PDA

View Full Version : Pinging Metallic Noise Coming From Rear

mattsen
21-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi All,

Yesterday I was driving in another car alongside my VZ Senator and could hear this strange tinny sounding pinging / metallic scraping or grinding noise coming from the rear.

At the time we were driving around 70 km/h.

I took the rear wheels off after the drive and gave a few different areas a wack to see if i could hear any noise but nothing.

Anyone out there with experience know what this could be? :?

Thanks

Stewiecasserole
21-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Got a similar tinkle coming from right front every time I hit even the smallest bump. Holden looked but with no luck. Only thing I can think of is the flat spring at the back of the calipers is bouncing but other than that I have no fvcking idea. Drives me nuts.

richo7502000
21-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi All,

Yesterday I was driving in another car alongside my VZ Senator and could hear this strange tinny sounding pinging / metallic scraping or grinding noise coming from the rear.

At the time we were driving around 70 km/h. Thanks

The handbrakes on these cars are an internal Drum brake withing the casting of the main back disc, sometimes it can "drag causing a scraping/Metallic noise. check if the handbrake is adjusted correctly for starters, it may not be fully releasing from the drum possibly.