?.....No Way.
Cheers, Pickles.

SV300
25-04-2013, 07:08 PM
The GTS will not be so high in KW. Possibly at the VF II but final value has been pegged back for VF HSV....

The enhanced will come with some equipment changes too....

The rest is good.

Senator01
25-04-2013, 07:41 PM
The GTS will not be so high in KW. Possibly at the VF II but final value has been pegged back for VF HSV....

The enhanced will come with some equipment changes too....

The rest is good.

So have you seen it James???

SV300
25-04-2013, 07:58 PM
I have yet to lay my eyes on one in the flesh.

Tomorrow should see some sort of official release and then next month (15th from memory) everything.

Senator01
25-04-2013, 07:59 PM
You just speak as though you know more than you do??

SV300
25-04-2013, 08:02 PM
hmmm yes.

Sniper
25-04-2013, 08:03 PM
I think there will be a lot of people with a new favourite letter . . . R . . .

SV300
25-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Posts have released some of the info relating to them relating to SV upgrades as part of the model separation and power output.

interestingly though I also did not here the Senator word, but that's not to say its not coming. Not sure there

Strick
25-04-2013, 08:23 PM
better be bluddy good with the letter R mate haha

Senator01
25-04-2013, 08:36 PM
VF .. R !! Or Senate ..R..?? hehe

Pickles
25-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Don't care what "IT" is....only that "IT", needs to be special.
Cheers, Pickles.

Strick
25-04-2013, 09:41 PM
will you buy one pickles, you left HSV for Merc. hard to come back??

Sniper
25-04-2013, 10:17 PM
will you buy one pickles, you left HSV for Merc. hard to come back??

Problem is you can buy a lot of Merc for $90k these days . . . The VF HSV is what Holden want and they have made it happen - as per normal HSV will fit the cosmetic stuff and the real muscle will be installed by Holden by the good folk in Adelaide :) . . . it will be interesting but what I don't know is when the R will be available . . . . That's if my info is correct!!!

Rocky
25-04-2013, 10:23 PM
I think there will be a lot of people with a new favourite letter . . . R . . .

As long as R doesn't Stand for rotary

Senator01
25-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Problem is you can buy a lot of Merc for $90k these days . . .

You can buy a lot of any car for $90K these days ... actually, even for a lot less ... Holden are playing catch-up .. VF seems to be closing the gap (from what has been released) .. just hope HSV add the 'special bits' that have been missing ...

Just don't want another overpriced Commodore ....

Andrew_02
25-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Hey whats wrong with a rotory, dont answer that they are a fun light car though or were 25 years ago.
auto park gets approval from the Minister of Finance, as the view could be worse over the bonnet, you can see that on the VF no so secrets there a raised bonnet must be fitted for clearance specs and air flow. I have not heard of any new colour options to date but im starting to think i may not be doing a 15k svc on my 12 grange.
with all the details available even on the GHM site news and media release secitons even the VF
is very good. If prices are low and close to fixed GHM does have a HSV discount a flat rate on all new HSV.:cool:

richo7502000
25-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Problem is you can buy a lot of Merc for $90k these days . . . The VF HSV is what Holden want and they have made it happen - as per normal HSV will fit the cosmetic stuff and the real muscle will be installed by Holden by the good folk in Adelaide :) . . . it will be interesting but what I don't know is when the R will be available . . . . That's if my info is correct!!!

MMM Possible GTS-R...... I really, really wanna see that happen HSV!!!! The brand needs it!

Sniper
25-04-2013, 11:05 PM
MMM Possible GTS-R...... I really, really wanna see that happen HSV!!!! The brand needs it!

I don't think you'll get that wish Richo - not early in the VF anyway - but I could be wrong . . .

The unanswered questions at the moment are the timing of the - R models!!!

Rocky
25-04-2013, 11:38 PM
I don't think you'll get that wish Richo - not early in the VF anyway - but I could be wrong . . .

The unanswered questions at the moment are the timing of the - R models!!!

He would Make a good fisherman our sniper, casts out the bait then slowly reels us all in
Good work

Rocky

vt6banger
26-04-2013, 08:15 AM
Just saw this interesting read ....
http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and-reviews/car-news/new_hsv_gts_australias_most_powerful_car

KAL SPL
26-04-2013, 08:30 AM
http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/430kw-v8-for-hsv-20130425-2igze.html

KAL SPL
26-04-2013, 08:34 AM
http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and-reviews/car-news/new_hsv_gts_australias_most_powerful_car

whiteman69
26-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Where am i going to find 100 grand? Have to start saving.

Sniper
26-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Well there you have it . . . . apparently the R belongs to the 340kw pack . . ie Clubsport R

I'm not sure what Lexus will think of the w**** "F" thing!!!

Best news is that the Chevy version will get it which will add to the Cudos . . . and sales of the Export model . . . and that's great news for Holden!!

