PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake..?

07GTS
19-06-2012, 10:23 PM
anyone alse in victoria feel that tremor..?

zclubby
19-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Yep

1SIKR8
19-06-2012, 10:50 PM
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usb000ajek.php

found details

Rrrrrrrr8
19-06-2012, 10:55 PM
even made it on the news here in QLD

Pickles
20-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Scary stuff....felt it big time in Aspendale....floor shook, glass cabinet rattled....had a glass of wine sitting in front of me...ya could see the wine level in the glass "rippling".....and that "rippling" continued for a while after I could actually feel anything.
Wifey was in Mordialloc, & she noticed that immediately after the tremor finished, all the birds started chirping! (8.55PM???!!!)
Cheers, Pickles.

d488y2
20-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Plenty of Rock n Roll at our house last night

BRUIZR
20-06-2012, 11:39 AM
I was in bed reading when it started to shake ... I had visions of the bed shaking scene in the "Exorcist"

BRUIZR
20-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Geez ... it didn't take long!!! (No disrespect to those who live in Moe)...

Disaster: An earth quake measuring 5.3 on the Richter scale hit most of Victoria last night at a few minutes before 9.00pm with its epicentre in Moe.

Victims were seen wandering around aimlesley, muttering WTF!"

The earthquake decimated the area causing approximately $30.00 worth of damage.

Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their welfare checks from Centrelink arrived.

The Moe Leader reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered and were still trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in Moe.

One resident-Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15 year old mother of 3 said "it was such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying.

My youngest two, Kevin and Jason slept through it all."

Apprently looting, muggings and car crime were unaffected and carried on as normal.

The Australian Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Bacardi-Breezers to the area to help stricken locals.

Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, including Health Care Cards, jewellery from Kleins and Bone China from Big W.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?
This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in the disaster.

Clothing is most sought after-items most needed include: baseball caps, tracksuits, singlets (blue & white) white sport socks, reebok boots and moccasins ( aka Moccies or Moe Stiletto's).

Any other items usually sold in Priceline or the Reject shop.

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same.

Required foodstuffs urgently needed include:

Microwave meals, Baked beans, Ice cream, Chips, Fizzy drinks.

Donations:

$15.00 will be taken to buy a packet of winny blue 25's (Winfield Blue smokes as advertised by Paul Hogan himself of-"Anyhow, have a Winfield fame.") and a lighter to calm the nerves of those worst affected.

MAP
Moe Associated Press.

Pickles
20-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Ha ha ha....absolute classic.
Cheers, Pickles.

d488y2
20-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Gold Bruizer, I grew up not far from Moe and there is a lot of truth in the Story.

Mzsammi
20-06-2012, 07:04 PM
:( i was driving i didnt know anything about it until a friend txt me.... :)

jkhsv
20-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Didn't feel a thing !

Mzsammi
20-06-2012, 07:28 PM
cuz ur in perth u twit!! :P hahaha
u have a thing for blondes with fake boobs dont u jk??

hsv.286
20-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Hope you wernt texting while driving mssammi.???:shock:

Mzsammi
20-06-2012, 08:28 PM
lol. ummmmm nooooo never ;) haha

Noodle
21-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Disaster: An earth quake measuring 5.3 on the Richter scale hit most of Victoria last night at a few minutes before 9.00pm with its epicentre in Moe.

Funny as BRUIZR, but be careful the next time you drive near the vicinity of Moe, your HSV might get stoned to death by the local residents.

zclubby
21-06-2012, 06:31 PM
The local stoned residents?

hsv.286
21-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Saw that one coming with the 12:27 express from flinders st z man..:p

Stewiecasserole
21-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Found this online and just had to share it......not my work........
Credit goes to this link.....
http://www.railpage.com.au/f-p1716512.htm

Moe -Earthquake appeal - Terrifying tremors and icy cold temperatures hit Moe tonight,

Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly, flannies frozen, trackies sagging,
muttering 'Faaackinell'.

The tremors devastated the area causing approximately $30 worth of damage.
... ...
Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their Centrelink cheques arriv...ed.

The Moe Times reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered and were still trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in Waterloo Rd.

One resident - Tracy Maree Sharon Britney Madonna Skye-Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said 'It was such a shock, my little daughter Chardonnay-Mercedes came running in to my bedroom crying. My youngest two Joachim and River slept through it all.' The windows shook and the bed vibrated I don™t have to steal D size batteries out of the kids toys tonight

Apparently, looting, muggings and car crime were unaffected and carried on as normal.

The Australian Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Bacardi-Breezers to the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, including Health Care Cards, Jewellery from Kmart and Bone China from Big W.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after - items most needed include: flannelette Shirts, tight blue jeans or spandex, singlets (blue & white) white sport socks, Ugg boots, hoodies and any other items usually sold in Priceline or The Reject Shop.

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same.
Required foodstuffs urgently needed include: Microwave meals, Baked Beans, Ice cream, Sarah Lee Frozen Cheesecakes, Chips, all Fizzy drinks, Wagon Wheels, Tim Tams, Coco Pops and Fruit Loops. No Diet Coke
Donations of $25.00 will be taken to buy a packet of Winny blue 25s and a lighter and cans of Jim Beam to calm the nerves of those affected

And apparently they are experiencing some major after shocks........
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/yellow_top_bouncing_boobs.gif

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/boobs-jiggle-13.gif

07GTS
21-06-2012, 10:08 PM
ha ha thats gold...

Senator01
21-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Old news .... had those here in Newcastle years ago .... Ppffttt .... Hardin up you Vic folk ...

zclubby
22-06-2012, 06:55 PM
E3, are you talking about the girls Stewie put up?