PDA

View Full Version : Servicing costs?

les96
07-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Late model HSV's

What do Holden dealers charge above their fixed price servicing for yor to option up to Synthetic engine oil.

Fixed price is great but what about if you should have better oil, plugs etc in your HSV ?

Can I brinng my own parts in for them to fit?

220isenator
11-01-2013, 08:59 PM
They will let you bring your own oil and plugs if you want but with fixed priced servicing I doubt they would take any money off for their saving.

What oil does HSV recommend for their cars nowadays anyway? Still Mobil 1? Whatever it is then Holden would theoretically have to use the recommended oil for the service.

white_lie
12-01-2013, 10:53 AM
As said, even at fixed price, it should include the recommended oil for your motor.
They should be taking that in to consideration when they arrange the pricing structure for the servicing costs... i'm sure it would be covered/included in the price you paid for the vehicle.

If you want better plugs, belts, filters or whatever then you should be able to take them along.
I never get my cars serviced at dealerships but if I supply parts to my mechanic, there is no 'surcharge' as such for taking them along, they just charge labour.

Cbegnell
26-04-2013, 09:23 PM
HSV stipulate the use of two different types of oil these days. There is the one covered under thei new holdenwise capped price servicing charge. Or the option to upgrade. But the cost of upgrading to the better quality oil is up to the individual dealer. I can look up what the surcharge should be if you would like?

Nath
30-04-2013, 12:59 PM
HSV stipulate the use of two different types of oil these days. There is the one covered under thei new holdenwise capped price servicing charge. Or the option to upgrade. But the cost of upgrading to the better quality oil is stipulated by HSV. I can look up what the surcharge should be if you would like?

yes please, wow dealer forgot to mention this factor to me when I purchased the car...

GWJ
30-04-2013, 01:51 PM
They will let you bring your own oil and plugs if you want but with fixed priced servicing I doubt they would take any money off for their saving.

What oil does HSV recommend for their cars nowadays anyway? Still Mobil 1? Whatever it is then Holden would theoretically have to use the recommended oil for the service.

I remember for my first (and last) service by the HSV Dealer, I asked how much they charged for the Mobil 1 that they used and it was over $22 per litre! Not cheap when they use 8 litres!
Thats when I started buying a better oil (Royal purple) from Auto one for $20 a litre and taking it to my mechanic to use.

Cbegnell
04-05-2013, 08:24 PM
I am sorry, I was partially wrong, I should have read the information correctly first. Yes there is a surcharge to upgrade to Mobile1 oil under the capped wise program however it is up to the individual dealership. I was wrong when I posted that it was controlled by HSV and I wish to retract that part of my statement. I can look into how much our surcharge is if you would like, I guess depending on where you are located.

Andrew_02
04-05-2013, 08:38 PM
I note the fixed price servicing does have a slight twist, its now gone back down to 9 months, so its not that cheap
and yes the oil has changed from Mobile 1 that does cost big dollars anywhere.
I think holden/hsv run one type of oil in a new car, then change it to a diff grade.
I brought my own parts using a gold card about 10 years ago, even had brake fluid if it needed a top up
when I went to pay they asked for about $380 for a near new s/c berlina, I said look at the docket I gave you the parts
they still wanted about $280, I said the book states 1.15minutes at $120 per hour plus the oil throw out costs and grease!
not sure where. I paid them about $150 they were not happy, why ????
don't do that stuff now though, just check the car ive even had pliers left under the bonnet Townsville and overfull break fliud.
pick your workshop well..cheers

Bludog
19-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Just had a 15k service done at the Dealers (only 9k on the clock) but it's been 9 mths since purchase. Supplied my own oil and they reduced the cost of the service from $220 to $120

voodoo_sv6
19-05-2013, 05:55 PM
What oil (brand and spec) is included in the $220 capped price service?

eggy
19-05-2013, 06:33 PM
I would've thought Mobil 1 since its recommended by hsv?

Nath
29-05-2013, 10:28 PM
I have my first 3,000km service booked in tomorrow - I requested the oil/filter be changed and they asked if I wanted 'normal' or mobile 1 - they were clear the oil isn't changed in this service but happy to pay the $189 for piece of mind..