Pickles
26-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Well, looks like it's FINALLY on.....GREAT news for all Aussie performance enthusiasts.....and also great news for Holden & HSV.
And, if the pricing "forecast" of around $100K is correct, I reckon they'll sell plenty.
Would I buy one......No, I wouldn't, because we've only had the C63 for just over a year, & we're VERY happy with it....But also, realistically, disposing of a one year old C63 would not make very good economic sense?! However, and this is the important thing, for potential buyers, and maybe & perhaps more importantly for potential C63 buyers or any other "Performance" Sedan, there will now be an Aussie alternative.
Just did an AMG "Drive Day" at Phillip Island. Doing 240ks down the straight, & being told to "Go Harder" is an unreal experience!
But, if we didn't have the C63, then for sure, this new supercharged car would certainly be something that would interest us, and Im absolutely certain it will interest plenty of others too.......and perhaps more importantly.....it will bring back some real "status" for HSV.......can't wait to hear more.
I wonder when there will be "official" confirmation from HSV?...Graeme?
Cheers, Pickles

E2R8
26-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Sub 100k for the GTS. Yep i would buy one. Dont know what will happen to the re-sale value of the E2 and E3 GTS now since the R8 will have the same KW 325. Looks like i will have to buy a few tickets in powerball next week.

macca33
26-04-2013, 09:19 AM
It is good to see that FI has happened, but in all honesty, anything less (particularly when FPV habe had FI for a while),wouldve spelt doom for HSV. Kudos to them with this and the other 'F' enhancements.

Sent from a MacGalaxy far, far away...

R34
26-04-2013, 09:34 AM
That GTS pic looks more like a Senator to me (which is not necessarily a bad thing)

Sniper
26-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Sorry Martin . . . Should have said!! . . . May 15 is the day

SV300
26-04-2013, 08:40 PM
One of the main problems with the previous GTS models and one I and many others had, should also be improved by means of an improved MRC system aka Corvette style with some other tweaks........

Senator01
26-04-2013, 08:55 PM
A moot point I know considering everybody is absorbing the news of 430KW at the moment .... but what of depreciation? It looks as though the price for the 'works burger' is around the $100k mark ... a number of people have already said that it will be a collector vehicle due to uncertainty beyond 2017 (rear wheel drive, no V8, etc...). My question is ' will it though'?

Consider the W427 ... low numbers - high price ... but in approx. 4 years it has depreciated 33%, give or take .. that is $155K down t $100K now based on Carsales prices .. This was suppose to be a definite money maker for any enthusiast.

Well, considering there looks to be an initial run of about 500 or so of these GTS's I can only imagine the deppreciation will be similar or even greater .. even at 33% that means in 4 years it will be down from $100K to around the $60K mark ... especially when VF2 or GEN F2 comes out .. so do you race out for a brand spanker now .. or wait a little and get behind the wheel of one for way less $ in a few years.

Very subjective I know, but something to ponder when you part with $100K. Well for those with finite bank accounts ...

Andrew_02
26-04-2013, 09:29 PM
we should know if its worth the money in two weeks, more KWS does not cost that much money god knows how the 427 sold cars at $150k we had a lot of talk about much cheaper cars!
for me not sure now if a grange has 340 that means no change a great tune and intake will give you 360 and i guess
the new model you will still end up with 360 if the intake and tune has made up to 15 kw increase.
the grange has the best of both worlds or should i say did, which is best auto park ,,, or 430 kws in a stock car
does the gts come with a rear dvd screen? GTS 430 ,,,,,,,grange 340,,,,,,,, maybe i could move the numbers around
GTS is now the top aussie made car! prices for E3 some very low prices right now I hope they all sell before
the new release. cheers andrew maybe an ex grange driver
as for coments about not being able to handle 430 how many cars can you buy now here with that and more next
we will see a volvo going will under 5 seconds!

Senator01
27-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Yep .... 430 is impressive .... but the SRT still has my vote ... sorry.

fleetz
28-04-2013, 09:05 PM
The way I see it at the moment.

Bought a brand new VE GTS in December to have a bird in the hand ...love the VE mongrel pedigree.

Now I have the bird in the hand will have serious look now at the VF GTS now it is S/C will take it for a test drive...look etc and if it is a ball tearer buy one and keep both(-:

Fleetz

jkhsv
29-04-2013, 04:09 PM
The way I see it at the moment.

Bought a brand new VE GTS in December to have a bird in the hand ...love the VE mongrel pedigree.

Now I have the bird in the hand will have serious look now at the VF GTS now it is S/C will take it for a test drive...look etc and if it is a ball tearer buy one and keep both(-:

Fleetz

Lucky you to be able to afford to have both.....

jkhsv
30-04-2013, 03:29 PM
VF Grange spotted..... ???????

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/new-hsv-grange-spotted-20130429-2io5e.html

Love the ride height too :)

Andrew_02
01-05-2013, 08:17 PM
dont think so its a WM with mags and a rear badge? second look nope same grange badge even, just the 325 removed
and no wrong yellow or red update badge, yer I put them on my two they look good, but not meant for a grange
unless you went 6 piston upgrade.
im sure the drl's are very different, auto park poss a small ant change. thanks anyway the grange 340 is out there somewhere
doubt ill be looking too hard for one though.

Cbegnell
01-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Yep .... 430 is impressive .... but the SRT still has my vote ... sorry.

