PDA

View Full Version : Srs airbag code troubles

HeathC
06-08-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm in a bit of a pickle here.
I just recently had my steering wheel fixed thinking it was causing an airbag fault.
( My media controls were activating the horn)
I had the horn issue fixed ad had the audio controls connected and all works fine.
I was told the horn was plugged into the audio control connection for some reason????

Anyway, here's the issue:
I still have the SRS airbag fault on startup with the SRS light on the dash.
I have now been to 2 different auto elecs to have the code diagnosed an reset.
Neither of them could read the code or reset it.
I was watching both and their readers simply displayed "No fault code" and since there is no code is could not reset.

I am hoping not to go to Holden mainly for their ridiculous charge and also as I fear they will say I need a w**** new module.
Any chance someone could shed some light on this or a similar issue?
Getting desperate as I dislike driving with the light on and also need to book my car for a driving course which they won't accept with it on.

Heath

white_lie
06-08-2012, 11:22 AM
If the auto elec's scanner won't pick it up, hopefully Tech 2 is a bit more thorough and finds something.
Do their scanners also pick up the seat belt pre-tensioners and what not? As you had a horn issue, it does sound a little fishy and more like the clock spring in the steering wheel is playing up but that should be easy for an auto elec to pick up.

Can't really help you or offer advice on your situation unless you can get them to diagnose and clear the fault and take it elsewhere to be fixed if there is an underlying issue... may work out somewhat cheaper.

HeathC
06-08-2012, 11:28 PM
I was wondering the same thing regarding the Scanner tools.
Was wary of the ones they had and thought a Genuine Tech2 scanner might be more helpful.

I found a thread elsewhere of a guy who had the same issue on his VY.
Said it ended up being a faulty SDM for him.
I hope I don't follow suit as I don't look forward to tearing my car apart to get to it.

Any help is appreciated.
I'll keep you posted.

HeathC
29-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Hey.
My issue was successfully resolved today after installing another cluster.

The new cluster I put in has also interesting returned a w**** bunch of dash menu options that were previously missing that I forgot were not there. Originally I thought my car simply did not have the options but that did not feel right as everyone else had options that were missing from mine.

However it is all good now.
Thanks