PDA

View Full Version : My12.5 e3 maloo ute

V8_symphony
06-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

Looking at maybe purchasing a new maloo in the next month or so approximately. i've been following them price wise for the last 2 months and despite the fact i'd really like/prefer a hardlid (as comes standard on the r8 variety) i'm considering just a base (non r8) maloo which i'm seeing advertised these days 12' plated for under 50k driveaway.

my reason being i can't seem to justify the price difference for the r8 - i'm only after it as a workute, so leather isn't really of any interest to me, EDI seems like a waste of time and space especially given my experience with the touchscreen IQ system proves its already a touch laggy anyway, 325KW (r8) against the 317KW on the standard maloo i really question as to if it would be noticable as the torque output is still the same (and thats moreso what i'm after, towing a trailer etc for work), and the bi modal exhaust system i suspect probably isnt all that crash hot anyway, i imagine its gotta be pretty quiet to meet adr's and standard's for a new car so an aftermarket setup is most likely going to prove superior anyway - i think these are the main difference's aside from the hardlid which i would like and the r8 wheels which do look slightly better

i've been offered a white MY12.5 base maloo for a touch over 52k driveaway with the new MY12.5 R8 sv performance alloys fitted. thats the only option i really want, i'll fit my own towbar later and for $3,500 i'll just overlook a hardlid and get used of having a tarp again (easier to cart the motorbike anyway). my nearest offer pricewise on the R8 equivilant was just shy of 70k - do people think the included differences on an R8 justify this price increase? i mean the base maloo now is not like the old E2 GXP's - the base maloo includes the same side skirts, same tailgate and the wider rear alloys as standard that the GXP's lacked

i'm only really wanting to spend the lesser amount as i'm aware vf's can't be all that far away, and with that the HSV 'f' series will soon follow thereafter with the possibilty of different engines etc etc so i dont want to spend excess uneccessary dollars to watch it all go out the window come resale time. i can't really wait off until the 'f' series is to arrive, and im aware when it does no dealers will really be prepared to neogotiate on a newly released model...

with all this in mind, and again thanks for reading! can anyone tell me whats a sensible price or what have people been offered or seen advertised etc etc pricewise for the current MY12.5 maloo's?

hotrodtwo
06-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Not sure where you are but go and speak to Jason Price at Motorarma Holden Moorooka.I got the R8 best deal about.They have few run out models.

Hi Everyone,

Looking at maybe purchasing a new maloo in the next month or so approximately. i've been following them price wise for the last 2 months and despite the fact i'd really like/prefer a hardlid (as comes standard on the r8 variety) i'm considering just a base (non r8) maloo which i'm seeing advertised these days 12' plated for under 50k driveaway.

my reason being i can't seem to justify the price difference for the r8 - i'm only after it as a workute, so leather isn't really of any interest to me, EDI seems like a waste of time and space especially given my experience with the touchscreen IQ system proves its already a touch laggy anyway, 325KW (r8) against the 317KW on the standard maloo i really question as to if it would be noticable as the torque output is still the same (and thats moreso what i'm after, towing a trailer etc for work), and the bi modal exhaust system i suspect probably isnt all that crash hot anyway, i imagine its gotta be pretty quiet to meet adr's and standard's for a new car so an aftermarket setup is most likely going to prove superior anyway - i think these are the main difference's aside from the hardlid which i would like and the r8 wheels which do look slightly better

i've been offered a white MY12.5 base maloo for a touch over 52k driveaway with the new MY12.5 R8 sv performance alloys fitted. thats the only option i really want, i'll fit my own towbar later and for $3,500 i'll just overlook a hardlid and get used of having a tarp again (easier to cart the motorbike anyway). my nearest offer pricewise on the R8 equivilant was just shy of 70k - do people think the included differences on an R8 justify this price increase? i mean the base maloo now is not like the old E2 GXP's - the base maloo includes the same side skirts, same tailgate and the wider rear alloys as standard that the GXP's lacked

i'm only really wanting to spend the lesser amount as i'm aware vf's can't be all that far away, and with that the HSV 'f' series will soon follow thereafter with the possibilty of different engines etc etc so i dont want to spend excess uneccessary dollars to watch it all go out the window come resale time. i can't really wait off until the 'f' series is to arrive, and im aware when it does no dealers will really be prepared to neogotiate on a newly released model...

with all this in mind, and again thanks for reading! can anyone tell me whats a sensible price or what have people been offered or seen advertised etc etc pricewise for the current MY12.5 maloo's?

V8_symphony
06-01-2013, 07:29 PM
should have added, i'm from victoria. dont really care where i have to go to buy one inside victoria, really just want the cheapest price....

HSV085
07-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Speak to shane or brad @ barry bourke in berwick, they usually do pretty good deals(better than most other dealers ive dealt with) and will.be able to help u out.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2