PDA

View Full Version : VN SS Group A wheels

HSVGTS125
30-08-2012, 10:06 AM
I'd love to buy a set of these. $4000neg

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/earlwood/wheels-tyres-rims/vn-ss-group-a-wheels-x-4-mint-cond-/1006111402

Pickles
30-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Aaahh...Very nice. I had a brand new spare set when I owned my car.....Sinse sold 'em....didn't get $4K though!!...wish I had.
These look like they've got the all important centre caps, which are unique to these wheels...I had a few sets of them too.....because IMHO, the wheels are pretty much useless without 'em.
These have tyres too....Good for Concourse only I suspect....These tyres were hard to get even shortly after the VN Group A was produced......Can't remember exactly, but probably around 2000, I reckon I would've bought the last original Group A tyre in Aus.....found it in North Qld....had it sent down,,,still in its original wrapping!
But yeah, good pick up, because these don't come up very often these days.
Cheers, Pickles.

HSVGTS125
30-08-2012, 11:47 AM
I want a set just in case. Just to own a set. I love these wheels. Unfortunately I've never seen them look any good on anything other than the Group A. I saw a VN SS, VG Maloo, SV5000 and a stock VS with them. Only the group a looked the part

Pickles
30-08-2012, 12:29 PM
I want a set just in case. Just to own a set. I love these wheels. Unfortunately I've never seen them look any good on anything other than the Group A. I saw a VN SS, VG Maloo, SV5000 and a stock VS with them. Only the group a looked the part

I can't remember if you said you had a VN Group A?......and I also remember seeing them on other cars.....but not for a long time......yeah, they do look out of place on other cars.....IMHO,the best they look on anything other than the Group A would be the SV5000?....but I prefer the standard wheels on that car too.
Are you going to have a go at these?
Cheers, Pickles.

HSVGTS125
30-08-2012, 01:15 PM
No I won't buy these, too much going on with a job change, another investment on the horizon (non car related) and current house improvements.
I didn't actually like these on an SV5000, but again I'm bias because I only like SV5000 wheels on that car.
And no mate, I've never owned a VN Group A, a friend owned one back in the 1990's to 2000. The closest I got was 2 walkinshaws or a VP GTS.

SV90
30-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Love these rims, always been my favorite :) I was lucky with my set that I got the centre caps. As pickles said, a very hard thing to find these days.

KMAN
01-09-2012, 08:53 PM
They look awesome, but does anyone else think 4k might be a little too much?

Pickles
02-09-2012, 09:08 AM
They look awesome, but does anyone else think 4k might be a little too much?
Depends how much you want them, & what you want 'em for.
I've paid what some people would say is "too much" for stuff over the years, but I wanted it, so if I had the dollars, I bought it.
Anyway if ya want these, first thing to do is see how good they are....are they original, ever been painted....why I say that is that if they have been painted, it is possible that you'll lose some of the definition of the raised wording on the wheels.
Cheers, Pickles.

KMAN
08-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah very true. Btw they have since some down $500 in price.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/earlwood/wheels-tyres-rims/vn-ss-group-a-wheels-x-4-mint-cond-/1006111402