PDA

View Full Version : 408 Stroker

pighunter01
27-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Hey guys apart from obvious torqu increase, how is a 408 stroker drive in detail in town and on freeway. I only been in 1 before and was a 350 stroker(old school) I have vz maloo and I'm getting motor done very soon and just after ins and outs of this sort of motor. I have heavy duty clutch, 1:78 defillpo headers. Dual 3" stainless defillpo system high flow cats, it's cammed at the moment and making 319 rwk. Any knowledge as to how it will be would be appreciated.

Cheers

ssbt1
27-06-2012, 06:22 PM
speak to tan or alf at horse power automotive in deer park. they can give u the low down.03 8358 5573.tell them kelvin sent u.

macca33
27-06-2012, 08:26 PM
From my experience, it will be stronger everywhere and turn the tyres at ease. It will be loud with that exhaust you have.

The camshaft will determine how it will drive - to a large extent, so I hope that you were honest with what your goal was and what you were expecting out of the car when you spoke to the engine builder. Too large a cam and it will be a pig, even with 408 cubes.

Expect, also, to see the fuel bowser more regularly - but, as they say, we play, we pay...

cheers

pighunter01
28-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks for reply macca33, unsure what size cam will be used as I take the car next week to get it all done and we will discuss cam shaft then. I want it for few daily drives a week and few events throughout the year so I'm quite excited to s the least that it's finally only a week away from coming to fruition. Picking up m***ive more amounts of torque and few extra rwk will be good to say the least. I was thinking it would be loud with my exhaust but spent big money on it so won't be changing it anytime soon.lol.
As for the bowser frequency yes I am sure us v8 owners own shares in stations all over Australia... Hahaha

Y2maloo
28-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Howzit pighunter, I was curious for an update on the stroked motor, what sort of power figure you got? What's it like to drive round town? Overall was it worth it?
Cheers Mark