david6509
30-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Hey guys I have this JL Audio equipment so far,
C5-650 splits
C2-600 coxials
XD400.4 amp
XD600.1 mono
HO112RG-W3v3 subwoofer

Talking to guys around Brisbane and the Gold Coast they have told me I am going to need a decent line converter. The ones that have been recommend are the LC7 or the Bitten. At the moment I am leaning more towards the bit ten as it seems more advanced. I know the xd amps can take high level input direct but have been told not to do so. I have been quoted around the 2k mark for installation which includes dynamatt and some sort of line converter. Can anyone recommend which line converter or if I should even bother using one? Also open to ideas if anyone knows a place that will do a nice clean install.

Stewiecasserole
30-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Out of the two I'd go the Bit Ten from Audison. I'm looking at the Bit One. But do you realise these are digital processors? Way more than a simple line out converter which will just get rid of alternator squeal. A Bit Ten is like a massively adjustable digital equalizer. I'd do some reading if I were you. try Crutchfield and Sonixelectronics and even some of the car audio forums. I think maybe these guys are just sucking bucks out of your wallet. Mind you you would enjoy a digital processor but you really want to want one first.
If you just want to squash alternator squeal then just get a couple of $20 adjustable line out convertors.

richo7502000
30-07-2012, 12:55 PM
If you are needing to be using A line out converter it will always be a weak link of a stereo install (singly will give you the most signal change/noise in an audio system), so I arent suprised they are recommending a decent one for you.

I have a Rockford Fosgate Full surround DSP in my new car and the digital processors are brilliant, with all that other good stuff you have bought I recommend you DONT skimp on the Line converters mate!

Stewiecasserole
30-07-2012, 01:01 PM
2K seems to be a huge amount for an instal too. Do the dynamat yourself...at least the majority of it. Can hook you up with stuff half the price of Dynamat and better quality too.