Put both around eastern creek today! Was a very interesting experience and the 300 really did surprise me....
Just way to refined for my taste, very quiet, handling surprised me some but still wallowed in the more spirited corners an gear changes were a little sluggish. But over all a great car, I think I have some phototage if your interested.

Sarge
01-05-2013, 11:07 PM
yeah put the pics up

Cbegnell
01-05-2013, 11:15 PM
I'll go through it at work tomorrow and see what I have! Put I do have to short videos on my phone that ill load up to YouTube an link for you.

Cbegnell
01-05-2013, 11:34 PM
300c down the main straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39_vERQs5GE

Cbegnell
01-05-2013, 11:35 PM
GTS down the main straight.

http://youtu.be/5afJnZHAdIE

Senator01
02-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Put both around eastern creek today! Was a very interesting experience and the 300 really did surprise me....
Just way to refined for my taste, very quiet, handling surprised me some but still wallowed in the more spirited corners an gear changes were a little sluggish. But over all a great car, I think I have some phototage if your interested.

I took an SRT8 300 for a test drive late last year ... nice but felt huge. By SRT I meant the soon to be released 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. Two and a half tonne of 'menace' ...

Pickles
02-05-2013, 09:48 AM
I took an SRT8 300 for a test drive late last year ... nice but felt huge. By SRT I meant the soon to be released 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. Two and a half tonne of 'menace' ...

Yeah, the "Jeep" SRT that you refer to is a pretty awesome machine.....obviously not quite as good as an ML63, but for the money, it is a bloody awesome piece of gear....handles pretty well on the track too according to motoring journos....I like your phrase.."Two & half tonne of menace"....sums it up pretty well!
Cheers, Pickles.
Actually, Pete "Gosick" had an "interesting" experience with an ML63.....ask him about it?!

go sick
07-05-2013, 10:57 AM
hmm yeah i got smashed by one not 1 time but 3 times lol but would love a go at him now the cams in

d488y2
07-05-2013, 11:57 AM
hmm yeah i got smashed by one not 1 time but 3 times lol but would love a go at him now the cams in

Might be one a ML63 at the track day on Friday????

jkhsv
07-05-2013, 11:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJp_hX9CAAIxDSw.jpg

Strick
08-05-2013, 01:28 AM
gee HSV are good at marketing, sneeky GTS badge there (looks like an SS). little by little feeing info to the m***es. Well done!!!

jkhsv
08-05-2013, 03:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJp_hX9CAAIxDSw.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x127/KAL_SPL/Cars/045c962ae0983a4a6dbe0429b8e368dc.jpg[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm

Senator01
08-05-2013, 05:28 PM
My bet ... HSV are playing a bit of 'cat and mouse' ... that is not the GTS!! I suggest that is a ruse to fool the m***es until actual release.

Sniper
08-05-2013, 06:27 PM
The GTS will look 10 time more aggressive than that in the flesh - it has a really tough presence . . . Do not be fooled by the images on here!!!!

richo7502000
08-05-2013, 07:42 PM
The GTS will look 10 time more aggressive than that in the flesh - it has a really tough presence . . . Do not be fooled by the images on here!!!!

:D:D:D This is the most excited i have been for a car release in many years!!! I cant wait to see the new line up!

Senator01
08-05-2013, 07:49 PM

Only ten times???

Cbegnell
08-05-2013, 10:25 PM
8am tomorrow morning I get to see the new beast. I'm so excited I can barely sleep!!!

jkhsv
08-05-2013, 10:33 PM
8am tomorrow morning I get to see the new beast. I'm so excited I can barely sleep!!!

Pics or it didnt happen.....

gto461
08-05-2013, 10:43 PM
pics by 8.30am at least :)

Cbegnell
08-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Pics or it didnt happen.....

I will try, but no promises. They are kinda strict about it.....
And if the embargo still stands definitely not lol

VYSHSV8
09-05-2013, 12:01 AM
That front bar is no where near it
Where is the fag lights and driving lights ??????
The gen f bar looks like what would be seen in the senator

white_lie
09-05-2013, 08:05 AM
The media's excuse/spin is that it needs the extra air flow for the intercooler, so no lights. Make up whatever crap they want to sell their point of view! :confused::rolleyes:

jkhsv
09-05-2013, 08:43 AM
I will try, but no promises. They are kinda strict about it.....
And if the embargo still stands definitely not lol

I know there is an embargo so will have to wait until next Wednesday to see pics...

Any how you have seen it by now ???

Cbegnell
09-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry to say that yes the embargo still stands........

But very happy to say WOW!!!!!. Gen-F is an absolute beast of a car, its going to exceed every ones expectations. HSV is really playing with the big boys with this one and it is going to make some of your prestige Euro's look very silly.

Yes i have seen the car now and am in love and thinking about selling everything to buy one :rolleyes: if only i can get the missus to ok it lol........

The embargo is lifted on the 15th of May. You guys can expect a post on here from me at 12:01am the 15/05/2013. With as much information, as I have.

Senator01
09-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Hey guys,

...... ' and thinking about selling everything to buy one :rolleyes:' .........

So are you saying it will cost that much?